Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Ties

Started by twistitup, November 16, 2017, 07:12:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

buldozer

Quote from: 311Hog on November 16, 2017, 12:58:27 pm
I mean our Chancellor doesn't have Arkansas ties is he the next to go?  are we about to purge anyone and everyone that works for the UofA that doesn't have a tie to the state?
Good point..... it may be time to clean house

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: aloha_kid on November 16, 2017, 12:53:57 pm
Interesting take.  I wonder how many people in NW Arkansas moved there in the past 20 years.  I wonder if they understand the culture, or do they understand business.  Seems to me, NW Arkansas is a shadow of what it used to be.  One need only visit Bentonville, Rogers or any other town in NW Arkansas to realize, it isn't what it used to be and that the culture shifted drastically.

Well if you head north from Sheridan you will reach the Midwest when you hit Fayetteville.

Sometimes it just be that way
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

urkillnmesmalls

Interesting take.  I wonder how many people in NW Arkansas moved there in the past 20 years.  I wonder if they understand the culture, or do they understand business.  Seems to me, NW Arkansas is a shadow of what it used to be.  One need only visit Bentonville, Rogers or any other town in NW Arkansas to realize, it isn't what it used to be and that the culture shifted drastically.

Wow...  This is exactly what I don't understand.  Shadow of what it used to be?  Really?  In what regard are you POSSIBLY talking about?  The schools are the best in the state, the night life is outstanding, there's infinitely more culture here than previously, and the people are just as friendly and outgoing as they evere were.  People come here to visit ONCE, and call realtors to look at property.   

I tell ya what...if you're looking to hit a sore spot, you're doing a good job.  This backwoods derelict thought pattern that somehow Arkansas is at the top of the ladder in virtually ANYTHING is outlandish.  Go take a look at our education, income, and other measures, and then get back to me with a report on how NWA is doing compared to the rest of the state.  The OUTSIDE influence of people who are coming in from other places, who put a high value on EDUCATION, is what is shaping this area.  You don't have to accept or like that, but it is a FACT.  The "transplants" here from out of state for Walmart, vendors, or other companies, are having a POSITIVE impact here, and I'm born and raised in Arkansas.   

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

RME

I agree with ya. My post was pretty heavily sarcastic and echoes what a (frighteningly) large number of posters here truly believe.

They think it's still 1855, a time when your state was essentially your country and you never set foot outside of the place you were born. Therefore, we HAVE to have an AD and a coach who understand Arkansas and Arkansans. To hell with anyone from outside these hallowed lines on a map.

One and a half centuries later, here we are.

hogsanity

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on November 16, 2017, 01:09:50 pm
Wow...  This is exactly what I don't understand.  Shadow of what it used to be?  Really?  In what regard are you POSSIBLY talking about?  The schools are the best in the state, the night life is outstanding, there's infinitely more culture here than previously, and the people are just as friendly and outgoing as they evere were.  People come here to visit ONCE, and call realtors to look at property.   

I tell ya what...if you're looking to hit a sore spot, you're doing a good job.  This backwoods derelict thought pattern that somehow Arkansas is at the top of the ladder in virtually ANYTHING is outlandish.  Go take a look at our education, income, and other measures, and then get back to me with a report on how NWA is doing compared to the rest of the state.  The OUTSIDE influence of people who are coming in from other places, who put a high value on EDUCATION, is what is shaping this area.  You don't have to accept or like that, but it is a FACT.  The "transplants" here from out of state for Walmart, vendors, or other companies, are having a POSITIVE impact here, and I'm born and raised in Arkansas.   

What you just posted is why so many in Ar hate NWA, because they got left out of the re-birth of nwa. They hate it that the area has good school, good nightlife etc, while their town still has the front porch of the closed down post office, and their school has a average act score of 17. Their football team has 14 players and it is a struggle week to week just to physically play the next game. Their weight room consists of 2 tires full of cement on the ends of a steel bar, and the closest thing to night life in their area is coon hunting.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

factchecker

Being from the state doesn't give you special knowledge on being a Razorback.

I'd rather the staff have ties to the university (alumni) or at least the Razorbacks (former player or staff member) than simply being from the state.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: twistitup on November 16, 2017, 07:12:50 am
J Long forgot the importance of having ties to the home state. I heard on JB this morning that 1 out of 18 administrators working under J Long was from Arkansas. I guess he truly cleaned house upon arrival...didn't sit well w the Ark 💰 folks

It didn't take me long to find that at least 2 of our administrators are from Arkansas:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/support-staff/clayton-hamilton/

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/support-staff/kevin-trainor

I can go dig through the RF and other branches to find many more.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: hogsanity on November 16, 2017, 11:04:10 am
what, exactly, does " understands Arkansas" even mean?
Thank you.  I'm going to hang up and listen for this answer.

At a time when everyone else is becoming global and the entire world is networked Razorback fans believe we can only succeed with someone from the state in charge.

hogsanity

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 16, 2017, 03:01:00 pm
Thank you.  I'm going to hang up and listen for this answer.

At a time when everyone else is becoming global and the entire world is networked Razorback fans believe we can only succeed with someone from the state in charge.

I'm not counting on getting an answer. It is like when you ask them to define "Winning" or " success" as it pertains to the football program. The question either draws crickets, or very broad definitions that really define nothing.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Salted Pork

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on November 16, 2017, 01:09:50 pm

THANK YOU.

Couldn't have said it better.

HouSwine

Maybe JL toldl JJ that AR has a better record at RRS than at JerryWorld?