Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best guess

Started by Granny fan, January 10, 2018, 06:27:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Granny fan

For starting quarterback next fall??  Could is possibly be a true freshman?

texas tush hog

Quote from: Granny fan on January 10, 2018, 06:27:29 pm

John Stephen Jones, maybe?

AlmaHog2011

Dalton Hyatt might surprise.

PorkSoda

I'm going with Kelley.

he was very raw last year, but I think he has the competitive fire to go with his size.

got to be able to run the QB "sneak" in short yardage situations.

He can do it like few others.

should be a good spring though.  will be nice to get a fresh take on the QB's we have on campus.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

WOOPIGDOOIE

WaltonCollege

OC said CK needs to drop about 15lbs, he does that and we are gravy, CK played in this style offense in HS, he is a competitor, team plays hard for this dude when he's in that was evident last year.  I go with CK.

bphi11ips

Joe Craddock said today there will be a QB battle. He said the winner will not be a system QB but the one who can win the most games for the team. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Al Boarland

Need to bring in a JUCO or transfer to boost competition.

LRrazorback

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 10, 2018, 06:54:22 pm

Heard a couple receivers really liked him and think he could be the man

ADavisTheGOAT

CK needs to lose 20-30 lbs.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Pudgepork

Johnny Gibson is coming into spring at 320 lbs and play qb.  They gonna play Squashmouth HammerDown football

Hogindasticks

I honestly think this is going to be the starter......this kid was spot on in spring.

GuvHog

January 10, 2018, 08:35:47 pm #12 Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:56:30 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on January 10, 2018, 07:35:23 pm
CK needs to lose 20-30 lbs.

At 6'7" if he gets any lighter than 250, he'll look like a human toothpick.

Regardless, I believe he'll be the starter.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hawgphat

Hogindasticks

Quote from: GuvHog on January 10, 2018, 08:35:47 pm
At 6'7" if he gets any lighter than 250, he'll look like a human toothpick.

I think Coach B was stuck on size alone.......from what I saw from him...Size trumped Talent/Speed with him

jgphillips3

It will not be a true freshman.  I'd lay strong odds that Cole wins the job but Daulton has a very good skill set and might steal it.  I see no way that Ty or Conner will start.  True freshmen are just not ready game one of their freshman year except in very, very rare circumstances.

IronHog

95% Kelley will be the starter
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

jackflash

I am going with Kelly no1 Hyatt 2

ballz2thewall

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 10, 2018, 06:57:48 pm
I'm going with Kelley.

he was very raw last year, but I think he has the competitive fire to go with his size.

got to be able to run the QB "sneak" in short yardage situations.

He can do it like few others.

should be a good spring though.  will be nice to get a fresh take on the QB's we have on campus.

unless someone really rises high and consistently i'd say your right. kelly has a fighters will. he'll go for it.
The rest of the frog.

redhogchilipepper

Fresh slate for everyone. I wouldn't be surprised by a freshman starting. No favoritism is what I hope too see. The one that can do it all isn't on campus.

Flrazrback

At least we have players that have legit talent for QB. We haven't been so gifted in the past.

GuvHog

Quote from: redhogchilipepper on January 10, 2018, 09:37:31 pm
Fresh slate for everyone. I wouldn’t be surprised by a freshman starting. No favoritism is what I hope too see. The one that can do it all isn’t on campus.

Well I would be surprised if a true freshman starts. Unless the Freshman QB is an Elite 5 star player, starting a true freshman at QB is a recipe for disaster.

Arkansas won't have a 5 star Elite true freshman QB.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

nwahogfan1

Definitely Kelly's job to lose but they want him to lose 20 lbs and to really buy into the S&C program so he will be quicker and more flexible.  If he does that then I think he will come out of spring #1.  But if not then I can see a change. 

Pig in the Pokey

my guess is Daulton Hyatt, Espn top 150 player, 4*, faster than Cole Kelly and higher rated. He's a red shirt freshman next year and he's gonna fit this scheme perfectly.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: IronHog on January 10, 2018, 09:25:10 pm
95% Kelley will be the starter
based on what exactly? 4 games under a totally different scheme? Hyatt was #148 in the nation, 4*, top 10 QB. Kelly was a lower 4*, #180 in his region. Neither have spread college experience. Gotta call that a dead heat at best.
http://insider.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/evaluation/_/id/208161/daulton-hyatt
http://insider.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/evaluation/_/id/208405/cole-kelley
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: GuvHog on January 10, 2018, 09:53:59 pm
Well I would be surprised if a true freshman starts. Unless the Freshman QB is an Elite 5 star player, starting a true freshman at QB is a recipe for disaster.

lol. c'mon guv. all our QB's were rated higher than Jalen Hurts, who won Freshman of the year and ran the table in the SEC last year. Ty story and cole kelly were both *0, like Jalen. Hyatt is 82.
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/180817/jalen-hurts

010HogFan

After rewatching Hyatt's highlights, he's gotta be the guy. Absolute stud

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 10, 2018, 07:12:24 pm
Joe Craddock said today there will be a QB battle. He said the winner will not be a system QB but the one who can win the most games for the team. 

That's really all anyone can ask.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 10, 2018, 11:31:25 pm
based on what exactly? 4 games under a totally different scheme? Hyatt was #148 in the nation, 4*, top 10 QB. Kelly was a lower 4*, #180 in his region. Neither have spread college experience. Gotta call that a dead heat at best.
http://insider.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/evaluation/_/id/208161/daulton-hyatt
http://insider.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/evaluation/_/id/208405/cole-kelley

At first I thought you said neither had spread experience. It's going to be a great competition, but I don't think Ty Story is gonna lie down either. It will be fun to watch develop...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

OneTuskOverTheLine™

SooieGeneris

Quote from: GuvHog on January 10, 2018, 09:53:59 pm

Even most of the 5 star kids who start as freshmen have to be handled very carefully. UGA didn't ask Eason to do much last year but hand off to Michel and Chubb, same thing with Fromm until the back half of the season.

