Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Right Way For Bielema to Handle Hedlund Situation

Started by Mike Irwin, September 10, 2017, 07:52:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 11, 2017, 02:48:47 pm
That's just it, he proved he wasn't a quality kicker. He'd be hammered here if he had said Hedlund was a quality kicker that missed a couple.

Yep. People just want him to avoid talking about where people may have failed in PCs, ignore questions about it and handle it behind closed doors to leave people wondering what we'll do during the next game.

Very Nearly Exact Words:

Opening:

"Kicking Game, we may either go for it all the time or I'll......Look it, what you see in practice is what you believe will happen. We have a kicker that was kicking over 95% all the way through fall camp and through two weeks of the season, to go out there and miss two chip shorts, especially the second one, the reason I wanted to go for it, it was aligned to the middle of the field and was basically a PAT. Had the perfect protection, perfect snap, it's inexcusable."

"We'll definitely have to find the other option in that regards, cause we aren't gonna go down that path again. That one we'll move forward on."
-----------------------------------------
Question: "As far as the kicker, is Mazza the guy or..??."

Answer: "Either him or Connor Limpert. You know he's a lefty. You have to change out the battery, the man that's holding it. Connor Limpert has hit the ball well though. We wanted him to concentrate moreon his kickoffs. Mazza and Cole have been working PATs and field goals. Obviously something's got to change to get the answer right."
------------------------------------------

Question: "Coach when you missed those field goals in the Red Zone, get the fumble and can't do anything with it, did you feel the energy on the sideline kinda deflate a little bit?"

Answer: "Those field goals were hard to take, they're hard, they're down in there, we talked about with the 1st one if we wanted to back it up but he felt confident, very confident about the angle and the hit. Those are hard to take. You know we got a formula for red zone efficiency that is if it's not touchdowns it's field goals, again, that second one is basically a PAT, and to miss that is juvenile. We gotta do whatever we gotta do to make sure that's something that can be handled in the future. It takes it's toll, again that something that probably wore on our defense."
This is my non-signature signature.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 11, 2017, 03:55:08 pm
Yep. People just want him to avoid talking about where people may have failed in PCs, ignore questions about it and handle it behind closed doors to leave people wondering what we'll do during the next game.

Very Nearly Exact Words:

Opening:

"Kicking Game, we may either go for it all the time or I'll......Look it, what you see in practice is what you believe will happen. We have a kicker that was kicking over 95% all the way through fall camp and through two weeks of the season, to go out there and miss two chip shorts, especially the second one, the reason I wanted to go for it, it was aligned to the middle of the field and was basically a PAT. Had the perfect protection, perfect snap, it's inexcusable."

"We'll definitely have to find the other option in that regards, cause we aren't gonna go down that path again. That one we'll move forward on."
-----------------------------------------
Question: "As far as the kicker, is Mazza the guy or..??."

Answer: "Either him or Connor Limpert. You know he's a lefty. You have to change out the battery, the man that's holding it. Connor Limpert has hit the ball well though. We wanted him to concentrate moreon his kickoffs. Mazza and Cole have been working PATs and field goals. Obviously something's got to change to get the answer right."
------------------------------------------

Question: "Coach when you missed those field goals in the Red Zone, get the fumble and can't do anything with it, did you feel the energy on the sideline kinda deflate a little bit?"

Answer: "Those field goals were hard to take, they're hard, they're down in there, we talked about with the 1st one if we wanted to back it up but he felt confident, very confident about the angle and the hit. Those are hard to take. You know we got a formula for red zone efficiency that is if it's not touchdowns it's field goals, again, that second one is basically a PAT, and to miss that is juvenile. We gotta do whatever we gotta do to make sure that's something that can be handled in the future. It takes it's toll, again that something that probably wore on our defense."

Someone point out the part where coach B "lynched" Hedlund, or even blamed the loss on him. It didn't happen. It is what it is but these folks pret being they've jumped off the bus because of his treatment of Hedlund are laughable. It wasn't really even that bad.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 10, 2017, 08:19:56 pm
What difference, at this point, does it make?

