• 381,038 Topics
• 21,245 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting perspective on DWRRS from TCU fans  (Read 3985 times)

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
Re: Interesting perspective on DWRRS from TCU fans
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2017, 07:36:20 am »

Lol. Just another example of people outside of Arkansas not being impressed with something here that we Arkansans are. All that talk about DWRRS and how awful WMS and LR is, and TCU fans are S#!+ing  on DWRRS.

Sucks, huh..?

IronHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • AIMED AT YOU!
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2017, 07:36:53 am »

ALL of my family and friends would prove you wrong. You come on here and constantly prove you're not a Hog fan and geographically filled with hatred. We get it. Time to go away and troll elsewhere.

Truth hurts sometimes.

NWA arrogance has a lot to do with the decline of Arkansas football

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

AP85

• Hogvillian
  • SEC.....you'll float too......
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2017, 09:05:40 am »

RRS is nice, but I haven't been to all that many road games over the years and I have probably been to 10 stadiums that were nicer, larger and had a better game experience. For the size and wealth of our state, we have a nice stadium. But it doesn't rank anywhere near the top nationally IMO. Razorback fans on the other hand rank in the top 10 as passionate fan bases go IMO. I have seen some more fired up at games (Ohio State and LSU for example) but not many.

On the other hand the NWA wine and cheese crowd overall is a negative IMO. They are somewhat arrogant in my experience and are not as devoted as fans in other parts of the state. That's why they don't travel to LR for games any more. I had some tell me they are not going to drive 2 hours for a home game and I have also heard a lot of negative comments about the neighborhood WMS is located in. Some NWA fans have told me they don't want to drive into the hood for a game. Lots of negativity and class judgement from some of the NWA fans that has been detrimental to the football program overall IMO.

Spot on.

1highhog

• 1964, the year of the hog.
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2017, 12:36:24 pm »

I was in California this summer and a park attendant didn't know where Minnesota was.  "That's just above Texas, right?"  That's not a reflection on Minnesota.  That's a reflection on stupid people.

So then they sign up for the minimum 2-year commitment and get pissed when they have to leave and go back to some place far worse...and now they know it.

Every once in a great while I'll watch Jimmy Kimmel and he'll send out someone on the street to ask random people geography questions or who George Washington was or Abraham Lincoln, most will not know who they were or that they were U.S Presidents.  California has to have the most brain dead people in the whole United States.

streitenberger

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2017, 02:20:42 pm »

As a state, we are still considered a laughingstock by national standards using just about every metric, despite the quality of life in NWA...  having racked up close to 10 million miles in the air and hearing various peoples' opinion on the state of Arkansas , let's not go down that road

AP85

• Hogvillian
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2017, 02:48:21 pm »

As a state, we are still considered a laughingstock by national standards using just about every metric, despite the quality of life in NWA...  having racked up close to 10 million miles in the air and hearing various peoples' opinion on the state of Arkansas , let's not go down that road

Good post.

WizardofhOgZ

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2017, 02:48:26 pm »

I read their thread, and while I think it is mostly accurate - from their limited (sample size: 1 game) perspective - I also think it was more unfortunate timing than anything.

Consider that, as we all experienced (or read about), this particular game had probably the poorest vendor performance of any game in recent memory.  For whatever reason that happened, it dramatically influenced the perception of the concourse size and traffic.  Having attended dozens of games at DWRRS since the expansion in 2001, I can say that I have never felt as "claustrophobic" as last Saturday.  This will get fixed, sooner than later.

Also, once the NEZ complex is open (next year) we will, for the first time, have the ability for fans to circumnavigate the entire stadium in either direction.  As we all know, right now, if you're in the northern end of either side (East or West) and need to go to the other side, you need to go ALL the way around through the SEZ to get there - a major pain in the arse!  That won't be the case after this season.

Another thing - vendor problems aside, a lot of the nicer areas to get food and eat are currently in the SEZ - which is a long way from where most of the TCU fans were seated (on the north end of the east side).  I suspect many TCU fans never made it over that far, due to the previously mentioned extreme concourse congestion.  Next year, there will be similar areas in the ground level of the NEZ, which will ease congestion in ALL concession areas.

Bottom line - through no fault of their own, the Froggies just came at the worst time possible w/regard to experiencing our Stadium environment.  However, I doubt they care all that much, given that they went home with a nice "W".

factchecker

• All-American Hogvillian
  • RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2017, 02:50:27 pm »

We don't have the population around us to recruit at a high level. More NWA grows more opportunities we have.

