Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 2 THREAD: #2 Arkansas (1-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Bucknell (0-1, 0-0 Patriot League)

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 16, 2018, 08:08:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisco Pig

PeabodyHawg

Wisco Pig

PeabodyHawg

Wisco Pig

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 17, 2018, 12:30:50 pm
Wisco, I'm jealous of all the homers you are getting to call. I only got one in the entire game yesterday.

Ha, I can barely keep up.   Happy for a pitching change to catch my breath.

Wisco Pig

McFarland flies out to CF on a 1-0 pitch to end the 2nd.

9-1, Arkansas.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on February 17, 2018, 12:33:14 pm
Does this team have Special written all over it or what.
I'm trying not to get my expectations too high but it's difficult with this roster.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Wisco Pig

Quote from: Maddhog on February 17, 2018, 12:27:02 pm
Appreciate the pbp, Wisco.  Good job.

Thanks, Maddhog.  Are you in the PBP schedule for an upcoming game?

Wisco Pig

Back to the top of the order for Bucknell in the 3rd:

Toso, 2B
Bell, LF
Johnson, SS

PigWig

Razorbacks#1

1               Top 3rd                   9

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Bucknell         1| 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  2  | 0  | 2   
Arkansas        3| 6 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  9  |  9  | 0  | 1   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

Toso gets behind 0-2, gets it to 1-2, and then strikes out looking.

One out.

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

JHicks3636

Pitiful Wisco. All those homers and you could only get 9 runs in 2 innings. I got 10 in 2 yesterday with only 1 homer. This team has to pick it up with the bats early in games.

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 17, 2018, 12:36:01 pm
I’m trying not to get my expectations too high but it’s difficult with this roster.
No weak spots in the Starting Lineup, strong pitching and relief, depth out the wazoo, great coaching.....yep difficult not to get exited for this season.

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Luke Johnson bats with 2 outs and no one on.   He gets ahead in the count, 3-1, then Campbell gets to a full count, and Johnson strikes out looking.

Hogs, 9-1.

woodhog14

I love the new red and white Nike cleats for this year. They look good with our uniforms!

Razorbacks#1

1               Bot 3rd                   9

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Bucknell         1| 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  2  | 1  | 2   
Arkansas        3| 6 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  9  |  9  | 0  | 1   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

PigWig

Campbell now showing why he was penciled in as our Friday night guy last year before the elbow flared up. Fastball sitting 92-95 MPH, straight change in the low to mid 80s, huge 12-6 curve, and even throwing a cutter too that is around 88-90. Combine that with his big frame and over the top release, and you have the makings of a big-time pitcher.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 17, 2018, 12:39:48 pm
Pitiful Wisco. All those homers and you could only get 9 runs in 2 innings. I got 10 in 2 yesterday with only 1 homer. This team has to pick it up with the bats early in games.

Lol
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Wisco Pig

Shaddy opens the Arkansas 3rd.   He gets ahead 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, and then walks.

JHicks3636

Campbell with 60 pitches in 3 innings, 39 for strikes. Has 5 Ks to go with 1 walk. Pitch count is a little high. I could see next inning being his last. Five innings max if he gets through next inning with fewer pitches.

Wisco Pig

Casey Martin is next.   He flies out to center field on a 1-1 pitch.

One on, one out.

Great catch by Bell.

PeabodyHawg

Wisco Pig

JHicks3636

It's very early in the season, but Biggers is hitting .600 and is third on the team in average.

Wisco Pig

Biggers works a full count with several foul balls mixed in, and then walks.

Hogs on 1st and 2nd, one out.

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

bjeffersonhog

I really like how patient this team has been at the plate so far this weekend.  A lot of times when someone has power they want to swing away, but this team has shown a lot of control at the plate.

JHicks3636

Wisco Pig

hogfaninmo

ricepig

Hopefully we can break this early season problem of not scoring in the the third inning...

JHicks3636

Quote from: ricepig on February 17, 2018, 12:54:37 pm
Hopefully we can break this early season problem of not scoring in the the third inning...

We did. That monkey is off our backs.

LJHOG

Wisco Pig

D. Fletcher reaches on a fielder's choice on a chopper to second base.  He gets the RBI as Cole is out at second and Shaddy scores.

10-1, Hogs.

Wisco Pig

Bonfield, who has a 3-run homer as well, bats with 2 outs and men on 1st and 3rd.

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Four walks this inning, I think.    Koch bats again -- he's also gone deep today.

Wisco Pig

Koch gets to a 2-2 count, then a full count, and then walks.

11-1, Hogs.  The bases remain loaded with 2 outs.

JHicks3636

Looks as though the bench will see plenty of playing time again today. That really helps in giving the young guys some experience.

Wisco Pig

Kjerstad's next.   He's 1 for 1 (a single) and was hit by a pitch.

CJ HOG

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Wisco Pig

Kjerstad gets ahead 2-1, Robichaux evens the count at 2, and then Kjerstad singles up the middle to score two more runs.

13-1, Hogs.

JHicks3636

Wisco Pig

ThisTeetsTaken

Have to say it again.  That kid has a VERY mature approach at the plate.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***