Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Coach Morris have his own jellygate?

Started by The OTR, January 26, 2018, 06:34:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

CBB had many quirky rituals, superstitions, and behaviors, all shrouded in a sort of mystery.  Maybe he was quirky when he got here or maybe living in Fayetteville got to him.  With CBB we endured Weightgate, lobstergate, jellygate, windbreakergate, Ben's apartmentgate just to name a few.  Even a month ago on TV he had his own fartgate.  It was exhausting for me and I'm sure others as week after week we tried to get to the bottom of some of these behind the scenes happenings and we never really found out the why's or wherefores of much of it.  The media didn't do us any favors in that respect.   

Coach Morris seems pretty solid and grounded.  Hopefully he is more focused on football than buying cowboy boots in Chicago or some of the other nonsense we saw out of CBB.  So far it seems like he's all business and I believe we found a guy on his way up rather than on his way down this time.

I hope folks here give the man a chance.  He's done nothing so far to indicate he is anything like his predecessor in terms of oddball behavior.  I will give CBB credit...he did keep things interesting with this behavior but in the end quirkiness couldn't save his job. 

Looking forward to more talk of X's and O's, strategy, and recruiting this off season. So far you boys are doing a pretty good job except when a thread gets derailed by catfish discussion and breakfast debate.  Let's keep this forum clean in here for once and stay focused on football this off season.  Thanks and have a good Friday and good weekend.

Skandar

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Just because I clean the floor with you on every catfish debate doesn't mean no one else can get their comeuppance... I could give two shirts what people are having for breakfast, unless it's catfish because that crap is weird, Until you try it...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

jcbville

Well considering peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are common halftime snacks I'd wager they will still be around to be discussed if it suits people. I never actually understood why that was worth talking about myself but whatever.

bphi11ips

Coach Morris gets his boots at Leddy's. No worries.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 26, 2018, 06:34:15 am
CBB had many quirky rituals, superstitions, and behaviors, all shrouded in a sort of mystery.  Maybe he was quirky when he got here or maybe living in Fayetteville got to him.  With CBB we endured Weightgate, lobstergate, jellygate, windbreakergate, Ben's apartmentgate just to name a few.  Even a month ago on TV he had his own fartgate.  It was exhausting for me and I'm sure others as week after week we tried to get to the bottom of some of these behind the scenes happenings and we never really found out the why's or wherefores of much of it.  The media didn't do us any favors in that respect.   

Coach Morris seems pretty solid and grounded.  Hopefully he is more focused on football than buying cowboy boots in Chicago or some of the other nonsense we saw out of CBB.  So far it seems like he's all business and I believe we found a guy on his way up rather than on his way down this time.

I hope folks here give the man a chance.  He's done nothing so far to indicate he is anything like his predecessor in terms of oddball behavior.  I will give CBB credit...he did keep things interesting with this behavior but in the end quirkiness couldn't save his job. 

Looking forward to more talk of X's and O's, strategy, and recruiting this off season. So far you boys are doing a pretty good job except when a thread gets derailed by catfish discussion and breakfast debate.  Let's keep this forum clean in here for once and stay focused on football this off season.  Thanks and have a good Friday and good weekend.

Skandar
Superstitions and quirks are part of athletics and if CCM doesn't have any then we will soon be wishing we had Bielema back

twistitup

#Fritopiegate

On his twitter he mentioned eating 3-4 Frito Pies, multiple Red Bulls, etc...while flying around h.s. crootin' in Texas

If we don't have Frito Pie at all concession stands this upcoming season (especially after the Head Coach vouched for it) - then there is some funny business going on w Pepsi. Pepsi needs to tell Frito Lay (who they own) to get on the damn ball and set up a Frito Pie Tailgate in Fayetteville on game day to make up for the many years they have been MIA on the hill.

I see mayo trucks (Hellman's I think) setting up and partying

I've seen Stubb's BBQ partying and giving away bbq samples

What about Frito Lay? Let's get our act together or I get the feeling we are being blackballed by Frito Lay -

We will know very soon if Frito Lay and Pepsi have ANY respect for our new Head Hog - Coach Chad Morris

#FritoPieGate?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 26, 2018, 07:02:34 am
Coach Morris gets his boots at Leddy's. No worries.

Is that the same place Nolan got his? Those were some nice boots.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hog N Bama

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: twistitup on January 26, 2018, 07:24:17 am
#Fritopiegate

On his twitter he mentioned eating 3-4 Frito Pies, multiple Red Bulls, etc...while flying around h.s. crootin' in Texas

If we don't have Frito Pie at all concession stands this upcoming season (especially after the Head Coach vouched for it) - then there is some funny business going on w Pepsi. Pepsi needs to tell Frito Lay (who they own) to get on the damn ball and set up a Frito Pie Tailgate in Fayetteville on game day to make up for the many years they have been MIA on the hill.

What about Frito Lay? Let's get our act together or I get the feeling we are being blackballed by Frito Lay -

We will know very soon if Frito Lay and Pepsi have ANY respect for our new Head Hog - Coach Chad Morris

#FritoPieGate?