I agree.

NWA succeeds because of the tremendous support they provide their schools.  The facilities, coaching staffs, and teaching in NWA is amazing.  Fayetteville alone has been sending a ton of student athletes to go play football, basketball, and baseball for division 1 schools - many for other SEC programs.

Other parts of the state are lucky to get their get students to graduate and get a job at the local gas station or paper mill.

go hogues

• You're at an eight but we need you at a two.
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2017, 03:31:29 pm »

Concerning the long concession lines: I couldn't believe the new vendors had never worked a game before?! WTH? Why is the UA cutting so many corners on these things?

Concerning the arrogant posts about NWA not measuring up to big cities like Dallas: I live in the metroplex and it is the most bland, anonymous major urban area in the United States. Don't ever let anyone from here tell you otherwise. Compared to NWA, it has the same activities to choose from: eating and shopping. Because of its size, it just has more to choose from. It can't touch the NWA region in terms of outdoor activities.

go hogues

• You're at an eight but we need you at a two.
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2017, 03:38:10 pm »

I agree.

NWA succeeds because of the tremendous support they provide their schools.  The facilities, coaching staffs, and teaching in NWA is amazing.  Fayetteville alone has been sending a ton of student athletes to go play football, basketball, and baseball for division 1 schools - many for other SEC programs.

Other parts of the state are lucky to get their get students to graduate and get a job at the local gas station or paper mill.
For someone who solely uses Hogville as a pulpit to chastise hyperbole, I'm disappointed in ya, FACTchecker.

IronHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • AIMED AT YOU!
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2017, 03:44:27 pm »

I agree.

Per capital and per dollar NWA does poorly

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2017, 03:49:31 pm »

Per capital and per dollar NWA does poorly

Per capital?

Do you mean per capita?

If NWA is doing poorly then what kind of awful is the rest of the state doing?

IronHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • AIMED AT YOU!
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2017, 03:52:07 pm »

Per capital?

Do you mean per capita?

Rest of the state has been sucked dry.  NWA has no excuse

Michael D Huff AIA

• Varsity
  • Calling the Hogs since 1974.
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2017, 03:56:37 pm »

I agree.

Ole Miss has out-recruited us in the past.  To Oxford, MS.  Freaking OXFORD.  Population 23,290.  (albeit with illegal means at times)
Auburn always out-recruits us.  To Auburn, AL.  Population 63,118.
LSU always out-recruits us.  To Baton Rouge.  Have you been to Baton Rouge?
Clemson won a National Championship.  Clemson, SC, population 16,058
Mississippi State is ranked ahead of us in the 2017 recruiting class...from StarkVegas.
Fayetteville has 83,826 population in a metro region of almost a half-million.  Named best place to live in the United States.

My point is that it's not really about where your school is.  IMHO it's about who is running your football team and how many athletes your state/region produces that determine success in recruiting. 

LSU has 69 players from LA.  LA is 2nd in producing D1 talent per 100,000 population.
Miss. St. has 54 from MS.  MS is 4th in producing D1 talent.
Clemson has 41 players on their roster from SC, but another 17 from Georgia. (Atlanta is not far away.)  SC is 13th in D1 talent. (GA is 3rd)
Arkansas has 45 from Arkansas, but AR is 17th, one place ahead of New Jersey and two ahead of Utah.

Fayetteville might be beautiful to those that have been lived there or gone to school there, but if you can't get the recruits to go there...

IronHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • AIMED AT YOU!
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2017, 04:15:43 pm »

Oxford is a better place to recruit to.......

Football players anyway.

AP85

• Hogvillian
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2017, 04:16:26 pm »

Per capital?

Do you mean per capita?

Guess what. You're still Arkansas up there.

You're still laughed at like the rest of the state.

AP85

• Hogvillian
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2017, 04:19:52 pm »

Ole Miss has out-recruited us in the past.  To Oxford, MS.  Freaking OXFORD.  Population 23,290.  (albeit with illegal means at times)
Auburn always out-recruits us.  To Auburn, AL.  Population 63,118.
LSU always out-recruits us.  To Baton Rouge.  Have you been to Baton Rouge?
Clemson won a National Championship.  Clemson, SC, population 16,058
Mississippi State is ranked ahead of us in the 2017 recruiting class...from StarkVegas.
Fayetteville has 83,826 population in a metro region of almost a half-million.  Named best place to live in the United States.

