Previous topic - Next topic

Will we beat the Aggies?

Yes
130 (38%)
No
212 (62%)

Total Members Voted: 340

NuttinItUp

Battle of the coaches trying to save their job.

Do we win for the first time in 6 years or no?

NaturalStateReb

It's entirely possible.  They looked very bad against Nicholls.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Hoggie17

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Jackrabbit Hog

For whatever reason Sumlin's got Bielema's number.  I see us having another lousy second half in Jerry World and losing by a field goal (either made by A&M or missed by us).
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

BigBrandonAllenFan

jkstock04

I actually do think it is possible we win this game. But I don't feel comfortable saying one way or another.

What you have are two teams reeling badly. One factor is Sumlins seat is hotter. Unlike here, they have actual winning expectations at A&M...the trustee calling him out on social media was interesting. Bielema knows he's most likely safe this year with the buyout, so looking at short term Sumlin is the one REALLY coaching for his job here.

If they lose to us does he make it through Sunday still the A&M coach? I say no. I think A&M/Sumlin will have the edge on overall motivation to win. Will that make enough difference to beat us? Guess we will see...they suck something terrible right now, especially on offense. I could see our defense all but shut them down.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RazorPiggie

I picked no. They have a really good running back and TCU moved the ball pretty well when running.

EastexHawg

Unless they turn the position over to Hubenak and he flourishes they have no QB.  When you have no QB you have no offense and you're trying to win 10-7 games or get a defensive score or two to get to 17 or maybe 20.  Mond is abysmal.  Sumlin lost the UCLA game because he insisted on playing him exclusively when Starkel went out with his injury.

This is by far the worst A&M team we will have faced since the series resumed in 2009.

All that is to say that the jury is out.  I'd say it is a coin flip game.

go hogues

We got whooped by TCU in front of a packed home crowd on RRS opening day...we're not beating A&M on the road.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Großer Kriegschwein

I can see both defenses taking away the run from each other. Low scoring affair until the 4th Quarter when our defense is gassed.

I hope I'm wrong, but feel we'll lose this

14-10

Bret cries in the press conference.
This is my non-signature signature.

davglo35

A&M is very physical. They haven't played like it except for the first 3 qtrs against UCLA. I think they will push our O line around and put pressure on AA. Same result as TCU.

hogcard1964

Yes

They're not good.

...at anything.

Grag T

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on September 13, 2017, 08:51:08 am
For whatever reason Sumlin's got Bielema's number.  I see us having another lousy second half in Jerry World and losing by a field goal (either made by A&M or missed by us).

I have to go with this.  A&M sucking doesn't mean that much because they always seem to play their best against us every season.  Look great against Arkansas, then suck ass every week after.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

HoggieStyle

I don't think so. From what I've seen, our coaching staff doesn't know how to fix what's wrong.

Assuming they actually know what's wrong...

That said, A&M has looked like crap.

Push.

hoghiker

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 13, 2017, 09:10:58 am
Yes

They're not good.

...at anything.
Not to be a naysayer but that description sounds like us. One of us is going to the losers bracket.

hogcard1964

Quote from: hoghiker on September 13, 2017, 09:15:18 am
Not to be a naysayer but that description sounds like us. One of us is going to the losers bracket.

We're balanced on offense.  We just have to run more to set up the pass only when needed.  I think we could have two of the better backs in the SEC.

TNhawgfan

No, neither team has a good coach, which means it will come down to who has more talent. If tcu has more talent than us, then i know a + m does
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

I see a low scoring game, sloppy and full of miscues and mistakes. Who ever screws up the most loses in a close one. Coin flip imo

Hoggish1

Quote from: rhames on September 13, 2017, 08:47:58 am
We will beat them.

I would agree.  If we can't beat them this year, I'm very sorry to say that CBB must go.

Pecos Hog

It could get ugly.   One team will likely have a 2nd half meltdown.     Both teams have had their share of that.    But the Aggies will likely rule this day.    Sumlin will be gone if he loses. 

Hogdomer

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 13, 2017, 08:55:20 am
Unless they turn the position over to Hubenak and he flourishes they have no QB.  When you have no QB you have no offense and you're trying to win 10-7 games or get a defensive score or two to get to 17 or maybe 20.  Mond is abysmal.  Sumlin lost the UCLA game because he insisted on playing him exclusively when Starkel went out with his injury.

This is by far the worst A&M team we will have faced since the series resumed in 2009.

All that is to say that the jury is out.  I'd say it is a coin flip game.

The 2009 team we destroyed was worse than this year's team.  Williams the running back and Christian Kirk are as good as we will see all year.

Hogdomer

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 13, 2017, 09:19:43 am
We're balanced on offense.  We just have to run more to set up the pass only when needed.  I think we could have two of the better backs in the SEC.