Someone call Herbie and Corso.!! We have got to get this Frito Pie thing off of the pages of Hogville, and turn it into legendary Arkansas stadium fare. That is, unless people start talking about Arkansas games smelling like a big ol' "ASS-Fest". I mean we had that on the field lately. We don't need that moving into the same realm as LSU and corndogs. Hell..! Just forget it!
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

go hogues

Skandar
I'd say the flurry of hashtags is a solid start...
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

greenEGnHAWGS

Can we seriously not move on from the B.B. shots? Nobody cares about quirks if we're winning. Every coach in America has quirks. Only thing that matters are the Ws.

Btw...just cuz something happened under his reign doesn't make it a -gate. If you go by that criteria, then CCM has already had Red Bull-gate, Hammerdown-gate, and yoga-gate. Guarantee nobody will give a flying flip if any of these get odd if Ws are on the board.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

nchogg

Who cares what quirts Coach Morris may have as long as he gets more wins. Coach B is no longer our coach and I can't understand why you want to comment about his quirks now. Enough of that was done when he was our coach. It's time to move on and look to the future.

ImHogginIt

#Fritopiegate

#FritoPieGate?
They are not going to give us frito pie in the West upperdeck. Hell we barely get bottled water  :'(

HawgHawk

Quote from: nchogg on January 26, 2018, 08:03:16 am
Who cares what quirts Coach Morris may have as long as he gets more wins. Coach B is no longer our coach and I can't understand why you want to comment about his quirks now. Enough of that was done when he was our coach. It's time to move on and look to the future.

If he has "quirts", then we are really in for some interesting info going forwards. Kinky always draws in publicity!

nchogg

Quote from: HawgHawk on January 26, 2018, 08:16:28 am
If he has "quirts", then we are really in for some interesting info going forwards. Kinky always draws in publicity!
Hit wrong key and did not proof read big deal.

ImHogginIt

Hog Hunting in Texas  :)

jm

He does something that many will see as odd. Most of us probably have habits that seem odd to others, but we are not in the public spotlight so it just isn't discussed.

MissippHog

Quote from: jcbville on January 26, 2018, 06:59:51 am
Well considering peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are common halftime snacks I'd wager they will still be around to be discussed if it suits people. I never actually understood why that was worth talking about myself but whatever.
I hear Coach Morris was more of a Nutella-kind-of-guy  :-\

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Mustard ribs Skandar, mustard ribs is where it's at now. It helps keeping the blood flow and blood pressure up along with helping reduce muscle cramps. I would say about two racks per player ought to  do the trick.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

twistitup

I hear ccm likes peanut butter and banana sammiches. Cramp reduction protein boost, the approval of Elvis, etc

If Morris doesn't win, Hogville will come up with an insulting nickname and generally make fun of everything he says or does. It's what Hogville does.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: nchogg on January 26, 2018, 08:19:13 am
Wow this is a lighthearted troll thread by Skandar, which all of his threads are, and you come in and act butthurt.

Gonzo

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 26, 2018, 08:01:10 am
Can we seriously not move on from the B.B. shots? Nobody cares about quirks if we’re winning. Every coach in America has quirks. Only thing that matters are the Ws.

Btw...just cuz something happened under his reign doesn’t make it a -gate. If you go by that criteria, then CCM has already had Red Bull-gate, Hammerdown-gate, and yoga-gate. Guarantee nobody will give a flying flip if any of these get odd if Ws are on the board.

Lighten up Francis  ;)

Go Hogs!

Sed76

Just hope Coach Morris doesn't become BFF's with Justin Moore and spend the night before a game partying then shat the bed against the likes of Toledo. Or get together with Bo Mattingly and decide to start a lame reality show.

Hoggish1

So you are looking for a gate of some kind? Nice job.

snoblind

Like fish in a barrel for Skandar.

In other news, can always tell when Twist has burned on and has the munchies.  Either starts a concession thread or finds a thread to start talking about food.

Not that there is anything wrong with either of those...

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: HogPharmer on January 26, 2018, 11:35:18 am
#RedBullgate

Redbull at halftime. Should make for a 3rd qtr surge and no more 2nd half meltdowns.  :)

OneTuskOverTheLine™

You can't tell everyone else to be serious and have such a nonchalant attitude... Tisk tisk...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: twistitup on January 26, 2018, 09:49:06 am
I hear ccm likes peanut butter and banana sammiches. Cramp reduction protein boost, the approval of Elvis, etc

Smalltownhog95

Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Karma on January 26, 2018, 10:13:46 am
If Morris doesn't win, Hogville will come up with an insulting nickname and generally make fun of everything he says or does. It's what Hogville does.

As opposed to the people who defend the coach-no matter what he does or says even as he is losing and running the program into the ground. If he's in his 5th year, they say: "everbidy knows it takes SIX years to turn a program around."

Then if he gets a 6th year they say: "We cain't fire the coach, the next 'un might be worse!"

