Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We have fallen off the SEC map

Started by LZH, November 04, 2017, 08:58:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 12:56:58 am
Today game is what you get when a coaching staff has been told to start packing boxes.

No dude. This is what you get when a team thinks they won the super bowl last week, thinks they have a breather this week and can sit back and coast, get healthy, show nothing and diagram a couple of trick plays designed to confuse some Cajuns....but as usual, Bret was distracted by corn dogs and a tussle ensued. He was sunk like the Bismarck until TJ bailed him out.

It has been Bret's MO since he has been here. Wins a game, thinks he has solved the riddle and smiles, gloats, guzzles for the next week and then POW...right in the kisser sneaks up on him. Today he had a baller bail him out.

Same ole, same ole but Bret's giddyness after the game today tells me he hasn't been told a thing other than go get em Tigger......

PRJ

East Clintwood

I don't think that most of the assistants are  too stupid to realize on their own that this is a sinking ship and that their best bet is to try and find employment elsewhere.  They don't have to be told to see what's coming, whether it's this year or next.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 05, 2017, 12:53:24 am
NOOOOOO!  Don't use the term "lynching" with a brother on the site!  Dude, now the mods gonna shut this thread down!  And I like this thread!

Sorry!  I'd go back and change it but you done quoted it.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 04, 2017, 11:52:22 pm
Five years man five years.

What the hell does that even mean.  You haters throw out "Year 5" as if that means some sort of magic is supposed to happen.  It doesn't change the facts I listed.  These are all factors that explain easily the current situation of the team.  Everyone knows it except the haters.  But, these factors have to be considered in evaluating the team's performance and the coach.  Brett Beliema will not be fired.

jst01

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 05, 2017, 03:59:08 am
What the hell does that even mean.  You haters throw out "Year 5" as if that means some sort of magic is supposed to happen.  It doesn't change the facts I listed.  These are all factors that explain easily the current situation of the team.  Everyone knows it except the haters.  But, these factors have to be considered in evaluating the team's performance and the coach.  Brett Beliema will not be fired.

A: your buddys name is Bret.
B: Bret himself said that year 5 is the year when it all has to come together and even he understands that.

East Clintwood

To me it means that we've had 5 years to see what he can put on the field and it's been 5 years of crap.  He's failed.  Yes there have been injuries but that's part of the game.  You should have backups to take up the slack. Bert and his buddy Jeff both need to go.

Unfortunately, both will be here next year so we'll be treated to another year of the worst football in Razorback history.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Sundog

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 10:27:25 pm
I don't claim to be the sharpest knife in the sink, but I have said since day one that Brett Bielma is not a leader. We are only going to get worse the longer he stays.

I've said the same from day 1 as well.  His style was NEVER going to work at Arkansas.  Him running his mouth made a national embarrassment out of the program; and the Bielemers justified him every step of the way.  Coaching turnover, missing on recruiting talent, hype, flip flops, throwing the "A", cute marketing ploys,  smoke/mirrors, hiding behind "grades"....yet, so many hogville goofballs couldn't see through Bert's blunders.   :puke::puke:

Sundog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 05, 2017, 01:03:01 am
No dude. This is what you get when a team thinks they won the super bowl last week, thinks they have a breather this week and can sit back and coast, get healthy, show nothing and diagram a couple of trick plays designed to confuse some Cajuns....but as usual, Bret was distracted by corn dogs and a tussle ensued. He was sunk like the Bismarck until TJ bailed him out.

It has been Bret's MO since he has been here. Wins a game, thinks he has solved the riddle and smiles, gloats, guzzles for the next week and then POW...right in the kisser sneaks up on him. Today he had a baller bail him out.

Same ole, same ole but Bret's giddyness after the game today tells me he hasn't been told a thing other than go get em Tigger......

