Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chavis runs the 4-3...so

Started by theFlyingHog, January 09, 2018, 02:59:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ChicoHog

Quote from: Al Boarland on January 09, 2018, 03:41:32 pm
Will be more of a jimmies and joes problem than scheme.  Not a ton of talent on the team.  4-3 is going to require 6-8 DL you can rotate without much drop off. 
Exactly.  UGA/Bama/clemson/OSU etc., rotate 10-12 guys on the Dline.  We may have 4 or 5 at the most that are SEC quality and that's probably a stretch.  Dline is most important position group on the field after the QB.   All about recruiting on defense.  We need some MEN!

farmhawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on January 09, 2018, 03:14:19 pm
Just one more generation of fans, so about 20 or so years
I feel sorry for you....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pork Twain

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 09, 2018, 02:59:06 pm
How much are we set back by the 3-4 experiment?
None, it did not last long enough to affect recruiting or depth.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 09, 2018, 07:07:20 pm
We ran a BS version of a 4-3.  Ramsey should have been a backer in coverage not rushing the passer.  He was gobbled up by olines most of his time rushing and was just basically useless but the coaches design.  He is the perfect can do everything LB'er and Bielema and Co failed him miserably.

On the plus side, he could not ask for a better position coach this coming season. He's perfect for the defense Chavis will run.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

sowmonella

Chavis had many options. He wouldn't have come to Fayetteville if he didn't think he could field a quality defense.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Al Boarland

Quote from: sowmonella on January 09, 2018, 10:34:21 pm
Chavis had many options. He wouldn't have come to Fayetteville if he didn't think he could get paid the most money.

Michael D Huff AIA

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 09, 2018, 03:21:03 pm
It didn't appear that we even ran it last year. Shouldn't be hard to go from
"Herding cats" to a 4-3.

I thought this, too.  IF we did run it, we certainly didn't run it well.  One of the worst defensive seasons I've ever witnessed from Razorback football.

Paul

hogcards

Quote from: sowmonella on January 09, 2018, 10:34:21 pm
Chavis had many options. He wouldn't have come to Fayetteville if he didn't think he could field a quality defense.

What were the other options?
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Hoggish1

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 09, 2018, 04:31:13 pm
My opinion is we don't have the DL depth to run a 4-3 base defense, we didn't have enough to run the 3-4 this year. So many plays we gave up because of tired DL IMO.

So I guess you are arguing for us to run  a 2-5?  LMAO

Hoggish1

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 09, 2018, 04:55:14 pm
Well some of that could also be attributed to one other key issue: lack of proper conditioning.

Yes.  I think we will be able to do much better in the conditioning category

GoHogs1091

Chavis does do a very good job with the 4-3.  His 4-3 usually has very good Defensive Ends play, Middle Linebacker play, and Cornerback play.  I remember in 2011 he totally outcoached Robert Petrino after what occurred in Little Rock the prior season.  Chavis decided to play 1 of his LSU Safeties very deep, and Chavis made sure that Robert Petrino couldn't get anyone behind his LSU defense.

Probably these are the best in all of college football regarding coaching and coordinating a 4-3 defense.

Venables
Chavis
Randy Shannon

theFlyingHog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 10, 2018, 05:40:45 pm
Chavis does do a very good job with the 4-3.  His 4-3 usually has very good Defensive Ends play, Middle Linebacker play, and Cornerback play.  I remember in 2011 he totally outcoached Robert Petrino after what occurred in Little Rock the prior season.  Chavis decided to play 1 of his LSU Safeties very deep, and Chavis made sure that Robert Petrino couldn't get anyone behind his LSU defense.

Probably these are the best in all of college football regarding coaching and coordinating a 4-3 defense.

Venables
Chavis
Randy Shannon
Didn't we have him on staff recently in some acillary role? If he's so great then why wasn't he calling the defense? That damn Bielema