Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First game for my kids

Started by clew, November 02, 2017, 11:41:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

clew

I'm bringing the family up from Houston for the Missouri game. This will be the first Razorback game for my 9yr old and my 11yr old. Any thoughts on the best viewing experience between south outdoor club or lower level home side between the 20s? Last time we were in town was for a spring game during the Petrino years so I'm a bit rusty.
Pure as the dawn

jgphillips3

Either are good for different reasons.  Personally, I would go lower level between the 20's. 

bphi11ips

Watching a football game from the endzone is okay if you like watching lineman.  Otherwise it's like wearing a raincoat in the shower.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Michael D Huff AIA

There may be enough empty seats in the stadium that you could sit about wherever you want to. 

NuttinItUp

Why do you hate your kids so much to subject them to this?

/s

DEVIL DOG HOG

Why don't you trolls go to another board?
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

DuckTalesLOL

I go to every hog game, and I'm actually taking my kids to their first game against Missouri as well. Definitely go lower level.

PygmalionEffect2

I'd rather watch the game at a sports bar on Dickson than sit in the end zone.

There's no depth perception.  A 3 yd run and an 8 yd run look fairly identical.

I'd rather be between the 40's in the upper deck than outside the 30's on the lower deck.

But that's just me.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

ricepig

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on November 03, 2017, 06:08:21 pm

I'd rather be between the 40's in the upper deck than outside the 30's on the lower deck.

But that's just me.

I love the SOC, you can watch the holes open up, it's like a 22 camera look. When they are in the other end, you do like everyone else in the stadium, you watch the big screen and the field.

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on November 03, 2017, 06:08:21 pm

But that's just me.

This.  If I take the trouble to go I will never sit in the endzone again

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: clew on November 02, 2017, 11:41:42 pm
I'm bringing the family up from Houston for the Missouri game. This will be the first Razorback game for my 9yr old and my 11yr old. Any thoughts on the best viewing experience between south outdoor club or lower level home side between the 20s? Last time we were in town was for a spring game during the Petrino years so I'm a bit rusty.
I hope your entire family has a very memorable experience along with a Hog victory. I remember my first game in WMS way, way back in the fall of 1967. I was a senior in high school and my parents and I went to a Texas Tech game the Saturday after Thanksgiving. A couple of things I clearly remember. First, we unfortunately lost a very close game. Secondly, I recall it was sleeting off and on with a howling wind whipping through the stands. Man, except the for '69 Texas game in Fayetteville in my sophomore year up on the Hill that has to have been the COLDEST I experienced at a game.

With my personal experiences with "polar bowls" and their outcome with the Hogs I don't need to be going anytime the weather is below freezing.

go hogues

Quote from: clew on November 02, 2017, 11:41:42 pm
Last time we were in town was for a spring game during the Petrino years so I'm a bit rusty.
Crowd'll be about the same size as a spring game, so you'll acclimate quickly.

Kidding aside, have a great time with the fam!
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

clew

I really appreciate all the responses. I am going to try to get between the 30s on the home side. If anyone has 8 CHEAP tickets to spare, shoot me a PM. They aren't all my kids 🤣
Pure as the dawn

rljjr

So the good part of taking them this season is you'll have the ability to move freely about the stadium. Try a different view each quarter. Glad you're getting to make memories. Have fun and enjoy the experience!

jgphillips3

Quote from: clew on November 19, 2017, 08:10:21 am
I really appreciate all the responses. I am going to try to get between the 30s on the home side. If anyone has 8 CHEAP tickets to spare, shoot me a PM. They aren't all my kids 🤣

That's what they all say!

In all seriousness though, go on Stubhub.  I saw, just looking quickly, a block of up to 12 tickets, section 107 (lower level) for about $30 each.

rzrbkman

Quote from: clew on November 19, 2017, 08:10:21 am

You won't have any trouble finding 8 cheap or free tickets outside the stadium. They won't all be together, but the attendance will be so low that you will all still be able to sit together. Just locate a block of bleacher seats that are not filled near game time and sit there.

micali

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 19, 2017, 08:15:55 am
That's what they all say!

In all seriousness though, go on Stubhub.  I saw, just looking quickly, a block of up to 12 tickets, section 107 (lower level) for about $30 each.
I took my son(his first time)and his buddy.  There is a fee for each ticket per the price you paid. I bought 3 for CC game at 4 bucks each but the grand total was $22. The top is good just stay away from rows 10-17. 17 is the highest and everyone looks like people from Gulliver's  Travels. If you can get close to row 1 it is a huge difference. Have fun.