Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buyout

Started by Hoggie17, September 13, 2017, 06:51:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Swestwill66

Isn't the money for Bret' s contract in the razorback foundation Now? Whether buying him out or paying the years left on his contract?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on September 13, 2017, 06:20:08 pm
Sure, any amount he earns elsewhere is deducted from the buyout.

If he is canned at the end of the season is the 15 million owed in a lump sum or over the remaining years of the contract ?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Swestwill66 on September 13, 2017, 09:30:46 pm
Isn't the money for Bret' s contract in the razorback foundation Now? Whether buying him out or paying the years left on his contract?

Possibly. However, when you fire a coach, you also need another (new) coach to take his place. When a coach is not fired for cause, you are essentially paying for two coaches. (the one you just fired + the new one)

When Petrino was fired, it was for cause, so we didn't have to pay him anything, which allowed us a little more financial flexibility.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 13, 2017, 10:32:07 pm
If he is canned at the end of the season is the 15 million owed in a lump sum or over the remaining years of the contract ?

1) If he were fired at the end of the season, they would most likely wait until January 1 to fire him, which would decrease the buyout from $15.4 million to $11.7 million.

2) It is paid over the remaining length of the contract. (currently through 2020)  If he accepts another position somewhere, the amount due is decreased by the amount he makes at the new place.

AFWarrior83

Arkansas is stuck with Bielema folks. We're not going to fire him as long as there's a buyout. Jeff Long screwed up, and now we're stuck with a mediocre coach till at least 2020. We would be stupid to pay millions of dollars to fire a coach. We're just gonna have to settle for crap until we can part ways and find a young up and comer coach and give him a chance.

The only way to get rid of Bielema earlier is to make him feel miserable. Stress him out bad enough that he quits. Good luck at having success doing that though, he's making multi millions per year, so I doubt he is going to give that up easily.
Hogville member since 2005.

Hoggie17

CBB says he loves the Hogs, loves our state and loves the fans. If that is true he should step down at the end of the season.  He is to proud to admit he is not up to job at Arkansas, so it could be for example health reasons or to spend more time with the family. He should announce his retirement by  November the 15, no later that December 1.

It is clear that he is not a fit for Arkansas, he knows and fans with with 101 knowledge of football know it. He should not wear out his welcome, we have given him plenty of time, but enough is enough.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 14, 2017, 12:52:31 am
1) If he were fired at the end of the season, they would most likely wait until January 1 to fire him, which would decrease the buyout from $15.4 million to $11.7 million.

2) It is paid over the remaining length of the contract. (currently through 2020)  If he accepts another position somewhere, the amount due is decreased by the amount he makes at the new place.

So how much will we gain in revenue playing in RRS instead of WMS ? Sounds to me like we're not really gonna be screwed too much firing him either in Nov or Jan. Letting him stay in 2018 is gonna cost millions in ticket sales and foundation dues

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 13, 2017, 10:32:07 pm

Monthly, due the last day of every month until Dec 31, 2020.

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 14, 2017, 06:52:41 am
So how much will we gain in revenue playing in RRS instead of WMS ? Sounds to me like we're not really gonna be screwed too much firing him either in Nov or Jan. Letting him stay in 2018 is gonna cost millions in ticket sales and foundation dues

Long isn't going to let him sign a recruiting class in Dec, as of today, all of our commits have said they will sign in the early period, and then fire him. Folks, he's either canned on the Monday after Thanksgiving, or 100% here for 2018.

ricepig

Quote from: Swestwill66 on September 13, 2017, 09:30:46 pm

No, they're waiting on you to make your donation, please hurry because at the end of this thread, the offer no longer exists........

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2017, 07:07:22 am
Long isn't going to let him sign a recruiting class in Dec, as of today, all of our commits have said they will sign in the early period, and then fire him. Folks, he's either canned on the Monday after Thanksgiving, or 100% here for 2018.

I want Long gone way before we fire Bielema. Fire Long yesterday  >:(

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 14, 2017, 07:40:51 am
I want Long gone way before we fire Bielema. Fire Long yesterday  >:(

You'll need to get Fanny mad enough she is ready to leave, outside of that, I don't see the current administration cutting him loose.