Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Three SEC schools listed Chip Kelly sweepstakes

Started by Hoggie17, September 13, 2017, 01:35:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhames

You do realize the description about arkansas is tongue and check and actually making fun of people who believe it is possible, right?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hogsanity

Quote from: rhames on September 13, 2017, 01:39:28 pm
You do realize the description about arkansas is tongue and check and actually making fun of people who believe it is possible, right?

No way, man. Chip is coming, with Gruden as his DC and Pete Carrol as the OC. HE is also bringing an entire offense of grad tranfers.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

phadedhawg

Quote from: hogsanity on September 13, 2017, 01:43:41 pm
No way, man. Chip is coming, with Gruden as his DC and Pete Carrol as the OC. HE is also bringing an entire offense of grad tranfers.

Heck yes!

Hoggie17

AugustaHog

Why would Chip Kelly want to be at Arkansas?  Let's be real here.  He's going to be the "prettiest girl at the dance" when this whole thing shakes out.  He'll be able to pick his spot.  Why would he want to be in Fayetteville?  Don't get me wrong, it's a great place.  What truly separates that job from every other one?  Money?  Nah, lots of folks can fork out cash these days.  Facilities?  Nope, ours are really nice, but so are lots of other places.  It dang sure aint prestige.  We got lucky on Petrino because he wanted out of Atlanta so bad.  It just doesn't make sense that Kelly would sign on.  Obviously, you kick the tires and see, but we don't need to go all Gruden on this one.

GoHogs1091

Chip Kelly doesn't like to recruit.

Why would he come to a conference in which recruiting is #1 in level of importance in regards to fielding a high quality team.

He didn't have to really recruit at Oregon because of the Phil Knight funded facilities.

He may wait to see if Willie Taggart flames out at Oregon, and Kelly then just goes back to being the HC at Oregon.

Calling All Hogs

Unless Chip Kelly writes a letter to Jeff Long praising his integrity and begging for the job, Long won't even consider him even if CBB is let go. The only thing in our favor is that CKs agent might suggest the job just to be able to negotiate the deal of the century based on Long's past history as a negotiator.

HAWG MAFIA

Chip Kelly replaces Brian Kelley at Notre Dame, mark it down

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 13, 2017, 01:51:01 pm
Unless Chip Kelly writes a letter to Jeff Long praising his integrity and begging for the job, Long won't even consider him even if CBB is let go. The only thing in our favor is that CKs agent might suggest the job just to be able to negotiate the deal of the century based on Long's past history as a negotiator.

Funniest thing I've read all day.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: rhames on September 13, 2017, 01:39:28 pm

I'd like about 5 minutes alone with Forde to get an exact explanation as to what he is saying about Arkansas... I've been all over folks, and Tuscaloosa is like the bastard child of Birmingham, AL and Jackson, TN... There's talent there, but it's not Fayetteville as far as beauty. I promise you, once one of these coaches get's on TV and starts talking about Fayetteville the way Urban Meyer talks about wherever he is currently at, our recruiting can get better. Sell the whole area, not just the freaking school...

Someone has pretty easy time recruiting... http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/hogs-nab-top-three-recruiting-class-by-baseball-america/810547016
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 13, 2017, 02:31:43 pm
I'd like about 5 minutes alone with Forde to get an exact explanation as to what he is saying about Arkansas... I've been all over folks, and Tuscaloosa is like the bastard child of Birmingham, AL and Jackson, TN... There's talent there, but it's not Fayetteville as far as beauty. I promise you, once one of these coaches get's on TV and starts talking about Fayetteville the way Urban Meyer talks about wherever he is currently at, our recruiting can get better. Sell the whole area, not just the freaking school...

Someone has pretty easy time recruiting... http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/hogs-nab-top-three-recruiting-class-by-baseball-america/810547016

Baseball players pay their own way. Think privileged white kids for the most part. Stark contrast to a football roster.

Baum is the baseball palace of NCAA baseball also.

Apples to oranges.

sickboy

I don't think Chip Kelly is going to come to the SEC west. Dude just got beat up by the NFC west. He needs a surer bet to rebuild his brand.

Auburn, maybe. Because there's an infrastructure for winning there. But not A&M or Arkansas. Unless his ego is just massive.

codeHog

sickboy

Recruiting, as a whole, is mostly about program prestige. Van Horn and Arkansas baseball have more program prestige than our basketball and football program combined, right now. They've got one of the best stadiums in the country, in probably the best conference in the country, and have been to post season play the last sixteen years straight. We've sent lots of guys to the majors and some of them stars like Beni and Keuchel.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: sickboy on September 13, 2017, 02:52:47 pm
Recruiting, as a whole, is mostly about program prestige. Van Horn and Arkansas baseball have more program prestige than our basketball and football program combined, right now. They've got one of the best stadiums in the country, in probably the best conference in the country, and have been to post season play the last sixteen years straight. We've sent lots of guys to the majors and some of them stars like Beni and Keuchel.

