Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Randy on drive time rumor

Started by checkraiser88, January 04, 2018, 05:24:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on January 04, 2018, 05:35:40 pm
Dave Aranda is going to get $2.5M per yr for 4 yrs at LSU as DC so $2.1M wont even make Venables or anyone the highest paid assistant.

If ARK ponies up $2.1--$2.5M per year for Venables, that would be way out of character for them.  Not saying Ark cannot come up  with the cash.  Jerrah could cut a check to supplement the university and the Razorback Foundation and they all 3 could come up with whatever it takes but Clemson isnt going to let Venables go without a counter offer and who knows if he would even want to leave the setup he has there. 

I would love for it to be true but that just does not sound like something Arkansas would do unfortunately.

We absolutely could pay that. We just paid a guy 15mill not to coach.

However we won't you are correct

opineonswine

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

lumphog

Quote from: TDHawgs on January 04, 2018, 05:57:19 pm
Not even gonna get my hope up on this. I don't believe in sources anymore.
Well, Bigfoot told me it's a DONE DEAL

GA reddiehog

I live over in Clemson country and have been told by Clemson people that BV is not going anywhere unless it is for a HC job.  He will take over for Dabo in 2-3 years.

PorkSoda

Quote from: GA reddiehog on January 04, 2018, 06:34:31 pm
I live over in Clemson country and have been told by Clemson people that BV is not going anywhere unless it is for a HC job.  He will take over for Dabo in 2-3 years.
considering the number of HC jobs he has turned down, I think thats a safe bet.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Wild Bill Hog

LawyerHog50

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 04, 2018, 06:35:32 pm
considering the number of HC jobs he has turned down, I think thats a safe bet.

It's a safe bet he's coming. Thruht.
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

LawyerHog50

"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

LawyerHog50

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 04, 2018, 06:21:44 pm
The source was some live fan feedback.

From a credible fan. Very credible fan.

Wild Bill Hog

DuckTalesLOL

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on January 04, 2018, 06:42:05 pm
From a credible fan. Very credible fan.

What was his Hogville username then? We are all very credible around here.

AirWarren

Name rumor on hogville.

99% not going to happen.

Hogindasticks

Hogindasticks

I love all these people saying that it's not going to happen......all the same guys saying Norvell was coming......sour grapes if you ask me.
People all want it to happen their way.....if it doesn't happen their way, they don't want anyone to be successful.......definition of a hater.

HogFansReunited

Seriously people? Randy did not say it would be Venables, he didn't even say we made an offer, all he did was mention a comment from "live fan feedback" which is something that anyone could send in.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 04, 2018, 06:53:32 pm
I love all these people saying that it's not going to happen......all the same guys saying Norvell was coming......sour grapes if you ask me.
People all want it to happen their way.....if it doesn't happen their way, they don't want anyone to be successful.......definition of a hater.

Everyone is saying it's not going to happen and you are a fool if you think otherwise.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

DuckTalesLOL

Quote from: HogFansReunited on January 04, 2018, 06:55:30 pm
Seriously people? Randy did not say it would be Venables, he didn't even say we made an offer, all he did was mention a comment from "live fan feedback" which is something that anyone could send in.

I'm submitting fan feedback tomorrow stating we offered Venables 5 years 25 million so I can watch Hogville explode.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 04, 2018, 06:58:08 pm
I'm submitting fan feedback tomorrow stating we offered Venables 5 years 25 million so I can watch Hogville explode.

We live to explode.

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

ballz2thewall

Quote from: regi on January 04, 2018, 05:51:43 pm
Don't know if it is real,  or his agent working for Venebles like he should.  He will replace the old man at K State soon anyway,  not sure how long he would stay.  Also. STOP ACTING LIKE CLEMSON IS A CFB SUPER  POWER.  They are not.  They are a nice program,  and Dabo is over achieving. They are not a program flush with money,  and prior to Dabo,  and Petrino giving way to Long/Smith/Bert,  Arkansas had  more all time wins than Clemson,  against stiffer competition.  Clemson is 18-44-2 all time vs UGA,  15-34-2 all time vs AU,  4-14 all time vs Bama 5-12 vs Tennessee and 3-9 all time vs UF.  So let's not make Clemson out to be somebody,  they are not.

hogville tends to do the same with ta&m..........
The rest of the frog.

regi

Quote from: HogFansReunited on January 04, 2018, 06:55:30 pm

RR is like Anchorman,  he will read anything,  off that live fan feedback line.  Verbatim

Hogindasticks

Quote from: HogFansReunited on January 04, 2018, 06:57:21 pm
Everyone is saying it's not going to happen and you are a fool if you think otherwise.

Ding Ding...>WINNER!

They held Bama to 24......if we can get Venables...we need Venables.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: regi on January 04, 2018, 07:05:08 pm
RR is like Anchorman,  he will read anything,  off that live fan feedback line.  Verbatim

And some of his listeners will take it as if it is gospel.

Member #3568

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

redeye

I'd be fine with that.  We'd essentially be getting Clemson's offense and defense from their championship team, which is well worth the combined salaries.  In fact, I think it'd be a bargain.

regi

Quote from: HogFansReunited on January 04, 2018, 07:08:28 pm
And some of his listeners will take it as if it is gospel.

See this thread to verify.  Lol

LawyerHog50

GuvHog

Quote from: oldman1015 on January 04, 2018, 07:09:34 pm
Guv fact or real fact?

Leave me out of this. I'm enjoying reading the thread though.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The Hawg Marshal

I don't think that there is a chance in hell that Venables is coming here. But I hope you guys prove me wrong, I really do.

jgphillips3

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on January 04, 2018, 07:28:29 pm
I don't think that there is a chance in hell that Venables is coming here. But I hope you guys prove me wrong, I really do.

I too think it is a huge long shot.  Not impossible, but not likely.  However, the thing that I like is that all of the DC's we have been talking about, whether you like them individually or not, are in the "big boy" DC league.  We are talking highly paid, accomplished DC's for the first time in decades...if not ever.  Broyles always went on the cheap with assistant pay.  It's nice that our candidates are people whose names are actually known and respected (in general).

RebHog

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 04, 2018, 06:58:08 pm

Include his wife was seen house shopping in the NWA area! The HV server itself will literally burst into a ball of flame.   8) :D

LawyerHog50

Boy when Chad said he was gonna hire the best DC in the nation he wasn't joking!!!

Wewt!!

porkrindjimmy

I don't know if Brent will come but he is being persued very hard.

Even today....persued.

PRJ

ADavisTheGOAT

Weird considering we've already hired Chavis
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

DuckTalesLOL

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on January 04, 2018, 07:41:25 pm

Even today....persued.

PRJ

Kinda like Norvell had already signed a contract and was being hired?

Kevin

if ccm has indeed taken his best shot at venables, get him or not I am liking our coach more and more. he is not afraid.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 04, 2018, 07:44:06 pm

I said that?

Might want to reconsider that.

PRJ

LawyerHog50

Even today....persued.

PRJ
8)

LawyerHog50

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on January 04, 2018, 07:43:02 pm
Weird considering we've already hired Chavis

Never made official. Probably contingent on vegetables saying no.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 04, 2018, 07:44:06 pm
That was PiP saying that. PRJ actually seemed to be right for the most part during the HC search

LawyerHog50

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 04, 2018, 07:51:51 pm
That was PiP saying that. PRJ actually seemed to be right for the most part during the HC search

Prj is the Oracle of hogville.

DuckTalesLOL

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 04, 2018, 07:51:51 pm

Yeah, you're right. My bad PRJ!

HogNTX

Even today....persued.

PRJ

Persued?? Is that the same as pursued??

JIHawg

Where are the damn people who follow air planes when we need them?

Smashmouth2004

Quote from: King Kong on January 04, 2018, 06:12:32 pm
More than that he is a Clemson signee.
If this was all true, I expect Clemson would let him out of his commitment but I think all the evidence point to Chavis being our DC.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on January 04, 2018, 07:57:40 pm
If this was all true, I expect Clemson would let him out of his commitment but I think all the evidence point to Chavis being our DC.
Its not that easy. If someone signs their NLI to a school but decide to go to another school, then they cannot play the first year and lose that year of eligibility

Paul

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.