Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Amazing

Started by hawgfan4life, January 23, 2018, 09:59:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan4life

We win a tough game in 2 OT after a tough win at home.  Seems like more fans complain about Forrest City Joe because he likes the coach too much and doesn't post crap when we lose.  Complain about our offense or lack of quality offense, yet we are in the top of conference standings in offense.  Complain about the coaching, yet MA is one of the most successful coaches in the SEC.  Are critical of our own players constantly, and they are our players.  Recruited and signed legitimate without shoe and booster money.  I guarantee most don't hold themselves to the high standards they hold our coach, team, and players to.  Must be a lot of sad lives.

Razorback_Mack

Post of the young year by far.

traffordhog

Yes sir, you are in the money!

razorback1829

+1 sir. Right on point.

Hollywood_HOGan45

This board is unreadable when we lose AND win.

HogNiner12

Quote from: hawgfan4life on January 23, 2018, 09:59:47 pm
We win a tough game in 2 OT after a tough win at home.  Seems like more fans complain about Forrest City Joe because he likes the coach too much and doesn't post crap when we lose.  Complain about our offense or lack of quality offense, yet we are in the top of conference standings in offense.  Complain about the coaching, yet MA is one of the most successful coaches in the SEC.  Are critical of our own players constantly, and they are our players.  Recruited and signed legitimate without shoe and booster money.  I guarantee most don't hold themselves to the high standards they hold our coach, team, and players to.  Must be a lot of sad lives.
Our win tonight had nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with the players. They bailed MA out tonight!! I am not a MA hater but that had zero to do with coaching I give it an F minus that was all heart from the players!!

IronMountainHog

When we lose, all the dicks on here start a thread about FCJ and where is he at? I appreciate his enthusiasm, keep it up Joe.

CapitalCityHawg

Quote from: HogNiner12 on January 23, 2018, 10:11:01 pm
Our win tonight had nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with the players. They bailed MA out tonight!! I am not a MA hater but that had zero to do with coaching I give it an F minus that was all heart from the players!!

So you give Mike credit for recruiting good players?

Hog Fan...DOH!

You don't get the show.

JtBrash

Agree. All the talk of fire Mike is just a tad premature. I'm not saying he is Krzyzewski, but pump the brakes. I like him best of all the coaches post Nolan, by far. Good win today

blu

Great win tonight - Go Hogs!!!!!
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

HogNiner12

Quote from: CapitalCityHawg on January 23, 2018, 10:13:12 pm
I'll give him credit for recruiting his style of players, all I'm saying is you can't survive every game by letting the shot clock wind down and throw up prayers! Our guards need to do a better job of driving and dishing

PORKULATOR

Word
And that's "Wordesh" for you Amish types 😂
And that's a +1 for the OP
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

CapitalCityHawg

Quote from: HogNiner12 on January 23, 2018, 10:18:15 pm
I'll give him credit for recruiting his style of players, all I'm saying is you can't survive every game by letting the shot clock wind down and throw up prayers! Our guards need to do a better job of driving and dishing

I hear you but I'll take the outcome. Georgia was jamming the lane and forced us to take the outside shot. Glad we had Macon to knock them down.

HogNiner12

Quote from: CapitalCityHawg on January 23, 2018, 10:23:42 pm
I hear you but I'll take the outcome. Georgia was jamming the lane and forced us to take the outside shot. Glad we had Macon to knock them down.
I agree with you 100% , we just can't expect that every road game

greenEGnHAWGS

So MA has a style...which he recruited to fit. Those players he recruited that are fit for his style are at the top of the league in offense...buuuut...MA gets no credit cuz they don't fit your idea of how the offense should be run. Did I get that right?

Yes. I wouldn't mind seeing more interior passing, but I'm not going to fuss at MA and say he deserves zero credit for wins in tough games like tonight when he is the orchestrator of how this team plays.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

k.c.hawg

Macon and Barford are 40% and 45% from 3 which isn't exactly throwing up prayers. That is who we are, what we do. When teams spread the floor and try to jump our shooters we attack the basket, Barford makes acrobatic shots at the rim and Macon goes to the line 10 times. Georgia was creating a ton of traffic in the lane.....we actually did penetrate many times, Barford blocked at 6' with 11 seconds left, penetration and kick to a wide open Thompson who missed from 12, penetration and a make by Beard only to questionably call shot clock violation, penetration, shot and one for Beard late, a post up by Barford from the low block, Thompson an up and under. I sometimes wonder if people watch the game objectively or just let their mindset dictate what they are seeing. After a 3/17 start we finished the game 26/43 from the field. That is 60 f'ng % and it wasn't all 3's. Yes we made a lot of late in the clock 3's.....but watch the whole game and really try to absorb what is really going on.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

hawgfan4life

Just skimmed the board today, and it may be worse than last night with some of the threads and posts.  Simply amazing.  I swear some people would complain to the Lord that he didn't die on the cross correctly for them. 

raz1965

Glad some posters finally realize players win games, ever game be it Arkansas or Duke. Coaches coach players win. Fact.

