Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Absolutely unacceptable

Started by pigroots, January 10, 2018, 09:06:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigroots

I have never said a word disparaging Anderson and the Hogs ..until now. This is garbage! This was a home game after 2 disappointing road losses. Big crowd...playing a team expected to finish lower part of the league...and this is what we get? Ok we shot poorly...Is that because we don't run offense? If so then the defense needs to pick it up. ....They shoot 55% in the 1st half and out rebound us. We force 5 turnovers. All that says to me is no effort and energy. This might be the most disappointing game I've watched in 35 years of Razorback basketball. These are mostly seniors with potentially 3 guys who can play at the next level. One word for this crap.....Unacceptable. Something needs to change one way or another

arslp

My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

Letsroll1200

For the first time I questioned can Mike get it done. If you can't get up for this game something is wrong.

Athog

Quote from: pigroots on January 10, 2018, 09:06:00 pm
I have never said a word disparaging Anderson and the Hogs ..until now. This is garbage! This was a home game after 2 disappointing road losses. Big crowd...playing a team expected to finish lower part of the league...and this is what we get? Ok we shot poorly...Is that because we don't run offense? If so then the defense needs to pick it up. ....They shoot 55% in the 1st half and out rebound us. We force 5 turnovers. All that says to me is no effort and energy. This might be the most disappointing game I've watched in 35 years of Razorback basketball. These are mostly seniors with potentially 3 guys who can play at the next level. One word for this crap.....Unacceptable. Something needs to change one way or another

Agree!!

solitons

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 10, 2018, 09:11:35 pm
For the first time I questioned can Mike get it done. If you can't get up for this game something is wrong.
Our new AD will take care of it

hawgrunner

I hear they're giving away free tickets to home games now.

pigroots

Quote from: arslp on January 10, 2018, 09:10:24 pm
And this is 7 years in
Agreed there is no excuse or rationale for this kind of performance. It is on Anderson but it is also on the seniors to allow that lack of effort on the floor

solitons

The OTR

Your buddy Joe hasn't given up on him. 

Fair weather fan.

HogBreath

Hey..hey..hey...y'all just need to settle down now, no more of this negative Coach Mike talk now ya hear? 

We're lucky to have such a great coach. 

He just needs a little more time to get things straightened out.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HogBreath

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 10, 2018, 09:18:26 pm
Your buddy Joe hasn't given up on him. 

Fair weather fan.
FCJ needs to give Let's Roll a good talking to.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Old Boar

Really perplexed by what I'm seeing displayed. Lack of movement & effort like they are physically tired. This is the worst home game effort I can recall seeing. Hit the mute button & really thought about hitting the OFF button. I jail to understand.

Old Boar

Really perplexed by what I'm seeing displayed. Lack of movement & effort like they are physically tired. This is the worst home game effort I can recall seeing. Hit the mute button & really thought about hitting the OFF button. I fail to understand.

razorpimp

This is what we get for 2.5MM per year!!! 

pigroots

Quote from: Old Boar on January 10, 2018, 09:25:54 pm
Really perplexed by what I'm seeing displayed. Lack of movement & effort like they are physically tired. This is the worst home game effort I can recall seeing. Hit the mute button & really thought about hitting the OFF button. I jail to understand.
I turned it off. Just raises the blood pressure watching 28% shooting because we can't run a set play. Hard to be a fan of this getting blown out at home by a lesser team

TigerHog93

Tried to explain why this uptempo quick shot offense is terrible in another thread, but I was told I didn't understand what MA was trying to do. He isn't a good coach period

Tony Perkis

What in the hell happened? Did the aliens from Space Jam come and take our talents after the Tennessee game?

code red

This is BS....TOTAL BS!!!!  WE ARE THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE NCAA.  WHAT THE FRICK ARE WE DOING ON THE DEFENSIVE END?  SERIOUSLY!
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

010HogFan

I've been a Mike defender, but the shine just took a major hit. We are seeing what a good point guard and actually running an offense can do first hand.

rupert

Cannot compete against a team with a good coach  (even a first year coach)

arkfan81

Quote from: code red on January 10, 2018, 09:43:13 pm
This is BS....TOTAL BS!!!!  WE ARE THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE NCAA.  WHAT THE FRICK ARE WE DOING ON THE DEFENSIVE END?  SERIOUSLY!

We're being beat by freshman point guard..
Have faith...

code red

Quote from: Tony Perkis on January 10, 2018, 09:42:01 pm
What in the hell happened? Did the aliens from Space Jam come and take our talents after the Tennessee game?
lol we should be 0-4.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Letsroll1200

Quote from: HogBreath on January 10, 2018, 09:19:20 pm
Hey..hey..hey...y'all just need to settle down now, no more of this negative Coach Mike talk now ya hear? 

We're lucky to have such a great coach. 

He just needs a little more time to get things straightened out.

He's still a great coach.

arkfan81

Have faith...

