Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas is pulling an Arkansas

Started by Großer Kriegschwein, September 16, 2017, 09:23:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

Defense not getting ANY help from the offense. Defense playing inspired but on the field WAY WAY too much.
This is my non-signature signature.

DeltaBoy

Yep except Texas got more depth than we do this year!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Großer Kriegschwein

Darnold (autocorrect trying to call him Fat old) is kinda getting exposed tonight.
This is my non-signature signature.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

sickboy

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2017, 11:13:05 pm
I'm actually rooting for Texas..

As an Angeleno, this makes me happy. If you live in LA, you'd know that USC is the most elitist school in the country. And I should know, I went to grad school there. I don't like Texas, but I want Texas to pile drive SC.

Spikes

You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

mckinneyhog5

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

factchecker

Quote from: tusksincolorado on September 16, 2017, 11:20:04 pm
Hate that screamin' announcer....

"ball is snapped, handoff to johnson, OH MY GOD..... WHAT A 3 YARD RUN!!!!!!!!"
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

tusksincolorado

Quote from: factchecker on September 16, 2017, 11:21:15 pm

Would hate to be with him at a Gentleman's Club....

She wiggles....

She waggles....

OH MY GOD!!!

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: factchecker on September 16, 2017, 11:21:15 pm
HE ThROWS IT, ITS IN AIR..INCOMPLETE!!!!

mckinneyhog5

What a waste of a play with the reverse.

Hogs49ers

This is actually encouraging to me, if Texas can improve this much in 2 weeks, maybe we can too??  I know I know, it is a longshot and a coach in his first year vs a coach in his 5th year, but a guy can have hope...

Fck my life, Herman is the real deal and Texas is going to be back to prevalent on the national level.
SCREW Vandy!

Paul

mckinneyhog5

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 16, 2017, 11:29:50 pm
This is actually encouraging to me, if Texas can improve this much in 2 weeks, maybe we can too??  I know I know, it is a longshot and a coach in his first year vs a coach in his 5th year, but a guy can have hope...

Fck my life, Herman is the real deal and Texas is going to be back to prevalent on the national level.
You mean to tell me you can't predict a season off one game? Get out of here..

Hogs49ers

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2017, 11:32:29 pm
You mean to tell me you can't predict a season off one game? Get out of here..

Say what?? I definitely did not say that, I said they are showing major improvement and look to be trending in the right direction. Can you argue that?
SCREW Vandy!

mckinneyhog5

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 16, 2017, 11:35:01 pm
Say what?? I definitely did not say that, I said they are showing major improvement and look to be trending in the right direction. Can you argue that?
It was a joke..man some of you need to take a chill pill.

010HogFan

Hogs49ers

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2017, 11:36:32 pm
It was a joke..man some of you need to take a chill pill.

Sorry I actually misread your post and thought you said "you mean you CAN predict".  If I would had read it right, I would of known it was a joke, my bad.
SCREW Vandy!

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 16, 2017, 11:38:14 pm
Sorry I actually misread your post and thought you said "you mean you CAN predict".  If I would had read it right, I would of known it was a joke, my bad.
No prob homey!

mckinneyhog5

Hogs49ers

USC acting like they just won the national championship, I would be walking back to the locker room with my head held down if I was #4 team in the country and just snuck out with a win at home vs Texas this year.
SCREW Vandy!

LRHawg

Hogz87

Must be nice to have a kicker who can drill a 42-yarder to win the game in OT after your offense doesn't gain a yard downs 1-3.

Must be nice to have a kicker who can make a FG period.

tusksincolorado

tusksincolorado

sickboy

Quote from: Hogz87 on September 16, 2017, 11:43:20 pm
Must be nice to have a kicker who can drill a 42-yarder to win the game in OT after your offense doesn't gain a yard downs 1-3.

Must be nice to have a kicker who can make a FG period.

He also sent the game to OT. Good kicker.

I hate USC and want them to lose every game, but give them credit where credit is due. Kicker was awesome for them tonight.

AirWarren

Arkansas needs an up and comer like Tom Herman.....

010HogFan

Quote from: tusksincolorado on September 16, 2017, 11:46:14 pm
sarcasm....right?

No, I like him and know a bunch of people do. Maybe it's just because I'm young. I wish he would do NCAAT games again.

cosmodrum

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 16, 2017, 11:56:28 pm
No, I like him and know a bunch of people do. Maybe it's just because I'm young. I wish he would do NCAAT games again.

I loved Gus doing the NCAAT. I get why people don't like him, but I like the over-the-top enthusiasm. Often it lands on a dud play, but when it's big, it's awesome.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 16, 2017, 11:42:59 pm
USC acting like they just won the national championship, I would be walking back to the locker room with my head held down if I was #4 team in the country and just snuck out with a win at home vs Texas this year.

No one knows who the #4 team is, bc polls this early are incredibly dumb, and if the coach is doing his job, they arent focused on that. They were :45 away from a loss and stuck with it and got the win. They can hang their head when they watch missed assignments on film.

And that true frosh QB they have is a stud. At least, he looks the part, so far.
Go away, batin'

goodguytex

I have a cousin, huge texass fan, he just got on Facebook bragging about how texass fights and now they're back. Even though they lost.

It's people like that why I hate the whorns so freaking much. Even in a loss their arrogant fans get on your last nerve. Hard to decide who to for when it's texass against USC.

Inhogswetrust

September 17, 2017, 08:11:58 am #41 Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 09:33:03 am by Inhogswetrust
Let me guess. Based on the final score Texas lost big and fell apart in the second half.................well what do you know, OOPS sorry. They damn nearly won the game.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Dominicanhog

Quote from: goodguytex on September 17, 2017, 08:10:16 am
I have a cousin, huge texass fan, he just got on Facebook bragging about how texass fights and now they're back. Even though they lost.

It's people like that why I hate the whorns so freaking much. Even in a loss their arrogant fans get on your last nerve. Hard to decide who to for when it's texass against USC.

It's called morale victories... we can't even get those....

Dominicanhog

Quote from: AP85 on September 16, 2017, 11:55:07 pm
Arkansas needs an up and comer like Tom Herman.....

need to let it play out.. could also be the next Sumlin... One thing Charley did is recruit a tougher player and instilled some grit into a very soft Texas team.. Herman walked into a pretty good situation.....

onebadrubi

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 16, 2017, 09:23:07 pm
Defense not getting ANY help from the offense. Defense playing inspired but on the field WAY WAY too much.

Texas was having to start their true freshman backup because of an injury.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 17, 2017, 08:18:38 am
Texas was having to start their true freshman backup because of an injury.

And he played magnificently!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

FineAsSwine

Herman should send Strong a thank you note for leaving him all of those really good players. Texas is well stocked with talent on both sides of the ball.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 17, 2017, 10:10:13 am
Herman should send Strong a thank you note for leaving him all of those really good players. Texas is well stocked with talent on both sides of the ball.

lakecityhog

Texas has ALWAYS had the cream of the crop in Texas!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 17, 2017, 10:29:43 am
Texas has ALWAYS had the cream of the crop in Texas!

Yeah but some previous coaches recruited because of stars.. Charley had a specific type he was looking for.. hard nosed....