Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Up to this point, which games do you see Arkansas still winning?

Started by Ben, September 10, 2017, 09:41:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which games do you see Arkansas winning now?

Texas A&M
New Mexico St
@ South Carolina
@ Alabama
Auburn
@ Ole Miss
Coastal Carolina
@ LSU
Mississippi St
Missouri

Ben

Which games do you see the Hogs winning in the rest of their schedule?
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

3kgthog

Coastal Carolina and NMSU. This offense will find it hard to beat anyone else. The defense can't play lights out for 4 quarters. They will get tired just like they did Saturday.

jkstock04

We don't have a great gauge because we haven't played a conference game yet...but i will say with confidence if we can't beat a hapless and drowning A&M team we will not make it to a bowl game this year.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Arkansas Fan

SultanofSwine

jgphillips3

Sumlin's dumpster fire, NMSU and Coastal are the only games I can say now we stand a good chance in.  When I look at the rest, we may pull one upset, but improved as the defense is, our line play and receivers are so bad, I can't see us keeping up with the other offenses on our schedule.

Razor1997

A&M - 60% chance of win
NMSU - 99% chance of win
SCar - 30% chance of win
Bama - 1% chance of win
Auburn - 15% chance of win
Ole Miss - 40% chance of win
Coastal - 99% chance of win
LSU - 5% chance of win
Miss St - 50% chance of win
Mizzou - 60% chance of win

RazorbackAlways

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 10, 2017, 10:18:58 pm
Coastal Carolina and NMSU. This offense will find it hard to beat anyone else. The defense can't play lights out for 4 quarters. They will get tired just like they did Saturday.

This.

Al Boarland

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 11, 2017, 07:51:35 am
Sumlin's dumpster fire, NMSU and Coastal are the only games I can say now we stand a good chance in.  When I look at the rest, we may pull one upset, but improved as the defense is, our line play and receivers are so bad, I can't see us keeping up with the other offenses on our schedule.

I'm going to reserve judgment on the defensive improvement. TCU left a lot of points on the field because they didn't execute. I saw the D get pushed around quite a bit on D and we haven't even started getting to the teams with more talent on the schedule. Is it better? Maybe. Improved enough to win games? We'll see.

BassinHawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 10, 2017, 10:21:48 pm
We don't have a great gauge because we haven't played a conference game yet...but i will say with confidence if we can't beat a hapless and drowning A&M team we will not make it to a bowl game this year.

Oh, we have a gauge alright! It's easy to see that this season is already in the toilet. You can tell by the performance on the field so far and by the clueless coaching staff lack of adjustments and bad decisions. 4 or 5 wins max.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Razor1997

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 11, 2017, 08:19:24 am
I'm going to reserve judgment on the defensive improvement. TCU left a lot of points on the field because they didn't execute. I saw the D get pushed around quite a bit on D and we haven't even started getting to the teams with more talent on the schedule. Is it better? Maybe. Improved enough to win games? We'll see.

True, it's hard to know what to think about the new defense just yet.  On the one hand, the defense had only given up two touchdowns 57 minutes into the game, while receiving no help at all from the offense.  On the other hand, the defense failed to get off the field on 10 out of 14 third downs.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Razor1997 on September 11, 2017, 08:29:46 am
True, it's hard to know what to think about the new defense just yet.  On the one hand, the defense had only given up two touchdowns 57 minutes into the game, while receiving no help at all from the offense.  On the other hand, the defense failed to get off the field on 10 out of 14 third downs.

This defense is better than last year.  It usually takes about half a season to install so I see them as a bit ahead of schedule.  I'm not saying they are great, but for 57 minutes while the offense couldn't find its rear with a flashlight, they kept us in the game.  Last year, this game would have been out of hand by the start of the 4th quarter.  Thus, I call them improved. 

Bacon_Bitz

7, maybe 8, wins.  A&M is a must win for sure though.  TCU needs to be the bottoming out we have seen in the past few years, and we need a clutch win at Jerry World similar to the Tennessee win two years ago.  Only sure loss is Bama.  Very likely losses are Auburn and LSU.  Likely loss is Miss St if they keep it up all year, and maybe S Car.

hogcard1964

Guys: A & M is awful.  Has anyone watched them?

They blew a 34 point 2nd half lead while being +3 in turnover margin and running for nearly 400 yards.

This is also a team that needed a late 4th quarter drive to beat FCS Nicholls State with a +2 turnover margin.

There's no chance we could lose to them. They're awful.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 11, 2017, 11:35:13 am

They blew a 34 point 2nd half lead while being +3 in turnover margin and running for nearly 400 yards.

