Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

U of Bye Vs Arkansas

Started by BigBrandonAllenFan, September 13, 2017, 08:44:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBrandonAllenFan

I'm picking U of Bye by a score of 21-3 over the hapless Pigs.  :'(

Pigs get a 55 yard field goal as time expires to prevent the shut out.  Cole redeems and gets carried off the field on the shoulders of his head coach.

I'm a big Cole Hedlund fan, seriously.  The rest of the team, (except for the one player that did give him a tap on the helmet), should be ashamed of themselves.  Like they did any better than Cole.  Lol.  And the coaching staff performed worse than all.

Jackrabbit Hog

A few years ago I did a game thread on bye week.  Thought it might draw a few posts and it ended up going 5 or 6 pages.  We ended up losing at the very end.

Maybe somebody could do that again Saturday.  I'll be in Dallas.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

NuttinItUp

BigBrandonAllenFan

If Beilema is any man at all, he will give Cole Hedlund another shot. 

If it had actually cost Arkansas the game, I could understand Beilema quietly moving on to the number two kicker.  But given the way he verbally hung Cole with a short rope in the town square when the team's and coach's performance were as bad as they were, Beilema is the one that needs redemption at this poiont, and the only way he gets it is showing some confidence in Cole. 

I don't see Beilema benching anyone else that graded out poorly, and there was a team full of them that failed the grade.  I saw Ragnow play well on offense, that was about it.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Did anyone see who the player was that actually gave Cole a tap on the helmet after his second miss?  I've checked the highlights and they cut it short of that tap.

cosmodrum

Pigs?

Just say "Arky," too, dammit.
Go away, batin'

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 13, 2017, 10:20:54 am
Pigs?

Just say "Arky," too, dammit.

Pigs... Like in Wooooo Pigs Sooie.

Tusks

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 13, 2017, 10:29:02 am
Pigs... Like in Wooooo Pigs Sooie.

what?  have I been calling the hogs wrong since the 60's?

I thought it was wooooo PIG soooie

Who else knew and didn't tell me.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

RME

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 13, 2017, 09:47:59 am

If it had actually cost Arkansas the game, I could understand Beilema quietly moving on to the number two kicker.  But given the way he verbally hung Cole with a short rope in the town square when the team's and coach's performance were as bad as they were, Beilema is the one that needs redemption at this poiont, and the only way he gets it is showing some confidence in Cole. 

I don't see Beilema benching anyone else that graded out poorly, and there was a team full of them that failed the grade.  I saw Ragnow play well on offense, that was about it.

Oh my God.

BigBrandonAllenFan

September 13, 2017, 10:49:33 am #9 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:09:06 am by BigBrandonAllenFan
Quote from: tusked on September 13, 2017, 10:31:23 am

Well one of us has been calling them wrong since the 60's.  We need clarification so we  can all get on the same page and get it right.  That's probably why we lost.  They didn't appear to respond to either one though last Saturday.  Sometimes pigs just ain't very hungry I guess, no matter which way you call them.

BigBrandonAllenFan

jgphillips3

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 13, 2017, 10:32:06 am
Oh my God.

If Cole Hedlund ever trots out to kick a field goal again, we need to burn CBB's ride this time.

hobhog

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 13, 2017, 09:47:59 am

Not sure you'd want to do that to the kid. Not sure I could watch.

DeltaBoy

Bye knocks out Allen for the rest of the year and Kelly goes out and wins 10 straight.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RME

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 13, 2017, 11:12:37 am
If Cole Hedlund ever trots out to kick a field goal again, we need to burn CBB's ride this time.

Careful --- that statement might trigger BigBrandonAllenFan.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 13, 2017, 11:14:06 am
Bye knocks out Allen for the rest of the year and Kelly goes out and wins 10 straight.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Now there is a synopsis.

Great wit.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 13, 2017, 11:12:37 am

Headline: Tough, Anonymous Message Board Poster Makes Serious Conditional Threat Against Victim's Vehicle  ;D
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 13, 2017, 11:15:44 am
Careful --- that statement might trigger BigBrandonAllenFan.

I miss that red truck.

RME

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 13, 2017, 11:14:06 am

So we lose the SEC Championship or bowl game?

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 13, 2017, 11:21:26 am
Headline: Tough, Anonymous Message Board Poster Makes Serious Conditional Threat Against Victim's Vehicle  ;D

Subsequent headline:  Cole Hedlund misses last second game winning 23 yard field goal attempt against Texas A&M.  Unidentifiable vehicle found melted into the pavement in at Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport.  Bret Beilema can't find his truck.

jgphillips3

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 13, 2017, 11:30:39 am
Take the under.