Half the baseball team pays thousands of their yearly schooling costs out of pocket. How many big time football players are doing that?

factchecker

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 13, 2017, 02:57:14 pm
Half the baseball team pays thousands of their yearly schooling costs out of pocket. How many big time football players are doing that?

You can blame Title IX for that.

Universities are required to have an equal amount of scholarship money for men and women sports.  This puts baseball and other less-revenue sports at a disadvantage.  Olympic wrestling has been discontinued at some schools because of this problem.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

woodhog14

hogsanity

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 13, 2017, 02:57:14 pm

Even Benintendi only got 1/3 of a scholarship.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ShadowHawg

Quote from: factchecker on September 13, 2017, 03:04:33 pm
You can blame Title IX for that.

Universities are required to have an equal amount of scholarship money for men and women sports.  This puts baseball and other less-revenue sports at a disadvantage.  Olympic wrestling has been discontinued at some schools because of this problem.

Baseball was this way before Title IX. It is a sport that doesn't produce revenue most of the time.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

factchecker

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 13, 2017, 03:42:00 pm
I don't think Petersen coaches east of the Rockies ever again.

I think his kid has health issues and the doctor they see is in that area.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

sickboy

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 13, 2017, 03:44:18 pm
I'll be surprised if he leaves UW anytime soon.  There might be issues not visible to the general public, but -
Lot of money
Passionate fanbase
Commitment to winning
Beautiful area

Yeah, it was hard enough to get the guy to leave Boise.

I love Arkansas, but the Washington campus is ridiculous. I'd coach there in a millisecond.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sickboy on September 13, 2017, 02:52:47 pm

Tghey didn't when he got here... That's all I'm saying...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 13, 2017, 03:42:00 pm
I don't think Petersen coaches east of the Rockies ever again.

don't think he'll ever leave Washington.. why would he, he's about to become the big fish in the P12..

cosmodrum

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 13, 2017, 04:49:37 pm
don't think he'll ever leave Washington.. why would he, he's about to become the big fish in the P12..

absolutely
Go away, batin'

ShadowHawg

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 13, 2017, 04:26:05 pm
Tghey didn't when he got here... That's all I'm saying...

Totally different dynamics. Baseball is a get what you pay for thing for the players and their families.

Football is a get what you pay for thing to get the players.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 13, 2017, 01:47:25 pm
Chip Kelly doesn't like to recruit.

Why would he come to a conference in which recruiting is #1 in level of importance in regards to fielding a high quality team.

He didn't have to really recruit at Oregon because of the Phil Knight funded facilities.

He may wait to see if Willie Taggart flames out at Oregon, and Kelly then just goes back to being the HC at Oregon.

Where he had to recruit despite not liking it according to you.................Oregon has great facilities but it isn't exactly a recruiting hot bed in the state.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ChicoHog

Kelly had the perfect storm at Oregon also.  A good roster left by Belotti, the trendy uniforms that exploded due to social media and Nike marketing and USC on a downturn, UW not very good, etc.,  He is a lot like Petrino personality wise but I think BP is the better in game coach and X's and O's guy.  Kelly only knows one way to play vs Petrino can adapt many styles.  Both are not good recruiters.  Both are pretty much pricks also!  And Kelly cheated!

Dick Swineberg

It's Charles Edward Kelly....CEK going forward. Thank you.

HardCore

Quote from: hogsanity on September 13, 2017, 01:43:41 pm

Sweet!  I'll buy the good stuff to celebrate that!
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

hoghearted

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 13, 2017, 01:51:01 pm

You don't post nearly enough.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

codeHog

Saban 2007
Mullen 2009
Sumlin 2012
Bielema-B.Jones--Stoops--Malzahn 2013

Saban has run off a lot of coaches :) If Freeze was there the West would have only had Miles leave in the last few years but the East has Jones and Stoops as the long timers (same 5 years as Bielema)

3kgthog

Quote from: HAWG MAFIA on September 13, 2017, 01:59:10 pm
Chip Kelly replaces Brian Kelley at Notre Dame, mark it down

That would make sense. Right about the time they fall onto our schedule they'll be rolling again. Isn't that usually how Hog luck works with regard to scheduling misfortune?

Dominicanhog

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 14, 2017, 03:12:00 am
That would make sense. Right about the time they fall onto our schedule they'll be rolling again. Isn't that usually how Hog luck works with regard to scheduling misfortune?

So your saying ND is bad now?  Think we'd beat em?

Roctavious

Chip Kelly doesn't build programs. He inherited a winning one. One that ran fairly well for at least 3 seasons after he left. IF he has a choice, he's going to step into one that's rolling or not far removed from it.