Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mississippi State vs Kentucky and the refs

Started by HogFansReunited, January 23, 2018, 09:34:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFansReunited

Somehow Miss St is winning right now but man the refs are doing everything they can to give Kentucky the game.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

snoot hoggy hog

Instead of coaching his team up Cal spent this past week complaining about Coach K kicking his arse on the recruiting trail.

Dominicanhog

PonderinHog

Dominicanhog

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on January 23, 2018, 09:41:57 pm
Instead of coaching his team up Cal spent this past week complaining about Coach K kicking his arse on the recruiting trail.

Cal whines more than my two year old

Rawker

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on January 23, 2018, 10:23:59 pm
Cal whines more than my two year old

And usually craps on his own players more than a politician does to his opponent.

jvanhorn

I am beginning to come around to the idea that, taken as a whole, Bill Self may be the best active coach in college basketball.  I realize that is a subjective opinion but I think if I had to win one game I would probably pick him to coach it.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: jvanhorn on January 23, 2018, 10:50:29 pm
I am beginning to come around to the idea that, taken as a whole, Bill Self may be the best active coach in college basketball.  I realize that is a subjective opinion but I think if I had to win one game I would probably pick him to coach it.

He is good until he gets to the tournament.  Mike from duke is by far in my opinion the best coach in college basketball right now
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 24, 2018, 05:29:52 pm
He is good until he gets to the tournament.  Mike from duke is by far in my opinion the best coach in college basketball right now

and not even close...

razorhead94

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 24, 2018, 05:29:52 pm

But even he has struggled once he gets to the tournament.  I'll take Tom Izzo in this scenario all day when pressure is on the line.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

hogfanny

hogsanity

Once they get to the tournament it is all about matchups for them just like anyone else. The coaches mentioned just usually have better horses to run once they get there.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HiggiePiggy

The thing about Kansas is they underachieve most years.  Almost every year they are a 1,2, or 3 seed. 

Bill self has been at Kansas 14 years.

National Championship 2 times winning 1. 
Elite 8  5 times.
Sweet 16   2 times.
Round of 32   3 times.
Round of 64   2 times.

Now yes he has done a pretty good job and is a really good coach.  But comparing him to many of the current coaches today he ranks probably 4th or 5th.

I don't like Calipari, but he has been more successful in his short time at Kentucky than Self at Kansas. 

HiggiePiggy

Also it really makes me wonder just how strong a conference is when one team wins it every single year for almost 15 years.  13 in a row.  Yes there is 4 years where they tied for 1st.  Heck that is pretty amazing.