Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spectacular Guard Play

Started by Fan701, November 11, 2017, 08:12:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fan701

Beard, Barford, Macon scored 46 points, dished out 20 assists.  There hasn't been a backcourt show like this in Fayetteville in years, maybe never.  It's time to get excited.  Beard is good.  Barford is great.  Macon is transcendent.  We'll win a lot of games because we have Macon and they don't.

BrooklynRoss

The 1978 team had a pretty solid backcourt, haha, but, yeah, I hear you loud and clear.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

MCHogger

Quote from: Fan701 on November 11, 2017, 08:12:52 pm
Beard, Barford, Macon scored 46 points, dished out 20 assists.  There hasn't been a backcourt show like this in Fayetteville in years, maybe never.  It's time to get excited.  Beard is good.  Barford is great.  Macon is transcendent.  We'll win a lot of games because we have Macon and they don't.

I agree.. Barford and Macon are the equivalent of Beck and McDaniel.  That is the key to a great team.  Hogs are as athletic as they've been since 1996- will be a fun and great year, Go Hogs Go!

hogwood

Very experienced backcourt. I'm looking forward to their leadership and grit characterizing this team.

LRHawg

Quote from: hogwood on November 12, 2017, 08:07:10 am
Very experienced backcourt. I'm looking forward to their leadership and grit characterizing this team.

Seconded. The announcers the other day were very impressed with all the great assists.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Fan701 on November 11, 2017, 08:12:52 pm

Love the leadership and toughness with this group!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

The Hogfather

Beard needs to know when to be selfish and when not to be.  I don't think it is lack of vision, but rather selective vision, so he can shoot more.  There were several times in the Samford game where I was screaming at my TV for him to give the ball up.  There are times I want him to be selfish and be aggressive, but many times I am left asking why he made the decision he made.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 12, 2017, 12:51:15 pm
Beard needs to know when to be selfish and when not to be.  I don't think it is lack of vision, but rather selective vision, so he can shoot more.  There were several times in the Samford game where I was screaming at my TV for him to give the ball up.  There are times I want him to be selfish and be aggressive, but many times I am left asking why he made the decision he made.
I agree with you. If he was little more unselfish our team would be even better and he would increase his chances at a professional career.