Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4 wins now away from Bud Walton......

Started by traffordhog, January 23, 2018, 10:01:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

traffordhog

This team will get one or two more with four left.  I know some will say "true" road wins but the fact remains they have won four away from "home".

BigHog396

Quote from: traffordhog on January 23, 2018, 10:01:09 pm
This team will get one or two more with four left.  I know some will say "true" road wins but the fact remains they have won four away from "home".
I may be wrong... but I don't think there's a category for wins away from home for the NCAAT selection committee.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 23, 2018, 10:16:27 pm
I may be wrong... but I don't think there's a category for wins away from home for the NCAAT selection committee.
I think I may have got a word for you-"Neutral Court" vs a top 10 team.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

ShadowHawg

Neutral court much?

Rawker

Yes....there certainly is....and the committee accounts for it BIG time.  Why in the H*** do you think there used to be like 3 pre-season tournaments, and now there are more of those than there are teams?

razorback1829

Not the brightest post..

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Rawker on January 23, 2018, 10:51:26 pm
Yes....there certainly is....and the committee accounts for it BIG time.  Why in the H*** do you think there used to be like 3 pre-season tournaments, and now there are more of those than there are teams?
I agree a good win on the road but how good will be determined by how well Ga. does the rest of the way.  Right now I do not see Ga. getting into the  NCAAT and if they fade down to 6-12 in the SEC and around 150 nationally this win will not help us much.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 23, 2018, 11:02:46 pm
I agree a good win on the road but how good will be determined by how well Ga. does the rest of the way.  Right now I do not see Ga. getting into the  NCAAT and if they fade down to 6-12 in the SEC and around 150 nationally this win will not help us much.
no SEC team is going to be in the SEC at the end of the season. Too many high SEC RPI teams
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: traffordhog on January 23, 2018, 10:01:09 pm

That Troy win in NLR was impressive.  We've had some struggles there. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

razorback1829

GA already has 4 top 50 RPI wins. They've won some games already. It will prove a great win down the road.

niels_boar

Fortunately the committee knows that a top-75 road win is statistically as good as a top-30 home win even if all the tools on Jump Ball can only complain that we didn't win impressively enough.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.