Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'Indian Charlie" gets in fight with trainer Dale Romans at Churchill Downs

Started by jbcarol, June 27, 2014, 05:14:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Dale Romans, a prominent horse trainer, and Eddie Musselman, publisher of the controversial racing newsletter "Indian Charlie," got into a fistfight Thursday in the stables when Romans asked Musselman why he kept writing about him. Musselman threw the first punch, and from there, it was on.

QuoteDuring the fight, Romans' pants fell down due to his recent weight loss, causing him to trip and fall. Romans' girlfriend and exercise rider Tammy Fox also got hit during the incident:

"All I was going to do was throw a bucket of water on him," Fox said. "No words were said. Muggins (Musselman's nickname) threw the first punch, and it all started. Then he swung at me. I got hit. They're in a bear-hug on the street and they landed on the ground. Dale's pants are on the ground, no underwear. Since I got hit, I had to protect myself."

Tammy Fox
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

songofthesword

cbhawg03

I don't know what happened behind the scenes but all Infian Charlie has out in newsletter has been about Romans cursing at Maker about General A Rod being late to holding barn and Maker telling Tomans to chill cause Maker had one of his kids in his arms and another was walking with him and Romans kept on. Also talked about his weight, but who hasn't.

He did say how Romans has got in trouble with IRS about possible illegals and other troubles he has had, in luring not paying for some horses he bought at auction until the sellers filed a lawsuit.

heavylifting

2 comments.

First, what is it about the Fox family and fisticuffs? Tammy's brother Billy mixed it up with Chris Antley in New York and a Philly Park security guard in separate incidents back in the 1980s. Granted, neither Romans nor Tammy started this fight, but still.

Second, I was at Churchill a few years ago and heard a couple backsiders talking about Romans, saying that he didn't stake his help after wins. I'm not sure how the amount he pays his help corresponds with that of others, but I'd never heard of anyone paying only salary; everyone else I'd ever encountered always staked at least the groom, if not others. Of course, that's just hearsay and may not be true, but sounds like it might jibe with the comments about IRS trouble.