Who?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 13, 2017, 08:41:22 am
Battle of the coaches trying to save their job.

Do we win for the first time in 6 years or no?

Yes they are not as good as they seem on TV!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

jgphillips3

I believe that we will.  I think Sumlin's team is in even more disarray than ours.  I also think it's the only SEC game we should win, but there are a couple of could wins.  If we lose to that dumpster fire, he ain't surviving much longer.

phadedhawg

They play Louisiana Lafayette on Saturday.  LLU can score some points and Texas A&M can't.  Might get interesting. 

Until we finally beat Texas A&M, I will never assume that we will.  It makes me feel foolish to tell anyone that Arkansas can go down to Jerrys World and get a victory.   

Dirty

Is Chelsea Clinton Hot?

NO!

DoctorSusscrofa

Whenever our fans become certain a coach and team will win and head for a national championship, we lose. Whenever our fans are certain a coach and team are inept, headed for an all-defeated season and the hated coach will be run out of town on rails, we beat somebody and it spoils our plans.

I voted we win, just because nothing ever goes according to plan when your plan involves the Hogs.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Al Boarland

It's possible, but they are more talented. I'll stick with the more talented team.

Al Boarland

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 13, 2017, 09:10:58 am
Yes

They're not good.

...at anything.

What have we been good at to date?

Hogwild

This will be the worse A&M team that we have faced this decade, and we have a bye week prior to the game.  We need to win this game, the aggies will be our easiest SEC matchup until Black Friday.

roothawg

HawgTrough

No way. We'll lose a nail biter
WPS

Razor1997

A&M is a huge dumpster fire.

If Bret doesn't beat them this year, he never will.

smb

Quote from: HoggieStyle on September 13, 2017, 09:14:48 am
I don't think so. From what I've seen, our coaching staff doesn't know how to fix what's wrong.

Assuming they actually know what's wrong...

That said, A&M has looked like crap.

Push.
Like this explanation.
GeorgiaHOG

HotlantaHog

Texas A&M is pretty awful this year.

My prediction is Arkansas wins, and Hogville celebrates -- and people come out of the woodwork to blast the CBB critics .... only to be followed by a South Carolina loss, so we repeat the cycle.

Wildhog

TAMU is really, really bad.

So there's a chance we can hang with them.  I certainly wouldn't put any money on it, though.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The Hawg Marshal

I hope we win ,but Mentalow says "no".

GuvHog

TCU is a much better team than A&M and the Hogs should have beaten the Horned Frogs.

If the Hogs can improve the passing game to where A&M has to respect it and not load the box, I believe a Hog win in Arlington is a good possibility.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Sed76

Bielema hasn't figured out how to beat them yet, doubt seriously he is going to suddenly figure it out. I look for another game we have a chance to win yet figure out a way to lose just furthering our spiral.

razoredge178

I don't think Sumlin is playing for his job- I think he's done W or L.

codeHog

Most insulting thing a Hog fan can hear is "The A&M game is Bielema's biggest and he knows it"

What does that mean? Does it mean he will try harder? Does it mean he will concentrate more?
He should be fired if he does anything different for A&M than he did for TCU. Why say the Aggies game is more important than TCU? 
Does it mean he could have done more to beat TCU than he did?

MJ2

Ragnar Hogbrok

If we don't, I may not watch another game this season.

Yes I will.  Who am I kidding?  I'm a glutton for punishment.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Bebop

Win or lose, we need a change at the helm.

NuttinItUp

I am surprised that roughly 2/3 are answering "no". I would have thought it would have been flipped.

Bubba's Bruisers

Given our history against Sumlin, given Sumlin's seat is hotter than BB's, given how we've look so far...nope.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hogcard1964

Quote from: HotlantaHog on September 13, 2017, 12:03:30 pm
Texas A&M is pretty awful this year.

My prediction is Arkansas wins, and Hogville celebrates -- and people come out of the woodwork to blast the CBB critics .... only to be followed by a South Carolina loss, so we repeat the cycle.

Don't we have Pale Caucasian Boys of New Mexico St. after A & M?

bondhue

September 13, 2017, 07:11:03 pm #49 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 08:05:01 pm by bondhue
Battle of coaches trying to lose their jobs.  Two teams reeling.  Whoever make fewer mistakes than they made last week probably wins.  Except if they both make the same number as last week, in which case it ends in a tie.  We're balanced on offense, we can neither throw nor run.  One of the teams has no QB.  We'll know which one after this game.  They are not good at anything.  Surely we are good at something.  We have cuter cheerleaders.  It could get ugly . . . in the first quarter.  By the 4th quarter it would scare my wife into pants labeled "small."  I might have to push her eyes back in with a spoon.  They are not as good as seen on tv.  They're like a shamwow commercial.  One of the coaches may not survive the game.  Literally.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.