Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any ASGA board members on here?

Started by parallaxpig, February 11, 2018, 07:24:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

parallaxpig

You guys need to get NW Arkansas back in fold with designated tourneys. Losing a lot of membership.........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

userpick

Just my opinion but I think the ASGA needs to eliminate a lot of the tournaments. Half of the tournaments have 10 players or less. I wish they'd cut down the tournaments and drive up the demand to play. People just aren't playing golf like they used to.

parallaxpig

Quote from: userpick on February 11, 2018, 09:18:14 am
Just my opinion but I think the ASGA needs to eliminate a lot of the tournaments. Half of the tournaments have 10 players or less. I wish they'd cut down the tournaments and drive up the demand to play. People just aren't playing golf like they used to.

Have you played in the NWA stroke. There are 80-100 players in it. ASGA seems to be dying on the vine. I have spoken to several board members including Jay Fox. Best I can determine its become a NW Ark vs Central Ark pissin match.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

userpick

Quote from: parallaxpig on February 11, 2018, 11:17:32 am

Have you played in the NWA stroke. There are 80-100 players in it. ASGA seems to be dying on the vine. I have spoken to several board members including Jay Fox. Best I can determine its become a NW Ark vs Central Ark pissin match.

Where's the NWA stroke play? I played one at Paradise Valley 6-7 years ago and it was great. There are many in central Arkansas that have small fields and a waste of time.

parallaxpig

Quote from: userpick on February 11, 2018, 11:25:46 am
Where's the NWA stroke play? I played one at Paradise Valley 6-7 years ago and it was great. There are many in central Arkansas that have small fields and a waste of time.

Play one day at Paradise and one day at Lost Springs.

hogbud

Quote from: parallaxpig on February 11, 2018, 11:17:32 am

Seems everything about NWA and Central Ark becomes a pissing match

onebadrubi

Any tried the golfweek or golf channel tours? 

root_hawg

Played the Am tour in one of their tourneys last year, was planning to play more this year but surgery has delayed that quite a bit

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: userpick on February 11, 2018, 11:25:46 am
hey Pick, how long has Fox had that job with the ASGA ?  I know he's a decent guy as I used to play against him in junior tournaments but is what Jay is doing, is it a full time job or just a semi-volunteer type thing ? I just remember Bradshaw and I would avoid Fox at Oaklawn Park during racing season because he always insisted on clubbing with us later on that night after the races. Dude is the definition of a 'kok-blok' and we were in our late 20's. Anyway, I find it difficult to believe that President or CEO or whatever title he has with the ASGA can pay enough to live a decent life.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

userpick

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 10, 2018, 06:53:25 pm
hey Pick, how long has Fox had that job with the ASGA ?  I know he's a decent guy as I used to play against him in junior tournaments but is what Jay is doing, is it a full time job or just a semi-volunteer type thing ? I just remember Bradshaw and I would avoid Fox at Oaklawn Park during racing season because he always insisted on clubbing with us later on that night after the races. Dude is the definition of a 'kok-blok' and we were in our late 20's. Anyway, I find it difficult to believe that President or CEO or whatever title he has with the ASGA can pay enough to live a decent life.

He's had that job ever since I was a little kid. That's all he does as far as I know. ASGA is sinking like the Titanic now though.