Vegas has the current over/under listed at 6 1/2 points.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: hobhog on September 13, 2017, 11:13:50 am
Not sure you'd want to do that to the kid. Not sure I could watch.

I'd give him another chance after he was publicly trashed by his coach.

You never know.  Cole may go Ish Ordonez on everybody's @ss and hit his next 15 in a row.

BigBrandonAllenFan

jgphillips3

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 13, 2017, 11:49:20 am
I'd give him another chance after he was publicly trashed by his coach.

You never know.  Cole may go Ish Ordonez on everybody's @ss and hit his next 15 in a row.

I don't want his scholarship pulled or anything, I just don't ever want to see him in the game again for field goals.  He's been okay on extra points but for whatever reason, he's pretty horrible at field goals.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 13, 2017, 12:02:57 pm
I don't want his scholarship pulled or anything, I just don't ever want to see him in the game again for field goals.  He's been okay on extra points but for whatever reason, he's pretty horrible at field goals.

When hog villians talk about trying a new QB, you hear people here often say, "Well he is the best we've  got".  Even though no one else has been given a shot.  Why does the same sentiment not apply to the place kicker? If Cole is the best in practice, then it stands to reason he is the best we've got. 

Why the obvious double standard?  I'm confused.  Oh yeah, I forgot, Cole Hedlund's dad isn't on the U of A staff.  Nevermind, I'm not confused.

RME

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 13, 2017, 03:04:58 pm
When hog villians talk about trying a new QB, you hear people here often say, "Well he is the best we've  got".  Even though no one else has been given a shot.  Why does the same sentiment not apply to the place kicker? If Cole is the best in practice, then it stands to reason he is the best we've got. 

Why the obvious double standard?  I'm confused.  Oh yeah, I forgot, Cole Hedlund's dad isn't on the U of A staff.  Nevermind, I'm not confused.

You're comparing a kicker's duties to those of a quarterback. That's all that needs to be said.

Well, also worth noting is that you're a "big Brandon Allen fan," but you bring up having a dad on the staff? Huh.

factchecker

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 13, 2017, 03:07:46 pm
Well, also worth noting is that you're a "big Brandon Allen fan," but you bring up having a dad on the staff? Huh.

You didn't know?  Brandon is only in the NFL because his dad is paying the league to keep him on a roster.

Gotta love our tinfoil hat fans.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

al_pigcino

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 13, 2017, 12:02:57 pm
lol Nothing like college getting people ready for the real world.  If you've had one job for 3 years and you still can't do it, pull the scholarship. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 13, 2017, 11:24:27 am
So we lose the SEC Championship or bowl game?

We win it all but Kelly never wins more that 7 games a season the rest of his career.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BigBrandonAllenFan

You're comparing a kicker's duties to those of a quarterback. That's all that needs to be said.

And the QB has lead the team to a 1-4 record in his last 5 starts. The lone win coming against an fcs college. Talk about getting real.

factchecker

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 13, 2017, 03:26:39 pm
And the QB has lead the team to a 1-4 record in his last 5 starts. The lone win coming against an fcs college. Talk about getting real.

Damn, you already proven that you don't know darn about football.  Who the hell compares a kicker to a quarterback?

No you've proven that you can't even get the facts straight.

2-3

Mississippi State = WIN
Missouri = LOSS
Va Tech = LOSS
FAMU = WIN
TCU = LOSS
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RME

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 13, 2017, 03:26:39 pm

Welp, that's just straight up wrong.

Here's a scenario for you:

Player 1 responsibilities: Kickoffs. Kick field goals.
Player 2 responsibilities: Know the offense better than any other player. Read defenses. Lead the team. Make the throws. Change the play at the line. Call out defenders. Focal point of the offense. Touches the ball every play. Study film. Be the face of the program.

One of these players also sets the other one up to do his job.

Which player is easier to replace? Lemme know.

MountieDawg

Guarantee the Hogs don't score in the 2nd half!
SEC!

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: MountieDawg on September 13, 2017, 03:35:43 pm
Guarantee the Hogs don't score in the 2nd half!

Which is the reason why we are 1-4 in the last 5 games.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: tusked on September 13, 2017, 10:31:23 am

I heard it as Ow!uh..Wooo Pig sooie.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

pigz

Anyone know what channel this is going to be on?
You guys have a good time frig dancing

factchecker

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 13, 2017, 04:15:55 pm
Which is the reason why we are 1-4 in the last 5 games.

