Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

let's go ahead and starts next year's spin

Started by Kevin, February 06, 2018, 11:01:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

this team is young & learning
this team is making progress
it takes two years, to learn cma's system
cannot change coaches now, next year is going to be the year.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The_Iceman

Quote from: Kevin on February 06, 2018, 11:01:58 am

We may make it back to the 2020 NCAA Tournament. Maybe.....

cityhog

Can't expect us to do much, we lost x% of our scoring from 17/18 team.
No senior leadership which dovetails into
Team is so young
Can't make any changes because we might lose recruits

I'm sorry. I really tried to be positive this year. I believed (despite my best instincts) that this was the year that we turn the corner. I was prepared to eat mountains of crow. Sadly it has turned into yet another year of 'what-ifs' 'should have beens' and unexpected blowouts.

hogsanity

Nah, it will be what it has been since he got here " Gotta keep Mike, he's got a great class lined up 2 years from now.".
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Breems

Who are we making fun of? I'm not hearing any of that.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

rude1

This team is fun to watch, just wait till the new players get some experience, we will be hard to deal with.

ballinhog

Quote from: Breems on February 06, 2018, 11:35:39 am
Who are we making fun of? I'm not hearing any of that.

Lol truth...it seems as if this whole board sees Mike for what he is now. But everybody keeps thinking everybody else is defending him. I made a few posts yesterday just simply talking about the players we have coming next year and the whole board mistook it as if I was defending CMA and saying give him a chance.

I never said any of that lol all I said was I like the length and versatility of guys like Joe, Phillips and Garland. Apparently around here if you like any of our recruits that means you're saying give Mike 12 more years

FineAsSwine

NCAA tournament 3 of last 4 years. Gafford and the gang will be salty at the midseason point as the young pups get seasoned. Justice Hill coming in the spring of '19 and will give us 2 actual point guards and Hall and Phillips give us two athletic wings with length. We will come at opponents in wave after wave until they are weak in the knees.

Seeing the light at the end of a 20 year tunnel. Ain't no stopping us now!

How bow dah?
Hogs up! Covid down!

hog golf

this is the time in the season where you really miss your Daryl Macons, your Jalen Barfords, your Anton Beards, your Trey Thompsons........
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

rude1

Or one of my all time favorites, we are better than our record indicates, if we had gotten a couple more calls or breaks the record would look much better!!!!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: rude1 on February 06, 2018, 12:37:26 pm
Or one of my all time favorites, we are better than our record indicates, if we had gotten a couple more calls or breaks the record would look much better!!!!

We're pretty much what our record says we are right now. A perimeter scoring team that struggles creating scoring in the lane and is weak defensively.
Hogs up! Covid down!

hobhog

Quote from: rude1 on February 06, 2018, 12:37:26 pm

Wow. Just stop.

cardsNhogs

No reason to be optimistic about Razorbacks Basketball anymore until a change is made and we have a real head coach.

Paul

OkieBack

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 06, 2018, 12:45:32 pm
We're pretty much what our record says we are right now. A perimeter scoring team that struggles creating scoring in the lane and is weak defensively.

Exactly.  So who had the notion going into this season we were Final Four material?  We lost too much.  The rebuild is on MA and if he can't retool and make a run then he won't last.  Period.  I don't defend MA as I admit the clock is ticking on him and if he can't get it done eventually then he will go. I'm just not there yet.  Sorry.

With that said, I guess I don't see we are as far off as some of you seem to believe.  A couple pieces here or there and I think much of our issues are resolved.  Mainly a true PG.  But I know for some of you no level of success by MA will make you happy.  May be they just need to can old Mike and bring in a young up-and-comer who can guide us to a 12-18 record for three years straight.  Then you guys will REALLY have something to biatch about... 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 06, 2018, 12:45:32 pm

We are terrible defensively but we actually are one of the top teams in the sec for getting points in the paint.

Rbill

This kind of attitude is ridiculous. You've seen my recent posts. I call our weaknesses like I see them. I criticize Mike for all sorts of things.

But the correct response after last night's game is nothing but "that was better. At least we showed a willingness to change a little. Young guys brought more energy than old guys. Let's see if we can do it again Saturday. Go hogs"

When we do poorly the sunshine pumpers are annoying, and when we do well the Debbie downers are annoying. Can't we all respond appropriately to our performance?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Kevin on February 06, 2018, 11:01:58 am

If only Gafford would have stuck around another year and Garland was able to play

Letsroll1200

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 06, 2018, 12:18:54 pm
NCAA tournament 3 of last 4 years. Gafford and the gang will be salty at the midseason point as the young pups get seasoned. Justice Hill coming in the spring of '19 and will give us 2 actual point guards and Hall and Phillips give us two athletic wings with length. We will come at opponents in wave after wave until they are weak in the knees.

Seeing the light at the end of a 20 year tunnel. Ain't no stopping us now!

How bow dah?

Gafford one of the best bigs in the league.
Jalen Harris can get in the lane
Keyshawn and Chaney are young tough dudes
Isaiah Joe can stroke it
Hall and Phillips are problems
This team is long, athletic abd they share the basketball
Bailey and Jones have developed into solid basketball players
The Hogs are in the tournament picture again

cal34

We just aren't seeing that 3rd and 4th effort on defense.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 07, 2018, 09:00:45 pm
Gafford one of the best bigs in the league.
Jalen Harris can get in the lane
Keyshawn and Chaney are young tough dudes
Isaiah Joe can stroke it
Hall and Phillips are problems
This team is long, athletic abd they share the basketball
Bailey and Jones have developed into solid basketball players
The Hogs are in the tournament picture again

I'll buy that.
Hogs up! Covid down!