It's not just like that on Hogville, that's the way most fan bases are these days. Even if he wins, some will want to focus more on the losses. Lincoln Riley went 12-2 in his first season as a HC at any level, but I guarantee you there are OUkies who want him fired for the 2 losses.. Just how it is.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

HoggieStyle

Jellygate and borderline erotic....before that, we got our piss hot....before that, lots of folks didn't like Petrino's manner and naughty language....before that....Hootie's circus.

I'm sure Morris will have something that will cause people consternation. I'm personally not a fan of the slogan motivation and hashtag Bravo Sierra that started on day one, but if that's as bad as it gets, then it's cool.

Put up or shut up. Just win.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on January 26, 2018, 12:34:24 pm
Here i was skimming through hoping no one had said redbullgate.

I'll tell you what I tell my wife.....

Sorry to disappoint you.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HogPharmer

Quote from: HoggieStyle on January 26, 2018, 01:51:08 pm
Jellygate and borderline erotic....before that, we got our piss hot....before that, lots of folks didn't like Petrino's manner and naughty language....before that....Hootie's circus.

I'm sure Morris will have something that will cause people consternation. I'm personally not a fan of the slogan motivation and hashtag Bravo Sierra that started on day one, but if that's as bad as it gets, then it's cool.

#BS #slogan #hashtag

The OTR

Quote from: nchogg on January 26, 2018, 08:03:16 am

I am sorry my thread, as innocent as it was, made you so huffy. 

Sure didn't need a controversy headed into pro bowl weekend.

Bacons Rebellion

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

davispard

Right there with ya!!!!!!!!!!!

BroyledNutts

#Fritopiegate

#FritoPieGate?

Twistitup's Hog Wild Frito Pie Truck ... sponsored by Frito Lay, Sargento Cheese, and [whatever chili you like] ...

Let me know when you're open ...

aloha_kid

Coach Morris seems pretty solid and grounded.  Hopefully he is more focused on football than buying cowboy boots in Chicago.

Skandar

He's from Texas, he knows you don't buy cowboy boots from Chicago ;)

Hog N Bama

Quote from: snoblind on January 26, 2018, 11:04:45 am
Like fish in a barrel for Skandar.

In other news, can always tell when Twist has burned on and has the munchies.  Either starts a concession thread or finds a thread to start talking about food.

Not that there is anything wrong with either of those...
That's funny

Hog N Bama

Quote from: HoggieStyle on January 26, 2018, 01:51:08 pm

Nope, it's more like Sit Up or Get Out ???

(notOM)Rebel123

January 27, 2018, 04:13:58 am #44 Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 04:51:41 am by (notOM)Rebel123
Quote from: BroyledNutts on January 26, 2018, 05:24:57 pm
Twistitup's Hog Wild Frito Pie Truck ... sponsored by Frito Lay, Sargento Cheese, and [whatever chili you like] ...

Let me know when you're open ...

If Twistitup ran the truck, we are in good shape. Considering the quality of our concessions, I'd be scared to try the Levy chili. #thunderdownunder
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

twistitup

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 27, 2018, 04:13:58 am

If Twistitup ran the truck, we are in good shape. Considering the quality of our concessions, I'd be scared to try the Levy chili. #thunderdownunder

Levy has a looonnng way to go before gaining the fans trust back....last season was a nightmare for everybody involved w concessions.

At this point Levy might be able to pull off a Frito Pie...

Levy staff: "but the chili won't be warm for another 45 minutes or so - it came in frozen....

Me: ...."but but it's halftime- in 45 minutes the game will be over...and I just waited in line for 30 min"

Levy staff: ..."nothin I can do about it hun, unless you want me to put some frozen chili on top of it"

Me...."ok, ok - just give me some of that Westrock - hot coffee will work"

Levy...."got another 10 minutes on that, but we do have some decaf ready"

Me...."just give me a knife so I can stab myself in the ******* temple "

LZH

Quote from: twistitup on January 27, 2018, 06:08:21 am
Levy has a looonnng way to go before gaining the fans trust back....last season was a nightmare for everybody involved w concessions.

At this point Levy might be able to pull off a Frito Pie...

Levy staff: "but the chili won't be warm for another 45 minutes or so - it came in frozen....

Me: ...."but but it's halftime- in 45 minutes the game will be over...and I just waited in line for 30 min"

Levy staff: ..."nothin I can do about it hun, unless you want me to put some frozen chili on top of it"

Me...."ok, ok - just give me some of that Westrock - hot coffee will work"

Levy...."got another 10 minutes on that, but we do have some decaf ready"

Me...."just give me a knife so I can stab myself in the ******* temple "

Ha!

nchogg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 26, 2018, 10:26:05 am
Wow this is a lighthearted troll thread by Skandar, which all of his threads are, and you come in and act butthurt.
You seem like the only one butt hurt. I admitted to a mistake and you want to criticize. Get over it.

nchogg

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 26, 2018, 02:34:24 pm
I am sorry my thread, as innocent as it was, made you so huffy. 

Sure didn't need a controversy headed into pro bowl weekend.
I am not huffy or pissed. Been away for a while and hoped things may have changed a little. My bad.

Al Boarland

When/if some losses pile up people will dig up all kinds of things to complain about.