Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Those were the days...

Started by Rzback, September 18, 2017, 03:25:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzback

September 18, 2017, 03:25:32 am Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 05:10:41 am by Rzback
Tired of being the SEC whipping child. At least when I was a teenager we were pretty much a top 20 team. Sorry my sons and grandsons can't say the same. Thought Petrino was going to bring us out of it. We need a coach that can do more with less because Arkansas will never lead the recruiting charts. Having lived in Arkansas, Texas, Georgia, and Florida most Arkansans don't realize the difference in High School football in TX, LA, AL, GA, and FL. Their high school teams are more on the level of Junior Colleges and 4 and 5 star kids from those states generally want to attend one of their state's top football colleges or one of the nation's top 5 football colleges and Arkansas generally gets the leftover 3 star recruits. It will take a unique special kind of coach to get us back to where we were in the 60's and 70's.
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

The Great Hambino

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

DEVIL DOG HOG

A lot of Arkansans think if your not from Arkansas you can't do anything right.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!