Double down on the stupid.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: pigz on September 13, 2017, 04:26:24 pm
Anyone know what channel this is going to be on?

Yes.  Channel 0.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 13, 2017, 03:33:50 pm
Welp, that's just straight up wrong.

Here's a scenario for you:

Player 1 responsibilities: Kickoffs. Kick field goals.
Player 2 responsibilities: Know the offense better than any other player. Read defenses. Lead the team. Make the throws. Change the play at the line. Call out defenders. Focal point of the offense. Touches the ball every play. Study film. Be the face of the program.

One of these players also sets the other one up to do his job.

Which player is easier to replace? Lemme know.

I'll give it a shot>

Player 2 responsibilities:

"Know the offense better than any other player.">  I assume you are talking about Frank Ragnow.

"Read defenses."> Didn't know we had anyone doing that.

"Lead the team."> Read his lips, "Run the fk'n route".  Great leader.

"Make the throws."> 15 yards or less, not bad.  Down field, where is Bob Hayes when you need him?

"Change the play at the line.">  When did that happen?

"Call out defenders.">  Out where?  :-\

"Focal point of the offense.">  What offense?

"Touches the ball every play.">  Good job of nailing the problem.  ;)

"Study film.">  Slept in class, failed the test.

"Be the face of the program.">  Again, read his lips... "Run the fk'n route."  Nice face for the program.

"One of these players sets the other one up to do his job.">  Laces out, Dan!

factchecker

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 13, 2017, 05:41:01 pm

You do realize that Austin doesn't hold the ball for fieldgoals/extra points..... right?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BigBrandonAllenFan

I am a big Brandon Allen fan.  Period.  What does that have to do with his kin folks?

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: factchecker on September 13, 2017, 03:31:51 pm
Damn, you already proven that you don't know darn about football.  Who the hell compares a kicker to a quarterback?

No you've proven that you can't even get the facts straight.

2-3

Mississippi State = WIN
Missouri = LOSS
Va Tech = LOSS
FAMU = WIN
TCU = LOSS

Gotta keep you on your toes.

How about a record of 3-8 in the last 11 games against FBS opponents?  Check that one.  That is John L Smith stuff.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

If I was the coach and was going to out someone it would've been #28. I seen him intentionally go the opposite way to not make a tackle. Cole's misses weren't intentional his were.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: factchecker on September 13, 2017, 05:53:03 pm
You do realize that Austin doesn't hold the ball for fieldgoals/extra points..... right?

And I am the bad guy for publicly roasting a 47 y/o coach who publicly roasted his 19 year old player, and furthermore pointing out the 3-8 record against FBS opponents that the QB has lead the team to.  I mean he was tagged as the "team leader" right here in this thread, and not by me.

Gotcha.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on September 13, 2017, 06:14:28 pm
If I was the coach and was going to out someone it would've been #28. I seen him intentionally go the opposite way to not make a tackle. Cole's misses weren't intentional his were.

Probably something to do with Las Vegas.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 13, 2017, 06:11:12 pm
Gotta keep you on your toes.

How about a record of 3-8 in the last 11 games against FBS opponents?  Check that one.  That is John L Smith stuff.

factchecker

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 13, 2017, 06:11:12 pm

2016 vs. FBS

TCU = WIN

Last 11 vs. FBS programs
1. Texas State = WIN (Texas State is a FBS program dumbass but even if you don't count them the win vs. TCU still yields the same result)
2. AnM = LOSS
3. BAMA = LOSS
4. Ole Miss = WIN
5. Auburn = LOSS
6. Florida = WIN
7. LSU = LOSS
8. Mississippi State = WIN
9. Missouri = LOSS
10. Va Tech = LOSS

2017 vs. FBS

11. TCU = LOSS

4-7 not 3-8
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RME

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 13, 2017, 05:41:01 pm
I'll give it a shot>

Player 2 responsibilities:

"Know the offense better than any other player.">  I assume you are talking about Frank Ragnow.

"Read defenses."> Didn't know we had anyone doing that.

"Lead the team."> Read his lips, "Run the fk'n route".  Great leader.

"Make the throws."> 15 yards or less, not bad.  Down field, where is Bob Hayes when you need him?

"Change the play at the line.">  When did that happen?

"Call out defenders.">  Out where?  :-\

"Focal point of the offense.">  What offense?

"Touches the ball every play.">  Good job of nailing the problem.  ;)

"Study film.">  Slept in class, failed the test.

"Be the face of the program.">  Again, read his lips... "Run the fk'n route."  Nice face for the program.

You didn't answer my question. Which one is easier to replace?

RME