It tells us Bret Bielema is out of answers and the frustration level is high enough now that he's thrown a plyer under the bus.  A junior placekicker suffering multiple point blank failures because of stage fright for the umpteenth time in his career is not a player to be thrown under the bus.  The responsibility resides with the coach who keeps putting the kid on the bus. 

If CBB want to call out the guilty coach for stupidity I am all in favor of it.

ND

Players who practice well, but play badly is nothing new.  Sticking the players in the game that you think are the best at what they do and crossing your fingers is just one of the many X factors involved in every sport.  The opposite holds true as well; players who are horrid in practice but excel on game days.  The problem with the later scenario is that those guys rarely get a chance to take the field.  So it can get you either way.

It's not like Cole did any of it on purpose.  I'm also sure that he's feeling pretty horrible right now.  Throw in the shredding he's getting in the local and social media, from fans, and likely other sources we're not privy to, man.  He's also taking the brunt of a lot of pent up frustration.  I feel for the kid.

I also don't blame Beilema for his decision to put him in.  He's been excellent in practice.  He didn't know the kid was going to choke.  I mean, what else does he have to go off of?  It was only the second game this season.  He was the second ranked PAT kicker in the conference in 2015 (58 out of 58) and tied the school record.  He was 25 for 25 last season.

But what I do blame Bielema for is how he handled this.  I think it was classless.  He should have lauded the kid's accomplishments in previous seasons and made a statement to the tune of, "...but, it's obvious we're going to need to work much more on this," and left it at that.

I look at it this way.  If Cole was going to have a career-ending melt down, at least it happened now and not later, in a situation where it would have made the difference between a W and L.

N

PorkRinds

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on September 11, 2017, 04:14:40 pm
It tells us Bret Bielema is out of answers and the frustration level is high enough now that he's thrown a plyer under the bus.  A junior placekicker suffering multiple point blank failures because of stage fright for the umpteenth time in his career is not a player to be thrown under the bus.  The responsibility resides with the coach who keeps putting the kid on the bus. 

If CBB want to call out the guilty coach for stupidity I am all in favor of it.

Read the quotes and point out The terribly offensive parts. Where did he get thrown under the bus? He was pointing out an obvious issue. He pointed out a few others as well.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 11, 2017, 08:06:27 am
"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you."

True.

" GO HOGS "

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 11, 2017, 04:17:27 pm
Read the quotes and point out The terribly offensive parts. Where did he get thrown under the bus? He was pointing out an obvious issue. He pointed out a few others as well.

Opening:

"Kicking Game, we may either go for it all the time THIS CAN BE A LEGIT COMMENT iF NOT SPOKEN WITH VOICE DRIPPING WITH VENOMor I'll......Look it, what you see in practice is what you believe will happen  YES IF YOU ARE PUTTING IN A FRESHMAN OR TRANSFER NOT A JUNIOR WITH A HISTORY. We have a kicker that was kicking over 95% all the way through fall camp and through two weeks of the season, to go out there and miss two chip shorts, especially the second one, the reason I wanted to go for it, it was aligned to the middle of the field and was basically a PAT. Had the perfect protection, perfect snap, it's inexcusable."  NO MORE INEXCUSABLE THAN THE FAILURE OF HIS SIGNATURE GOAL LONE OFFENSE THAT HAS BEEN PARTIALLY BAILED OUT BY GOOD TE'S AND WR'S LAST TWO YEARS BUT CAN'T BE BAILED OUT BY UNDERPERFORMING KICKERS.

"We'll definitely have to find the other option in that regards, cause we aren't gonna go down that path again. That one we'll move forward on."  Angered by the accumulation of systemic failures in his program Bret Bielema snapped and dumped it all on the most obvious of all his many failures.  As a result he'ss put his reputation with the players into question not doing anything to reassure the next kicker he tries to recruit or any other recruits that he's not the captain of a sinking ship.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on September 11, 2017, 04:14:30 am
Calling Hedlund out was a desperate attempt to deflect the spotlight from CBBs responsibility for your above described play America saw this last Saturday.
And yes there is a right way to handle the Cole Hedlund situation...Have some class and keep this internal while sitting CH on the bench...Very low class move which will become more common for CBB.