GuvHog

Wrong. The Hogs were down big in the first half and the thing that allowed the Hogs to come back was Mike switching the team from a man on man to a Match Up Zone defense. Georgia had problems in adjusting to it and that allowed the Hogs to cut the Dogs lead down to 5 at the half, then eventually win it in double overtime.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hawgball40

Quote from: hawgfan4life on January 24, 2018, 02:21:45 pm
Just skimmed the board today, and it may be worse than last night with some of the threads and posts.  Simply amazing.  I swear some people would complain to the Lord that he didn't die on the cross correctly for them.
man you got some serious hurt feelings. arkansas fans have a right to be very concerned about the direction of our program.

chiti66

chiti66

+1000!

phadedhawg

I agree the we are very hot and cold as a forum.  Last night was an exciting win.  It was a critical win for sure.  However, there were some issues on the court last night.  It wasn't a great effort in the first half.  Georgia presented a unique challenge inside.  We had trouble adapting but we did. 

I can usually find something to work on after any game...doesn't mean I appreciate the win any less. 

East TN HAWG

Quote from: phadedhawg on January 24, 2018, 03:30:31 pm
I agree the we are very hot and cold as a forum.  Last night was an exciting win.  It was a critical win for sure.  However, there were some issues on the court last night.  It wasn't a great effort in the first half.  Georgia presented a unique challenge inside.  We had trouble adapting but we did. 

I can usually find something to work on after any game...doesn't mean I appreciate the win any less. 
This is it.  We won and it was a  big.  But there was a lot to learn from in this game.  Even when you have positive outcomes, you should still analysis the good and bad to get better. 

Saying"Amazing" because folks point out issues that need to be corrected is ridiculous.

Kevin McPherson

PharmacistHog

Quote from: JtBrash on January 23, 2018, 10:15:20 pm
Agree. All the talk of fire Mike is just a tad premature. I'm not saying he is Krzyzewski, but pump the brakes. I like him best of all the coaches post Nolan, by far.

Thats like saying I like my '02 taurus  better than the '92 geo or '83 corolla.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

hogfanny

Just a good indication of how many people care enough about the program to give opinions. Optimists and pessimists both care a lot, they just have a different way of expressing themselves. If nobody gave a hoot, there would be no Hogville. If you read enough you will agree with some comments and others not so much. Personally I tend to read what I agree with,  and ignore the rest.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: hogfanny on January 24, 2018, 05:19:01 pm
Just a good indication of how many people care enough about the program to give opinions. Optimists and pessimists both care a lot, they just have a different way of expressing themselves. If nobody gave a hoot, there would be no Hogville. If you read enough you will agree with some comments and others not so much. Personally I tend to read what I agree with,  and ignore the rest.

Great perspective +1

younghog

Quote from: CapitalCityHawg on January 23, 2018, 10:13:12 pm

We all should.. Again its odd that we Can't root for players that did what we asked them to do.. ~So it seems
GO HOGS

Boardon Hamsay

Jump Ball is a ditch to ditch operation. When you visit Jump Ball, you can expect one of two themes. When one theme has the momentum, the other is an endangered species. Then it flips and the previously prevailing theme goes into hibernation at best, and the other picks up significant tailwinds. Just when you think one is here to stay, it flips again. I'm not going to bother describing the two themes. That part is really just semantics.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on January 24, 2018, 05:32:18 pm
Jump Ball is a ditch to ditch operation. When you visit Jump Ball, you can expect one of two themes. When one theme has the momentum, the other is an endangered species. Then it flips and the previously prevailing theme goes into hibernation at best, and the other picks up significant tailwinds. Just when you think one is here to stay, it flips again. I'm not going to bother describing the two themes. That part is really just semantics.

You damn hater.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

MavND1973

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 24, 2018, 05:18:44 pm

+1

This is a concept few tend to grasp. Few, if any hate MA, they just think the program needs to take another step. This step seems to be alluding MA. I hope I'm wrong. I hope we make a run. However, empirical evidence leads one to believe we won't. I don't want another coaching search. I do want to win and win on a consistent basis.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 24, 2018, 05:33:55 pm
You damn hater.

Reported to Joe the Police Officer from the "What's Goin' Down" episode of "That's My Mama".
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

Who is the coaching equivalent of an '88 Fiero?

PORKULATOR

amen!
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on January 24, 2018, 05:48:47 pm
Who is the coaching equivalent of an '88 Fiero?
Heath...
I think of CMA as like a 94'Supra. A 94' Supra that's just ran over a Galldam Bear.

JHGiunta

Quote from: GuvHog on January 24, 2018, 03:15:01 pm
Wrong. The Hogs were down big in the first half and the thing that allowed the Hogs to come back was Mike switching the team from a man on man to a Match Up Zone defense. Georgia had problems in adjusting to it and that allowed the Hogs to cut the Dogs lead down to 5 at the half, then eventually win it in double overtime.

Saw that switch to the zone and it worked beautifully. I actually think we should use it more often.

thebignasty

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on January 23, 2018, 10:09:31 pm
This board is unreadable when we lose AND win.

Significant number on the board more invested in who the coach is than Ws and Ls- coming at it from both directions.

thebignasty

Well, you would be danged thankful for the 02 taurus if you had just spent 15 years in the 83 corolla, too.

hawgball40

Quote from: thebignasty on January 24, 2018, 06:08:09 pm
Well, you would be danged thankful for the 02 taurus if you had just spent 15 years in the 83 corolla, too.
the ford taurus was quite a dependable vehicle. my mom drove one for years, never a single a problem.