PRJ

You is correct on all fronts!  Bailed out, no less than the very player (Hammonds) Bert has overlooked.  Bert has in all likelihood so severely damaged the Razorback brand that I don't know who in their right mind would take the job!  On second thought, anyone confident enough in his abilities to actually take the job is probably exactly who we need.

atom hog

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 05, 2017, 04:53:36 am
To me it means that we've had 5 years to see what he can put on the field and it's been 5 years of crap.  He's failed.  Yes there have been injuries but that's part of the game.  You should have backups to take up the slack. Bert and his buddy Jeff both need to go.

Unfortunately, both will be here next year so we'll be treated to another year of the worst football in Razorback history.
Unfortunately, I think you may be right that we're stuck with the dynamic duo for another year and that we'll wish the team was as good as this year's dumpster fire.

hawgon

You really don't know Arkansas football if you think that your son wants to be back here next year in any way shape or form.  This is the SEC, his safety and security will literally be in danger if he comes back next year.  He will need to spend some of that money on personal security and guys to remove the for sale signs and dead possums that show up in his yard every night.

netteltonhog

Folks there is a scheduled BOT meeting on November 8.  Jeffies contract currently expires on June 1 next year.  If an extension isn't announced after that meeting (which isn't likely according to most)I think both will be gone. The bigger question is who replaces Jeffie as AD.

mlloyd4

Razorback Football has become irrelevant in the SEC West and in the conference.
We are basically in competition with Ole Miss, Vandy, and Kentucky for best in the basement.
WPS

Dark Helmet Hog

Jeff Long thinks of everyone but himself as an ignorant mouth breather. He will burn the program to the ground before changing his predetermined course.

Cinco de Hogo

Well it doesn't mean year five it means five years so...

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 05, 2017, 07:22:54 am
Jeff Long thinks of everyone but himself as an ignorant mouth breather. He will burn the program to the ground before changing his predetermined course.

Exactly....

PRJ

hawgon

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 05, 2017, 07:22:54 am

He is already stirring the ashes and preparing to salt the ground at this point.  I don't think, they are going to let him hamstring the program for what could be decades.  Someone will step in and put a stop to it. 

The debt is too high.  The brand is in serious danger.

LZH

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 05, 2017, 09:36:04 am
Exactly....

PRJ

I don't think so quite yet, but I am very afraid that you are absolutely correct.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: LZH on November 05, 2017, 12:20:17 pm
I don't think so quite yet, but I am very afraid that you are absolutely correct.

He is going to have to be prodded and pulled.

They are circling the wagons. They believe they can get through this. They have trotted out this morning with Jeff is in no trouble. Telling you to watch it, recruiting will suffer. Injuries....etc. I respect all these posters but they are flat out wrong if they think Jeff of his on Accord is going to run Bret off. He won't by himself.

Either some old men get pissed and stage a coup or Bret walks himself...I thought Bret might be getting close to that but yesterday after his interview with Chuck and then the presser, I believe he is dug in like a brown tick.....

PRJ

LZH

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 05, 2017, 01:01:18 pm
He is going to have to be prodded and pulled.

They are circling the wagons. They believe they can get through this. They have trotted out this morning with Jeff is in no trouble. Telling you to watch it, recruiting will suffer. Injuries....etc. I respect all these posters but they are flat out wrong if they think Jeff of his on Accord is going to run Bret off. He won't by himself.

Either some old men get pissed and stage a coup or Bret walks himself...I thought Bret might be getting close to that but yesterday after his interview with Chuck and then the presser, I believe he is dug in like a brown tick.....

PRJ

I know a little something about being a pesky tick myself brother.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: LZH on November 05, 2017, 02:47:24 pm
I know a little something about being a pesky tick myself brother.

Me Too!!!!

PRJ

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Al Boarland on November 04, 2017, 11:04:51 pm
If we hit the lotto with JUCO's we could win up to 7/8 games next season.

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 04, 2017, 11:09:33 pm
We would win that many with a competent coach next year with the talent on hand now.

PRJ
My favorite PRJ quote!
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.