Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brooke Weisbrod

Started by hawg1221, January 23, 2018, 06:57:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawg1221

I personally think she's one of the best female announcers of basketball I've ever heard.

BannerMountainMan

She personally made them show a replay of a play she thought was a moving screen on Arkansas
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HawgHeadCheese

hawg1221

At first I questioned some of her statements in my head, but when you listen to her through the entire game, she was really not that bad.

hobhog

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 23, 2018, 07:08:58 pm
At first I questioned some of her statements in my head, but when you listen to her through the entire game, she was really not that bad.

She can't figure out what offense we run, that's for sure.

Smalltownhog95

Quote from: hobhog on January 23, 2018, 07:29:15 pm
Give whoever can figure that out a raise.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jkstock04

She was actually pretty good...not annoying to listen to.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 23, 2018, 06:57:17 pm
I personally think she's one of the best female announcers of basketball I've ever heard.

They all stink and she may be the worst.

HawgsPolo

I liked her hair and red lipstick
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

She was better than. Death Mowins. (Not a typo, it's how her voice makes me feel)
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on January 23, 2018, 07:00:03 pm
Disagree she's a woman
Corrected that for you.

I thought she was good.

Breems

She's concerned for the well-being of our guards and the lack of meaningful screens they get.

+1
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

RzRbAcK18

I thought she was good. At least she didn't keep saying we went to OT with Ole Miss on Saturday.  ???

Hawg Red

This thread sure didn't contain predictable replies...

zebradynasty

If we can listen to Bill Walton...this woman sounded like like John Wooden! She did a good job.

LRHawg

HogFansReunited

Quote from: zebradynasty on January 23, 2018, 08:20:11 pm
If we can listen to Bill Walton...this woman sounded like like John Wooden! She did a good job.
Damn you, I almost blocked him out of my memory.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

ShadowHawg

She doesn't fathom how athleticism and size affects the men's game.

She whined about Barford taking a step back jumper on the baseline, saying he should have gone all the way to the hole.......where Maten and Claxton where literally waiting. Unless you can dunk over them, you don't "attack" two 6'10" guys at the basket from the baseline.

Her complaining about high ball screens was stupid. I guess she missed all illegal screen calls being made against us. Yes let's get physical on those picks late in a very tight road game. BRILLIANT!

elksnort

userpick

elksnort

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 23, 2018, 08:25:18 pm

She whined about Barford taking a step back jumper on the baseline, saying he should have gone all the way to the hole.......where Maten and Claxton where literally waiting. Unless you can dunk over them, you don't "attack" two 6'10" guys at the basket from the baseline.

Her complaining about high ball screens was stupid. I guess she missed all illegal screen calls being made against us. Yes let's get physical on those picks late in a very tight road game. BRILLIANT!
I think she's fine. I disagree with you, but at least you give some reasons why you don't care for her color work.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: elksnort on January 23, 2018, 08:28:24 pm
I think she's fine. I disagree with you, but at least you give some reasons why you don't care for her color work.

I appreciate your remarks. Nothing wrong with not agreeing, and thanks for doing so respectfully.

hobhog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 23, 2018, 07:54:08 pm

Obviously Underlying issues here...

Cmheinley

I laughed out loud when she said something to the effect of 10 Big 10 teams are likely to make it to the tournament. The dude announcer basically said to quit being ridiculous and stop making sheet up.

k.c.hawg

January 23, 2018, 10:31:29 pm #27 Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 11:01:12 pm by k.c.hawg
##
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hobhog on January 23, 2018, 09:46:39 pm
Obviously Underlying issues here...

The person doing color commentary needs to have either coached or played the game with this level of athleticism to provide meaningful analysis. Find a woman who has coached or played men's basketball and I wouldn't care.

She says some idiotic stuff because she has no idea about just how big, strong, fast, and skilled these players are. A lot of her criticism is based in this lack of experience.

I am not a PC castrated snowflake. Those are my issues.

Rawker

Quote from: zebradynasty on January 23, 2018, 08:20:11 pm

But we CAN'T listen to Bill Walton.  NO one can.

pork in the whiskers

I would much prefer her designing  a play after calling a timeout over Mick!

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

BadHog

Quote from: hobhog on January 23, 2018, 07:29:15 pm

She understands that the motion offense relies heavily on strategically and efficiently set screens which we fail to execute at times.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

BadHog

Quote from: RzRbAcK18 on January 23, 2018, 08:18:08 pm
I thought she was good. At least she didn't keep saying we went to OT with Ole Miss on Saturday.  ???

Thought for a second I missed part of the game!  ;D ;)
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

elksnort

Dear goodness.

This woman was and is an athlete.

Google

hogsanity

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 23, 2018, 10:39:06 pm
The person doing color commentary needs to have either coached or played the game with this level of athleticism to provide meaningful analysis. Find a woman who has coached or played men's basketball and I wouldn't care.

She says some idiotic stuff because she has no idea about just how big, strong, fast, and skilled these players are. A lot of her criticism is based in this lack of experience.

You're right, you're not PC.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

southarkhog06

Quote from: elksnort on January 23, 2018, 11:05:31 pm
Dear goodness.

This woman was and is an athlete.

Google
She is skrong

AlmaHog2011

I thought she did fine. No problem and she's right we don't set good screens. Just as important our guards don't really use screens. Macon and Barford are more one on one players who have no interest in screens. Part of it anyways.

OrvilleRedenporker

PharmacistHog

I guess most of you would prefer sunshine Rick who wouldnt criticize ANYTHING the hogs did............ever.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

AirWarren

She was much better this time than the last time.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 23, 2018, 07:54:08 pm
a.little chauvinism there Shadow.... You afraid of women?
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

JRHoward

She sounds like a knowledgeable person.  Much better than some of the guys we have listened to.  Go Hogs!
Woooo Pig!

Jackrabbit Hog

She's no Doris Burke.

Hubba hubba!!
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

SPAL

I mute it and sync the TV with the radio so Chuck is calling the game. I rarely listen to the ESPN guys.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: Karma on January 23, 2018, 08:11:42 pm
Corrected that for you.

I thought she was good looking.
I corrected that for you. Most of the SEC analyst suck to me. Might as well bring back Manny. I wasn't impressed.

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

jkstock04

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 23, 2018, 10:39:06 pm

I'm closer to your attitude when it comes to football...but basketball? It's not out of the question that a woman can know basketball.

BTW quick search looks like she played in college and won a few awards so simply because of that she probably isn't completely brain dead when it comes to basketball.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Cmheinley on January 23, 2018, 10:25:34 pm
I laughed out loud when she said something to the effect of 10 Big 10 teams are likely to make it to the tournament. The dude announcer basically said to quit being ridiculous and stop making sheet up.

Go back and listen to what she said. She said the Big 12 could get 10 teams. The dude announcer made his comment because the Big 12 has 10 teams and that in itself is ridiculous, not her comment about the number of teams that could get in.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 23, 2018, 08:25:18 pm

She wasn't really wrong lol. We are usually pretty sloppy in setting up our man and coming off a good high ball screen. Also, she's right about our bigs just standing there and taking up space. There's no meaningful roll or flare off the screen. A good pick is not about "getting physical," there won't be a worry for illegal screens with solid technique.