AirWarren

pigroots

If our great coach can't put this team in the NCAA tournament this year I'm ready for a change. This is ridiculous to watch and we're 7 years into his tenure. No excuses any longer...it's time for results

code red

Quote from: pigroots on January 10, 2018, 09:51:10 pm
If our great coach can't put this team in the NCAA tournament this year I'm ready for a change. This is ridiculous to watch and we're 7 years into his tenure. No excuses any longer...it's time for results

No excuse for being unprepared.....and for the last 3 years we have been unprepared.

Kevin

Quote from: solitons on January 10, 2018, 09:14:27 pm
another big coach searching

You u offer Gregg Marshall whatever he wants
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Letsroll1200

Quote from: pigroots on January 10, 2018, 09:51:10 pm

They will be in the tournament. There's two selfish players on this team. 2 of them are starting from Little Rock.

GoHogs1091

This is what happens when you basically only have a 3 player team (Barford, Macon, and Gafford).

Also, the head coaching in the rest of the SEC has improved.  Our head coaching hasn't improved.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: TigerHog93 on January 10, 2018, 09:39:46 pm
Tried to explain why this uptempo quick shot offense is terrible in another thread, but I was told I didn't understand what MA was trying to do. He isn't a good coach period
Most know this

WMHawgfan

We are fortunate to have the one conference win we have. We have regressed with each game.

arkfan81

Quote from: tncbg on January 10, 2018, 09:51:48 pm
This is simple. They have better players. Their point guard has made fools of our senior slew footed guards. D-2 Beard is too slow to guard any of the points in the league. So hard to be an Arkansas fan.

Disagree, they run offense.

We have talent to compete.
Have faith...

pigroots

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 10, 2018, 09:55:20 pm
This is what happens when you basically only have a 3 player team (Barford, Macon, and Gafford).

Also, the head coaching in the rest of the SEC has improved.  Our head coaching hasn't improved.
With 3 potential next level players we should be much better than this. It's time CMA realizes "to whom much is given much is expected". Hog fans have been very tolerant with mediocrity for quite a while with him but we are vastly underachieving this many years into his tenure. There are a lot of coaches making much less who are producing a much better product on the floor. Time for him to step up and own the program and its results

Paul

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 10, 2018, 09:55:20 pm

the last 3 losses are not on the kids. It's MA's job to teach them to play as a team. If they don't he needs to sit them. That's why he's been  paid 2.5 million dollars for the last 7 years!!!

GA reddiehog

I have been saying for past three years CMA needs to go.  He is a good guy but he can't coach and he has completely lost the team.  We have seen this in football and it finally got addressed.  I hope the new AD has the grit to handle this.

Paul

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 10, 2018, 09:53:08 pm
They will be in the tournament. There's two selfish players on this team. 2 of them are starting from Little Rock.
the message above was meant for this post. Can't blame the kids. It's Mike's job to teach them or bench them

Granny fan

He has lost this team.  Time for him to go.

Letsroll1200

There is some problems in the locker room. That's all I go to say. Its starting to show up on the floor. This team don't like each other. They don't.

razCzar

Quote from: pigroots on January 10, 2018, 09:06:00 pm
Totally agree.

rude1

This is vintage CMA roller coaster basketball. Can look to be one of the nations best, and another given night, the nations worst. Just hard to imagine the ceiling being any higher than what we have already seen.

Pancetta

Why can't we run a pick and roll at all?  I can see Gafford rollung but the guards freeze the ball and dribble the air out of it.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Hollywood_HOGan45

I thought this year was it but three straight ugly losses isn't a good sign.

If he cannot get it done with this crew, it's not ever happening. Sick of changing coaches but we need a spark. Turn it around or get out so someone else can attempt to wake the giant.

Beaverfever

it's second week of the tourney or bust this year IMO.  Unfortunately Mike doesn't have much prior success to fall back on.  If he doesn't win this year there's no reason to think he ever will.  It's year seven and we're packing the Bud to watch a team with four senior starters.  We've carried out our end of the bargain and it's time for mike to deliver.  It's put up or shut up time. 

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: razorpimp on January 10, 2018, 09:32:40 pm
This is what we get for 2.5MM per year!!! 
He should be paid in cash - specifically some of that funny money his players were printing up.

hawginbigd1

SEC now, Barford and Macon on there calling themselves the best backcourt in the country. They were not the best backcourt in Arkansas tonight!

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 10, 2018, 10:10:23 pm
There is some problems in the locker room. That's all I go to say. Its starting to show up on the floor. This team don't like each other. They don't.

From what I've seen from the last 3 games, it seems there's two players trying to make NBA scout reel highlights, and 4 other guys wondering what their role is when they're on the court ...

hobhog

Stan Heath rumors same thing back in day....

We all know what'w comin

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 10, 2018, 11:16:55 pm
SEC now, Barford and Macon on there calling themselves the best backcourt in the country. They were not the best backcourt in Arkansas tonight!

Yeahhh...and that wasn't the best timing in the SEC Network broadcast history.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork