Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't we have a football game Saturday?

Started by Pecos Hog, November 16, 2017, 08:08:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pecos Hog

Misstake 38
Hogs 14

35,000 in the stands at the start.    Wouldn't be surprised if the Hogs make it a game, but then there's always the 2nd half.   

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

Drop the Mike

I'm afraid that our lack of a vertical passing game due to AA's shoulder makes to a pin your ears back day for msst's D.

I really am concerned about AA making it out of this game heathy. My son and I will be there, hoping for nice weather.

RazorChuck

and next Friday the team will be taken on a tour of "The Pit of Missouri".

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Pecos Hog on November 16, 2017, 08:08:35 am
Misstake 38
Hogs 14

35,000 in the stands at the start.    Wouldn't be surprised if the Hogs make it a game, but then there's always the 2nd half.
If we had a different coach I'd be confident in our ability to come away with a win, and that's with the current roster
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

pigz

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 16, 2017, 08:36:04 am
If we had a different coach I'd be confident in our ability to come away with a win, and that's with the current roster

I have this roster on NCAA 14 and they are pretty good.

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: pigz on November 16, 2017, 08:41:48 am
I have this roster on NCAA 14 and they are pretty good.

Same. They're capable of winning multiple national championships... I know from experience

Athog

Athog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 16, 2017, 08:36:04 am

I bet you want go and support the team and program!! You are not going to support the coach!!

Grunt

Misstake 38
Hogs 14

Man, you're optimistic. I think you underestimate the distraction factor.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Seebs

We are unplugging CBB and seeing how long it takes to pass on to his next opportunity. Again, I say this every week. ill-prepared teams facing SEC teams get players hurt. I pray nobody gets hurt but many will.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Grunt

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 16, 2017, 08:12:42 am
I'm afraid that our lack of a vertical passing game due to AA's shoulder makes to a pin your ears back day for msst's D.

I really am concerned about AA making it out of this game heathy. My son and I will be there, hoping for nice weather.
Should be clear and 51 at kick-off. You guys have a great time.

lumphog

HognotinMemphis

I am not going to bother making a score prediction. Just this:

Miss St will win by 20+, just like most of our other SEC games.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Tony Perkis

I refuse to wake up in time for an 11am kickoff. Next coach must do better.

Seebs

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 16, 2017, 10:30:58 am
I refuse to wake up in time for an 11am kickoff. Next coach must do better.

Just stay up until it is over. Sleep is for quitters
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Grunt

November 16, 2017, 10:33:14 am #16 Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 01:37:39 pm by Grunt
MSU will score 50. We might score 14. Did you see them play Bama?

Hogblog

Bert is on a bender since Jeff was fired.....early game.....hurt QB.....

Hogs 21
Dogs 31

Grag T

Screw it, it's at ten o'clock my time.  I'm gonna just sleep through half of it since that's what our coaching staff does.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

jst01

yea, Miss State is still playing for 9 wins and a pretty decent bowl game. They will be ready to just handle their business in this one.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 16, 2017, 10:28:18 am
I am not going to bother making a score prediction. Just this:

Miss St will win by 20+, just like most of our other SEC games.

I can't believe that you can still get Miss St. -12 to -12.5

That is a gift
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

jgphillips3

code red

50-10 Dawgs....they will make a point to cream us.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 16, 2017, 08:43:17 am
Same. They're capable of winning multiple national championships... I know from experience
yeah they can. PA to the TE
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

urkillnmesmalls

To me, this is like playing Bama, but with a QB that is likely faster than anyone on our entire defense.  Think about what they did against Bama, and then insert our defense.  There is no path that I see that would make us competitive, unless they are just beaten and battered from Saturday, dobbers down, and make several silly turnovers.  Even then...I don't think we can slow them down at all.  They may not have to punt the entire game. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

popcornhog

Misstake 38
Hogs 14

I'll be there, but meh. Leaving work early tomorrow to drive up from Little Rock for the Fresno State basketball game. Honestly looking forward to that moreso than the football game.

WPS

Jackrabbit Hog

This is such a bizarre and depressing time to be a Hog fan.  Sure, we can all hope for better things to begin next season with a new AD and a new HC and a new staff in place, but realistically speaking the new coach will have an entirely different system which means having to recruit for his system.  Think Nolan's first year or two with Eddie's old slow plodders.  In other words, it will probably get worse before it gets better, and that's even if we do end up hiring the right guy.

Against that backdrop, we play two more home games with our unpopular lame-duck coach, coming off a string of losses and poor performances (Ole Miss excepted I guess).  There will be those who are there because of their undying love for the Hogs and their devotion to the program, but most will be there because they already spent the money on the tickets and, well, it's kinda like an obligation to go.  In other words, they won't be excited and they'll leave early.  So it'll be a poor, quiet crowd on a chilly and windy morning. 

MSU 38, Ark 9.  (extra point missed)
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Grunt on November 16, 2017, 10:33:14 am
MSU will score 50. W might score 14. Did you see them play Bama?
What about the Bama hangover?    MSU should eaily walk away with it in the end.      But change is in the air.   We have reason to be hopeful for the future.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 16, 2017, 11:30:30 am
This is such a bizarre and depressing time to be a Hog fan.  Sure, we can all hope for better things to begin next season with a new AD and a new HC and a new staff in place, but realistically speaking the new coach will have an entirely different system which means having to recruit for his system.  Think Nolan's first year or two with Eddie's old slow plodders.  In other words, it will probably get worse before it gets better, and that's even if we do end up hiring the right guy.

Against that backdrop, we play two more home games with our unpopular lame-duck coach, coming off a string of losses and poor performances (Ole Miss excepted I guess).  There will be those who are there because of their undying love for the Hogs and their devotion to the program, but most will be there because they already spent the money on the tickets and, well, it's kinda like an obligation to go.  In other words, they won't be excited and they'll leave early.  So it'll be a poor, quiet crowd on a chilly and windy morning. 

MSU 38, Ark 9.  (extra point missed)

For next year, we do have a significantly easier schedule.  At least two games that were tough this year will switch to the winnable column.  It is, quite literally, the perfect year to be breaking in a new coach.

pigz

I can predict that I will be home by 2:00, should be a nice day to get the christmas lights hung. Not turned on, but hung.

BadHog

First game I've been able to attend this year.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Hayduke

Not a Hog fan per say, but we went ahead and bought four tickets at $4 each.

LRHawg

This game is going to be over after the first quarter.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: LRHawg on November 16, 2017, 12:28:33 pm
This game is going to be over after the first quarter.

My favorite comment on Hogville this season was someone who said our defense played twice as good in the Auburn game as it did Bama, because it took them two plays to score.  :-)  I don't recall who said it, but it was gold! 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

LRHawg

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on November 16, 2017, 12:40:14 pm
My favorite comment on Hogville this season was someone who said our defense played twice as good in the Auburn game as it did Bama, because it took them two plays to score.  :-)  I don't recall who said it, but it was gold!

We hung with LSU for a while, until they woke up and finished us off.

MSU will get it done much quicker.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: LRHawg on November 16, 2017, 01:34:21 pm
We hung with LSU for a while, until they woke up and finished us off.

MSU will get it done much quicker.

Not sure.   I saw some individual effort/frustration at LSU.   Players upset that some don't seem to be playing so hard or giving it everything.     Hope all of our team shows up to play a good game.    And something tells me they will....at least until the Dogs decide to put it away.    I say Dog and Hogs tied at half 14 all.