Agreed, it won't be a freshman. After spring ball we should have a good idea and if the staff was to bring in a grad transfer this summer, that would be a red flag. Kelley should be fine if he loses the poundage. This offense will not be run by a guy a biscuit short of 270. If Kelley doesn't shed the weight, maybe Hyatt.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Pork Twain

Quote from: Granny fan on January 10, 2018, 06:27:29 pm
No matter who it is, Hogville will be calling for the #2 guy to get more snaps.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 11, 2018, 01:36:29 am
Da Troof..!

rzrbk4life

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 11, 2018, 01:36:29 am

This right here
Let's call those hogs!!!!

IronHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 10, 2018, 11:30:22 pm
my guess is Daulton Hyatt, Espn top 150 player, 4*, faster than Cole Kelly and higher rated. He's a red shirt freshman next year and he's gonna fit this scheme perfectly.

CM is gonna wanna run some zone option stuff.

You think a 6-4 190lbs drop back QB is gonna hold up to much of that?

Kelley is the probable starter..... and not really close
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 10, 2018, 09:10:01 pm
It will not be a true freshman.  I'd lay strong odds that Cole wins the job but Daulton has a very good skill set and might steal it.  I see no way that Ty or Conner will start.  True freshmen are just not ready game one of their freshman year except in very, very rare circumstances.
Alabama just won the national championship with true freshmen leading the team in passing, rushing, and receiving. Thinking that true freshmen are ready to play is an antiquated way of thinking. If we ever want to be relevant we have to catch up with the times
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

GuvHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 10, 2018, 11:36:56 pm
lol. c'mon guv. all our QB's were rated higher than Jalen Hurts, who won Freshman of the year and ran the table in the SEC last year. Ty story and cole kelly were both *0, like Jalen. Hyatt is 82.
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/180817/jalen-hurts

Jalen was exposed against Georgia and my point was proven. Saban tried to make a dual threat QB out of a guy who really is a triple option QB and it didn't work. Clemson exposed him in last year's Championship game but Saban didn't have a quality backup.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: GuvHog on January 11, 2018, 07:41:59 am
Jalen was exposed against Georgia and my point was proven. Saban tried to make a dual threat QB out of a guy who really is a triple option QB and it didn't work. Clemson exposed him in last year's Championship game but Saban didn't have a quality backup.

Genius Guv... Hurts should transfer to Ga Tech...

010HogFan

Quote from: IronHog on January 11, 2018, 07:27:38 am

What is Coach Morris' favorite word? Answer: "Speed"...and CK ain't got it. I don't really think he'll be the QB.

Inhogswetrust

I'm sure Brady will still start....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

oldhawg

Quote from: IronHog on January 11, 2018, 07:27:38 am

I agree that Kelly is probable the odds on starter at quarterback at this time, but I don't see him running much option.

I also believe that that in the spring there will be a legitimate opportunity for most of the quarterbacks on the roster to win the job, that the decision is still very much up in the air.  No coach speak regarding quarterback competition.

cjack

Quote from: GuvHog on January 11, 2018, 07:41:59 am

....and was replaced by another true freshman quarterback that brought the team back.  After making a freshman mistake and getting sacked in overtime, the true freshman threw a 40 yard strike to another freshman to win the national championship
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Airforcehawg

15-20lbs for CK is not a big deal. I am 6'5, 260lb and I can loose 20lbs in a month just by staying away from the fast food and booze. I think CK will have a good chance to remain the starter...he has a quick release, strong arm, and game experience.

Granny fan

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 11, 2018, 08:54:06 am
What is Coach Morris' favorite word? Answer: "Speed"...and CK ain't got it. I don't really think he'll be the QB.

This what I think about CK as well.  Plus he has a rocket arm, but is not consistent and a lot of his passes are dropped because they are too hard to handle.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 11, 2018, 08:54:06 am

Quote from: oldhawg on January 11, 2018, 08:56:36 am
I agree that Kelly is probable the odds on starter at quarterback at this time, but I don't see him running much option.

I also believe that that in the spring there will be a legitimate opportunity for most of the quarterbacks on the roster to win the job, that the decision is still very much up in the air.  No coach speak regarding quarterback competition.

CCM doesn't run much if any QB option. He didn't run at Clemson or SMU with the QBs. People keep stating this, but I'm pretty sure they have never seen a single game he has coached. There are tons of them on youtube...

RME

Quote from: Granny fan on January 11, 2018, 09:20:22 am

This what I think about CK as well.  Plus he has a rocket arm, but is not consistent and a lot of his passes are dropped because they are too hard to handle.

So were Mallett's passes. He turned out just fine.

Kelley is a more mobile Mallett. I think he'll be just fine.

porque

porque

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 11, 2018, 09:26:13 am
CCM doesn't run much if any QB option. He didn't run at Clemson or SMU with the QBs. People keep stating this, but I'm pretty sure they have never seen a single game he has coached. There are tons of them on youtube...

Tajh Boyd ran quite a bit.  He ran for over 500 yards as a junior and 400 as a senior.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: porque on January 11, 2018, 10:01:12 am
Tajh Boyd ran quite a bit.  He ran for over 500 yards as a junior and 400 as a senior.

The SMU QB ran for less yards than Cole Kelley, and he played all year... Morris is gonna build the best system around the best QB... Not plug the best QB into "his" system. He said as much in his hiring day announcement. My guess is if it is Cole he will run less than you want, but more than I think...