My point is that it's not really about where your school is.  IMHO it's about who is running your football team and how many athletes your state/region produces that determine success in recruiting. 

LSU has 69 players from LA.  LA is 2nd in producing D1 talent per 100,000 population.
Miss. St. has 54 from MS.  MS is 4th in producing D1 talent.
Clemson has 41 players on their roster from SC, but another 17 from Georgia. (Atlanta is not far away.)  SC is 13th in D1 talent. (GA is 3rd)
Arkansas has 45 from Arkansas, but AR is 17th, one place ahead of New Jersey and two ahead of Utah.

Fayetteville might be beautiful to those that have been lived there or gone to school there, but if you can't get the recruits to go there...

Recruits near AU, LSU, and Clemson don't care about the latest chacos, sweet canoes, and Patagonia pullovers.

They care about their best chance to win football games. Nwa offers nothing to the blue chip southern Athlete.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2017, 04:22:40 pm »

I agree.

This is sad... You're wrong on so many levels.

AP85

• Hogvillian
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2017, 04:24:20 pm »

But hey, they wonder why they can't get blue collar kids to come there.

IronHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • AIMED AT YOU!
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2017, 04:26:45 pm »

Guess what. You're still Arkansas up there.

You're still laughed at like the rest of the state.

Warren outperforms though.

Potlatch and all....

AP85

• Hogvillian
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2017, 04:35:20 pm »

Warren outperforms though.

Potlatch and all....

Potlatch.
2 hardwood mills.
2 hardwood flooring plants.
A little hospital that operates in the black.

Little Warren does ok. Not a wine and cheese, olive bar like nwa.

Oh and. Warren high school talent > fayetteville products.

IronHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • AIMED AT YOU!
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2017, 05:05:04 pm »

Potlatch.
2 hardwood mills.

Don't tell little ole NWA that the majority of the Arkansas economy is Ag and Timber.....

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2017, 07:07:34 pm »

Truth hurts sometimes.

That must be some good drugs you keep taking..............................

bphi11ips

• I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2017, 07:49:13 pm »

Pay no attention to fartsmeller.  He's young and doesn't get out much.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2017, 07:53:08 pm »

Oxford is a better place to recruit to.......

Football players anyway.

Obviously you've never spent much time in Oxford. If you have you must have been drunk or high or both. My wife's niece is a professor there. One reason she is there is so she can live close to her family. She used to be a professor way out west but she wanted to be closer to home.

hog.goblin

• It's not revenge he's after. It's a reckoning.
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2017, 09:24:18 pm »

Truth hurts sometimes.

Perhaps the dumbest thing I have ever read.  Actually, I don't even think you believe. You're just trolling.

Hog Fan...DOH!

• Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2017, 02:11:04 pm »

Truth hurts sometimes.

No it doesn't.  Hey mods, is it name-calling when you state a fact?  "The grass is green, the sky is blue, and IronHog is an idiot".   

IronHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • AIMED AT YOU!
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2017, 02:12:19 pm »

No it doesn't.  Hey mods, is it name-calling when you state a fact?  "The grass is green, the sky is blue, and IronHog is an idiot".   

What's the over under?  3-9

Hog Fan...DOH!

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2017, 02:21:17 pm »

Potlatch.
2 hardwood mills.

Is there another town in Arkansas that has produced pro athletes in MLB, NBA, NFL, track and field,  and, oh ya, Miss America--- all within the last, what, three years?

Within the last three years, Fayetteville has produced the last two starting QBs for Arkansas (one on the Rams rosters), two starting LBs (one on the Patriots roster), a starting guard and a starting TE. 

Should Arkansas NOT recruit these players?  You're definitely smoking the Potlatch. 

IronHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • AIMED AT YOU!
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2017, 02:26:46 pm »

Is there another town in Arkansas that has produced pro athletes in MLB, NBA, NFL, track and field,  and, oh ya, Miss America--- all within the last, what, three years?

Within the last three years, Fayetteville has produced the last two starting QBs for Arkansas (one on the Rams rosters), two starting LBs (one on the Patriots roster), a starting guard and a starting TE. 

Should Arkansas NOT recruit these players?  You're definitely smoking the Potlatch. 

What eightish 7a high schools, millions of dollars, and the occasional SEC player?

Hog Fan...DOH!

« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2017, 02:27:54 pm »

What eightish 7a high schools, millions of dollars, and the occasional SEC player?

That's one high school, green grass. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas