Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Three Aggie commits who did not sign and hold Arkansas offers

Started by billmontgomery10, December 22, 2017, 04:42:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

billmontgomery10

It will be interesting to see how things play out with LBs Brian Johnson and DeShaun White who are on the Hawgs radar big-time and were recruited by John Chavis and also Deneric Prince RB. Johnson and Prince both played at the same high school and all 3 are Texas natives.

Pudgepork

You can forget them.  We've already learned on hogville that  chavis  can't recruit, won't recruit, is over the hill, a hasbeen, ancient, low energy geriatric that will have to be woken from naps for team meetings. 

I wouldn't hold out much hope for those players

Pig in the Pokey

It's ALL about Deshaun White. That kid is a beast , man. Look at his HUDL. And there's not a bigger position of need on this team than OLB. This dude will start for us.

https://247sports.com/Player/DaShaun-White-46036886
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

King Kong

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pudgepork on December 22, 2017, 04:46:51 pm
You can forget them.  We've already learned on hogville that  chavis  can't recruit, won't recruit, is over the hill, a hasbeen, ancient, low energy geriatric that will have to be woken from naps for team meetings. 

Ill tell you like I told them. Chavis is a Hall of Famer and has more 4 and 5 * commits than any coach in Arkansas history. So miss me with that bs.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: King Kong on December 22, 2017, 04:51:16 pm
DeShaun White visited over the summer
yep. And the staff he eventually committed to is our defensive staff. Woo Pig.

searkhogfan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 22, 2017, 04:51:16 pm
Ill tell you like I told them. Chavis is a Hall of Famer and has more 4 and 5 * commits than any coach in Arkansas history. So miss me with that bs.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Fan1958

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 22, 2017, 04:51:16 pm

Sarcasm detector broke much?  ::) smh
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

SooieGeneris

The napper was our old HC..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

jackflash

I don't think Morris would consider Chavis if he couldn't recruit. I believe those days are done at Arkansas

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 22, 2017, 04:50:17 pm
It's ALL about Deshaun White. That kid is a beast , man. Look at his HUDL. And there's not a bigger position of need on this team than OLB. This dude will start for us.

https://247sports.com/Player/DaShaun-White-46036886

He is probably also pretty boss on a snowboard.

rljjr

Pudgepork

Quote from: Fan1958 on December 22, 2017, 07:58:44 pm

Lol.  Yeah. It flew right past him. He must be distracted by the Hogs newest Christmas present.  Welcome to God's Country Nick.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 22, 2017, 04:52:04 pm
yep. And the staff he eventually committed to is our defensive staff. Woo Pig.
I didn't know we had one.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Pig in the Pokey

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Fan1958 on December 22, 2017, 07:58:44 pm
what makes you think I didnt detect his sarcasm? My response was still my response.

Fan1958

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 22, 2017, 10:30:19 pm
what makes you think I didnt detect his sarcasm? My response was still my response.

You just proved my point.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

HogFoo

I liked the idea of chavis, then I switched to Grinch as my lead choice.  But heard he is going to tOSU. So, now rumors are strong that it is Chavis now.  Which, if ya go by his body of work in it's entirety, then ok.  At aTm, seemed like not so good.  But how much of that was the team.. he was only there what 2yrs? Then he's out cuz sumlin is gone.  So I thi k too much is being said about Chavis being burn out.   

Does anyone know what became of the twin brothers. One who was committed to aTm and the other Nebraska?  Seems like some thought he had a chance to get both those guys?

Anyways.  If Chavis is the man, I'll give him a chance. Some say he's not a good recruiter anymore.  I don't know how true that is.  But, I guess we'll find out.  Chavis may not be the walk off HR everyone wanted but he is still a HR hire, albeit an inside the park or one that hits the top of the fence and barely falls over for the HR haha.. It still counts as a HR tho. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

SooieGeneris

Quote from: HogFoo on December 22, 2017, 10:58:02 pm
I liked the idea of chavis, then I switched to Grinch as my lead choice.  But heard he is going to tOSU. So, now rumors are strong that it is Chavis now.  Which, if ya go by his body of work in it's entirety, then ok.  At aTm, seemed like not so good.  But how much of that was the team.. he was only there what 2yrs? Then he's out cuz sumlin is gone.  So I thi k too much is being said about Chavis being burn out.   

Does anyone know what became of the twin brothers. One who was committed to aTm and the other Nebraska?  Seems like some thought he had a chance to get both those guys?

Anyways.  If Chavis is the man, I'll give him a chance. Some say he's not a good recruiter anymore.  I don't know how true that is.  But, I guess we'll find out.  Chavis may not be the walk off HR everyone wanted but he is still a HR hire, albeit an inside the park or one that hits the top of the fence and barely falls over for the HR haha.. It still counts as a HR tho.

Joshua Moore? Jordan/Joshua, I get their names mixed up, but the one who was committed to A&M signed with them Weds. and the one who recently de-committed from Nebraska is still unsigned.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

razorbackfanatic

If the Chavis rumors are true and he was able to flip these 3 commits from aTm to us, that would make a huge splash and silence all the disgruntled complaints about the DC hire.

Does anyone know why 24/7 says White is a hard commit to aTm, but 94% chance to OU?

Tortfeasor

Hell, make Manvel WR Jalen Preston an offer and see if we can get a visit. That dude is a stud.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Tortfeasor on December 23, 2017, 12:47:45 am
Hell, make Manvel WR Jalen Preston an offer and see if we can get a visit. That dude is a stud.
Don't sell the Jones kid short. As in too short to play the position. His grandfather grew 3 inches or more from his HS days in LR to the time he played his first down for the Hogs. And I absolutely love the way the kid has the quickness to get out of a tight spot in the pocket all the while looking down field for an open receiver. I must admit, I thought he was getting a scholly because of Papaw, but the kid can flat out play and is a stoned cold winner. I'll take him any day. The 4th and 15 that Highland converted was a thing of beauty. Jones bought time in the pocket, made a move or two while allowing a slow developing route to open up 25 yards down the field and JSJ absolutely dropped a dime in on the kid at the 12 yard line which was the game winner, IMHO. I don't know how many of you guys got to watch the game between Highland Park and Manvel, but Manvel had talent all over the field and if not for the brilliance of JSJ, Highland gets beaten by 30 or more.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

No doubt... LOL.! I love how absolutely hyperbolic this place can get when a dumbass has a point to make. Present company excluded of course... ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 23, 2017, 01:21:21 am
Don't sell the Jones kid short. As in too short to play the position. His grandfather grew 3 inches or more from his HS days in LR to the time he played his first down for the Hogs. And I absolutely love the way the kid has the quickness to get out of a tight spot in the pocket all the while looking down field for an open receiver. I must admit, I thought he was getting a scholly because of Papaw, but the kid can flat out play and is a stoned cold winner. I'll take him any day. The 4th and 15 that Highland converted was a thing of beauty. Jones bought time in the pocket, made a move or two while allowing a slow developing route to open up 25 yards down the field and JSJ absolutely dropped a dime in on the kid at the 12 yard line which was the game winner, IMHO. I don't know how many of you guys got to watch the game between Highland Park and Manvel, but Manvel had talent all over the field and if not for the brilliance of JSJ, Highland gets beaten by 30 or more.

WHEN WILL ARKANSAS LEARN THAT YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH A JONES.!?
Paw Paw... Check
Matt... Check
Felix... Check

...And that's just the 3 that my drunk butt can uhmember... Hell! If I were coach you would see every kid in Arkansas named Jones get a scholly until they proved they couldn't excell. I'm being hyperbolic now...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

deedster84

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on December 23, 2017, 12:16:06 am
If the Chavis rumors are true and he was able to flip these 3 commits from aTm to us, that would make a huge splash and silence all the disgruntled complaints about the DC hire.

Does anyone know why 24/7 says White is a hard commit to aTm, but 94% chance to OU?

Luke Ford was a hard commit to us and was projected to go to Alabama for a long time. Got it wrong on both accounts.

King Kong

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on December 23, 2017, 12:16:06 am

White was expected to commit to OU prior to surprising and committing to A&M.

So the 94% chance was done months ago

Tortfeasor

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 23, 2017, 01:21:21 am

I'm almost counting on JSJ coming to the hill. I watched the entire game and the kid has "it". He's simply a playmaker and has grit. I definitely want him to be a Hog.

That WR Preston made a one-handed catch for a TD that was impressive. He is a special player and is committed to AM but hasn't signed yet. Not sure if Morris could talk to that kid last night after the game, but if so, an offer should have been made.

Side note, pretty cool to see JJ go over and talk to the Manvel players after the game and talk to several individually. Kudos to him.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 22, 2017, 10:29:05 pm
well, pay attention, we've been talking about it all week.
I understand what you're saying, but pen hasn't hit paper yet. I'd like to have him; he knows what he's doing (unlike some of the previous staff), but I'm not counting chickens.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Oklahawg

Brian Johnson plays for Manvel. Decent safety but would be a fine OLB. (Watched him vs JSJ last night)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Pudgepork

Paw Paw... Check
Matt... Check
Felix... Check

Harry Jones was a fine football player.  A few around here might remember the name

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pudgepork on December 23, 2017, 04:27:25 pm
Paw Paw... Check
Matt... Check
Felix... Check

Harry Jones was a fine football player.  A few around here might remember the name
Remember him from "back in the day". I was a young teen around the time he hit the scene. He graced the cover of Sports Illustrated under his moniker "Hurrying Harry Jones". Guy had some major speed and a nose for the end zone. Played both wingback and defensive back and returned several interceptions for touchdowns. In fact if I remember correctly it was his play at db that earned him more touches on the other side of the ball.

Steef

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 22, 2017, 10:30:19 pm

LOL

Well, your response says "I missed the sarcasm".

Onward.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 23, 2017, 04:55:27 pm

Remember him from "back in the day". I was a young teen around the time he hit the scene. He graced the cover of Sports Illustrated under his moniker "Hurrying Harry Jones". Guy had some major speed and a nose for the end zone. Played both wingback and defensive back and returned several interceptions for touchdowns. In fact if I remember correctly it was his play at db that earned him more touches on the other side of the ball.

Oh yes, I remember him. Seemed like some called him...."Light hoss Harry Jones". He was big & fast. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Snouty

Paw Paw... Check
Matt... Check
Felix... Check

I remember.  He had 3 interceptions for touchdowns one year, then switched to offense.

Muskliketusk

I'd about bet we get White. He ain't got no ties to Jimbo and he done already committed to Chavis once. Brown ain't signed with Bama neither so he still gonna be a fight.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on December 24, 2017, 10:50:44 pm
Oh yes, I remember him. Seemed like some called him...."Light hoss Harry Jones". He was big & fast.
You're absolutely correct on that as well. Yep, I thought about that nickname after I posted my other comment. He did seem to have the size and speed not often seen in many players back then.

Snout team

Do any of these guys have official visits left?  If so and we see them show up on the visitors list for January I will get very excit d about the possibility.  If not, I won't hold my breath
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

26.2Hog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 23, 2017, 04:55:27 pm

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on December 24, 2017, 10:50:44 pm

Quote from: Snouty on December 25, 2017, 05:59:55 am
I remember.  He had 3 interceptions for touchdowns one year, then switched to offense.

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 25, 2017, 11:54:25 am
You're absolutely correct on that as well. Yep, I thought about that nickname after I posted my other comment. He did seem to have the size and speed not often seen in many players back then.

+1 for all the Harry Jones references.  He even had a song written about him that was played on radio stations all over Arkansas.  I remember the Friendly Southern Giant, Little Rock's KAAY would blast that song out and people would hear it from New Orleans to almost Canada.

Here is a nice highlight clip, plus you'll get to hear The Ballad of Light Horse Harry.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: 26.2Hog on December 29, 2017, 05:59:24 pm
+1 for all the Harry Jones references.  He even had a song written about him that was played on radio stations all over Arkansas.  I remember the Friendly Southern Giant, Little Rock's KAAY would blast that song out and people would hear it from New Orleans to almost Canada.

Here is a nice highlight clip, plus you'll get to hear The Ballad of Light Horse Harry.

Glad his play was far better than the song written about him. I realize it was locally done, however, I have to say it was pretty "cheesy". In a simpler day so many of those Hogs were local heroes-Harry, Ken Hatfield, Lloyd Phillips, Jerry Lamb-and so many more....yep, they were the idols of practically every school boy in the state.