Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Started by Etowah, September 14, 2017, 02:29:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Etowah

In reading many posts, people have used 2015 as an example of why we should not panic about 1 loss.

I will say...2015, the ball, in the end, actually bounced our way more than not. 

After the A and M game that year, we were looking at being 1 and 3 and still had to play a highly touted Tennessee team, that just happened that year to have let several games and coughed them up...Auburn, Ole Miss...who had already defeated Alabama, and Alabama, and LSU.

I did not think we would win any of those games.  We only lost to Bama.

Granted, Tennessee had us on the ropes and coughed it up, Auburn was a slugfest, LSU's team fell apart, and there was the miracle v. Ole Miss.

Was that great coaching...or luck shining on our team?

We don't have nearly the hill to climb this year.

I think this is the easiest schedule BB has had since he came to Arkansas.  This team can definitely still get to 9 or 10 wins....I say no less than 9.

DeltaBoy

We will see!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

presidenthog

Quote from: Etowah on September 14, 2017, 02:29:48 pm
In reading many posts, people have used 2015 as an example of why we should not panic about 1 loss.

I will say...2015, the ball, in the end, actually bounced our way more than not. 

After the A and M game that year, we were looking at being 1 and 3 and still had to play a highly touted Tennessee team, that just happened that year to have let several games and coughed them up...Auburn, Ole Miss...who had already defeated Alabama, and Alabama, and LSU.

I did not think we would win any of those games.  We only lost to Bama.

Granted, Tennessee had us on the ropes and coughed it up, Auburn was a slugfest, LSU's team fell apart, and there was the miracle v. Ole Miss.

Was that great coaching...or luck shining on our team?

We don't have nearly the hill to climb this year.

I think this is the easiest schedule BB has had since he came to Arkansas.  This team can definitely still get to 9 or 10 wins....I say no less than 9.
I thought  this year would be similar to 2015. Its not. That 2015 team destroys this team.