This is also a team that needed a late 4th quarter drive to beat FCS Nicholls State with a +2 turnover margin.

Just watch.   It could be the ugliest game we've had to endure with BB as our coach.     

Grag T

That's just the thing though; they were up by 34 points over UCLA.  Do you think we are a better team than UCLA?  Much as I hate it, A&M will stomp the hell out of us even without their other qb.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

HamIAm

I'm not following this math. Of 119 members voting 113 think we will beat New Mexico State. What is the 26% in parenthesis?  It's sure not the percent of voters who think we will win the game. 113 of 119 is 94%. 

Are you saying you only think there is a 26% chance we beat New Mexico State?

Same problem for all the other games.

010HogFan

Everyone saying we have a 99% chance of beating NM St is dead wrong. I'd put our chances 60/40 maybe. Their QB is one of the best in the country this year. Definitely could be the next Toledo fiasco. As far as SEC games, we might be able to win 2 out of 3 between A&M/Mizzou/Ole Miss. Besides Coastal, I don't see any other guaranteed wins.

Dirty

bphi11ips

Quote from: HamIAm on September 11, 2017, 04:30:11 pm
I'm not following this math. Of 119 members voting 113 think we will beat New Mexico State. What is the 26% in parenthesis?  It's sure not the percent of voters who think we will win the game. 113 of 119 is 94%. 

Are you saying you only think there is a 26% chance we beat New Mexico State?

Same problem for all the other games.

It's the default formula for a Hogville poll.  Divide the number voting "win" by Total Members Voting and you'll get the projected probability for a win in each game.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

goodguytex

Outside of the rest of our non conference games, I'm not ready to predict how this team does in conference play.

We all need to look at how this team responds in the next game. We need to see what kind of heart and character this team has. Will they fight, come together, overcome and win?? If they fight, as a team, come together and beat the Saggies, I think we can have a decent year.

phadedhawg

I would like to find the folks on here who said Bama.  What I'd really love to know is who their doctor is because I wanna get some of the drugs they are taking.

code red

Exotic blitzes will give us fits.  If we don't run the ball we will lose.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

3Scoreand10

They're awful for sure, but we are more awful!

jcbville

Im now referring to that game as the "Hot Seat Bowl" or "Meltdown Bowl" and its honestly made it much more fun to think about.

Großer Kriegschwein

The real "meltdown" bowl will be Ole Miss. We lose that one he just needs to walk home.
This is my non-signature signature.

goodguytex

I'm reminded of the movie "The Replacements"  when Gene Hackman is asked how his team can come back and win.

He tapped his chest and said "Heart..... Miles and miles of heart." That's what the team needs to find within itself.... Heart... To fight and play together and win.

TDHawgs

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 12, 2017, 06:12:46 pm
The real "meltdown" bowl will be Ole Miss. We lose that one he just needs to walk home.
Prepare yourself then.... things aren't looking good.

bondhue

I think it will be something like this:

Texas A&M          45-13  L
NM State             28-24 W
South Carolina     31-14 L
Alabama               L
Auburn                 L
Mississippi           24-21 W
Coastal                38-14 W
LSU                     38-7 in the 3rd, LSU  whatever they want at the end
MS State             21-14 L
Missouri              48-21 L
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

TheRazorback500

Best case five more for a minor bowi and outside chance at a winning record, but 3-9 is not beyond the realm of possibility.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

HardCore

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 10, 2017, 10:25:01 pm
Best case: 4-8
Worst case: 3-9
Probably about dead spot on.  These board members who believe in 7 wins possible......folks, 6 wins and The Independence Bowl would be Heaven-Sent....truly.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Dirty

hogcard1964

Quote from: 3Scoreand10 on September 12, 2017, 06:06:15 pm
They're awful for sure, but we are more awful!

They blew a 44-10 lead in 3rd quarter and the following week they almost lost to Nicholls State.  They will not beat us.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HotlantaHog

7 wins

But that treats the TCU loss as something of an anomaly that Hogs will learn from and make some corrections from. The Texas A&M game should be a nice win -- Texas A&M this year is pretty terrible. If the Hogs somehow lose on a neutral field to A&M, it will be hard to expect many other wins in the SEC other than maybe Mizzou.

hogcard1964

Quote from: HotlantaHog on September 13, 2017, 08:32:38 am
7 wins

But that treats the TCU loss as something of an anomaly that Hogs will learn from and make some corrections from. The Texas A&M game should be a nice win -- Texas A&M this year is pretty terrible. If the Hogs somehow lose on a neutral field to A&M, it will be hard to expect many other wins in the SEC other than maybe Mizzou.

There's teams we should always beat, or beat 9 out of 10 years. But somehow, of recent we don't.  South Carolina, Ole Miss, Miss St., Missouri, Texas A & M and Kentucky come to mind.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Razor1997 on September 11, 2017, 08:10:02 am
A&M - 60% chance of win
NMSU - 99% chance of win
SCar - 30% chance of win
Bama - 1% chance of win
Auburn - 15% chance of win
Ole Miss - 40% chance of win
Coastal - 99% chance of win
LSU - 5% chance of win
Miss St - 50% chance of win
Mizzou - 60% chance of win

According to FPI (link):

A&M - 44.0% chance of win
NMSU - 88.4% chance of win
SCar - 17.8% chance of win
Bama - 3.9% chance of win
Auburn - 17.2% chance of win
Ole Miss - 35.8% chance of win
Coastal - 90.9% chance of win
LSU - 9.7% chance of win
Miss St - 27.7% chance of win
Mizzou - 60.6% chance of win

Dwight_K_Shrute

Everyone calling the A&M game a win thinks they will get worse or not improve between now and when we play them but we will get markedly better?

Wasn't it their first game without their starting QB?  Also probably hungover from that UCLA letdown.  Yes they blew the lead to UCLA but they were doing something right the first 2.5 quarters of the game to build that lead.    They managed to neutralize the QB for the majority of the game (majority being over 1/2).  Is our offense the way it stands today going to pose even close to that potential? 

Watch what A&M does against ULL if they just look decent and win it means they are getting incremental improvement week to week.  Yes we all know BB's record after a bye week.  We've also seen what kind of eggs this team can lay.  It's a toss up game at best.

The only non toss ups are CC and NMSU.  And if we lose to A&M by more than 1 score I'd watch out for that NMSU game.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

GunnerHawg70

'm feeling pretty optimistic and finishing the season at 7-5
Wins: TAMU, NMSU, SC, Ole Piss, UCC, Mizzou

HawgTrough

I think we lose a heartbreaker to aTm and follow it up with a loss to NMSU. And then we'll be the lovable losers trying to upset someone the rest of the year. I'll watch or be at every game though. Ugh
WPS

Sweet Feet

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 13, 2017, 08:36:27 am
There's teams we should always beat, or beat 9 out of 10 years. But somehow, of recent we don't.  South Carolina, Ole Miss, Miss St., Missouri, Texas A & M and Kentucky come to mind.
Thats just way too high of expectations. Missouri and Kentucky have a winning record vs Arkansas. TAMU has became a different program as an SEC member. The mississippi schools are 50/50.

Hogdomer

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 13, 2017, 08:51:20 am
Everyone calling the A&M game a win thinks they will get worse or not improve between now and when we play them but we will get markedly better?

Wasn't it their first game without their starting QB?  Also probably hungover from that UCLA letdown.  Yes they blew the lead to UCLA but they were doing something right the first 2.5 quarters of the game to build that lead.    They managed to neutralize the QB for the majority of the game (majority being over 1/2).  Is our offense the way it stands today going to pose even close to that potential? 

Watch what A&M does against ULL if they just look decent and win it means they are getting incremental improvement week to week.  Yes we all know BB's record after a bye week.  We've also seen what kind of eggs this team can lay.  It's a toss up game at best.

The only non toss ups are CC and NMSU.  And if we lose to A&M by more than 1 score I'd watch out for that NMSU game.

NMSU gave Arizona State a lot of trouble.  It is not a guarantee, especially if the A&M game gets out of hand again like last year. 

HamIAm

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 12, 2017, 05:37:25 pm
It's the default formula for a Hogville poll.  Divide the number voting "win" by Total Members Voting and you'll get the projected probability for a win in each game.

Are you saying if I'm the only person to vote and I vote win in all 10 games it will show a 10% chance of a win for that game? Doing a quick check on the actual numbers that appears to be the case

The post didn't ask which is the best bet for a win, it asked which GAMES (plural) a person thinks we will win.  That is one bizarre way to conduct a poll and a totally worthless number.

PorkSoda

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 13, 2017, 08:36:27 am
According to FPI (link):

A&M - 44.0% chance of win
NMSU - 88.4% chance of win
SCar - 17.8% chance of win
Bama - 3.9% chance of win
Auburn - 17.2% chance of win
Ole Miss - 35.8% chance of win
Coastal - 90.9% chance of win
LSU - 9.7% chance of win
Miss St - 27.7% chance of win
Mizzou - 60.6% chance of win
ouch, that's UGLY
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.