We need a change...And will likely be forced to watch what we saw Sat. until the buyout reach's the tipping point and the administration has the nerve to give Razorback Nation what we deserve...Which is a high quality and winning program.

" GO HOGS "

I'm pleased someone realizes what Ole Teflon Bret was up to with his attack on Hedlund and put it on this board.  Desperation move, absolutely; running out of excuses.  Done with Bret.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on September 11, 2017, 04:48:26 pm
Opening:

"Kicking Game, we may either go for it all the time THIS CAN BE A LEGIT COMMENT iF NOT SPOKEN WITH VOICE DRIPPING WITH VENOMor I'll......Look it, what you see in practice is what you believe will happen  YES IF YOU ARE PUTTING IN A FRESHMAN OR TRANSFER NOT A JUNIOR WITH A HISTORY. We have a kicker that was kicking over 95% all the way through fall camp and through two weeks of the season, to go out there and miss two chip shorts, especially the second one, the reason I wanted to go for it, it was aligned to the middle of the field and was basically a PAT. Had the perfect protection, perfect snap, it's inexcusable."  NO MORE INEXCUSABLE THAN THE FAILURE OF HIS SIGNATURE GOAL LONE OFFENSE THAT HAS BEEN PARTIALLY BAILED OUT BY GOOD TE'S AND WR'S LAST TWO YEARS BUT CAN'T BE BAILED OUT BY UNDERPERFORMING KICKERS.

"We'll definitely have to find the other option in that regards, cause we aren't gonna go down that path again. That one we'll move forward on."  Angered by the accumulation of systemic failures in his program Bret Bielema snapped and dumped it all on the most obvious of all his many failures.  As a result he'ss put his reputation with the players into question not doing anything to reassure the next kicker he tries to recruit or any other recruits that he's not the captain of a sinking ship.

Oh, I thought you were serious there for a second.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 11, 2017, 04:50:58 pm
Oh, I thought you were serious there for a second.

Me too. I'm in no way defending the result of this weekend. Our performance wash laughable if it weren't so pathetic.

If we are at 3 wins going in to Ole Miss, I'm off the train and gonna take a plane to the Darkside.

But saying he was throwing someone under the bus is stupid. Just because most people on Hogville don't have the football IQ to realize who he is normally talking about IRT the OL, DL, LBs etc, doesn't mean that he doesn't talk about players regularly in post game. They only reason everyone is pissy about the Hedlund thing is it's the first time they actually knew who he was talking about.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 10, 2017, 07:52:21 pm
Did Bret do the right thing?
http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/no-right-way-for-bielema-to-handle-hedlund-situation/808537456

If Bret is going to call out the Kicker then he shouldn't stop.  Call out the OL, QB, WRs and on down the list on Offense and I am sure there are those on Defense also.   Maybe Call out some coaches for not having their players ready.  Why not call our some coaches for not recruiting  more 5 star players.   Lets get that  blame game going and get a fire built under this team because what I saw on Saturday was total CRAP.   

If we do not put up a better product on the field starting against A&M I am not sure we will win 6 games this year.   

Just curious was Long smart enough to put in CBB contract if he was not above .500 in SEC wins after year 5 he could be fired.   Probable not.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on September 11, 2017, 05:43:51 pm
If Bret is going to call out the Kicker then he shouldn't stop.  Call out the OL, QB, WRs and on down the list on Offense and I am sure there are those on Defense also.   Maybe Call out some coaches for not having their players ready.  Why not call our some coaches for not recruiting  more 5 star players.   Lets get that  blame game going and get a fire built under this team because what I saw on Saturday was total CRAP.   

If we do not put up a better product on the field starting against A&M I am not sure we will win 6 games this year.   

Just curious was Long smart enough to put in CBB contract if he was not above .500 in SEC wins after year 5 he could be fired.   Probable not.

Yep.

It was always a "5 Year Build" then why lock him in for what would be 7 years?

Dark Helmet Hog

Nutt. Now there's a guy that knew how to throw a kid under the bus. Bielema? Not so much.

hog.goblin

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 11, 2017, 12:20:38 pm
Some of y'all are crazy.  Lynched? It was a 15 second sound byte. If you were indeed a CBB supporter there's no way in hell that statement changed it. He's called kids out multiple times.

Most people didn't watch it or don't care what was said.  Those that can't stand him love the free swing at him.  Those that are finally giving up on him see it as an easy opportunity to flip their stance.

I personally didn't care for the way he did it.  But I also didn't subscribe much weight to it.  CBB was angry as hell and let his temper get the better of him.  I get it.  And as stated above, no different then calling out a fumble, INT, or missed tackle. 

It's not like the kid missed a 35-yard FG.
It's not like CBB blamed the kid for the loss.
It was one of many comments and reasons given, most of which were directed at himself and the coaching staff.  And that's were most of it belongs.

wachhog

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on September 11, 2017, 07:58:01 am
I had no issue with what Bielema said post game. If you have a QB who is tossing interceptions, no one bats any eye when the coach says "he has to make better decisions". If an RB is putting the ball on the ground, he gets called out for poor ball control. A missed chip shot FG is the same as a turnover in the red zone. Why shouldn't that be worthy of post game comment?
Because Hedlund is a kid, playing with a scholarship as pay. The coach is an overgrown man making more than 4 million.

Smashmouth2004

I have no problem with the way he treated Hedlund. As a matter of fact I think he's been too soft on the players and coaches and it's reflected on the field. Bielema himself is soft because Long has made him that way with the contract he ave him emphasizing GPA and not wins!

HotlantaHog

It's not the end of the world, but I think it would be much better never to publicly criticize a player directly or indirectly.  Do it in private. These are college kids on scholarship not paid professionals. That's why there's a rule against player bashing on Hogville as I understand the rules.

It doesn't change my view of CBB. The way the Hogs lost the game gives me an incrementally less optimistic view of the year and how the season will play out because TCU was a swing game. Not the only one, but a big one. So are Texas A&M and South Carolina. It will be an important few weeks.

I do think some professional PR help would be good for the coach. It's not the first time he's put his foot in his mouth. There was criticizing hurry-up offenses, which was an unnecessary controversy. There was criticizing the strength of the Big 10, which was inviting ridicule when the Hogs lost...

CBB is not as unethical or as constantly a bad speaker as Nutt was or Danny Ford was.... but he has made a share of blunders that is larger than a lot of coaches.

In the end that doesn't matter. Lots of wins would make me a lot more willing to overlook some dumb comments. Lots of losses makes me less willing to put up with them. But it's the W-L stats that matter.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on September 11, 2017, 06:24:58 pm
I have no problem with the way he treated Hedlund. As a matter of fact I think he's been too soft on the players and coaches and it's reflected on the field. Bielema himself is soft because Long has made him that way with the contract he ave him emphasizing GPA and not wins!
There is a difference between being hard on the players, which is fine in private, and making comments about the players in public.

Großer Kriegschwein

Well.

There goes press conferences.

Might wanna talk about Bigfoot and Aliens.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: code red on September 11, 2017, 07:50:52 pm
Either way how would 2 fg made a difference?

You'd have to ask the defense that had been doing their job pretty well all day and not getting anything in return from the other side of the ball.

Some of this game IS mental.

code red

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 11, 2017, 07:53:36 pm
You'd have to ask the defense that had been doing their job pretty well all day and not getting anything in return from the other side of the ball.

Some of this game IS mental.
lol yeah till they decided to run it every play.  Did the defense cause the snapper to flub a snap?  No.  The defense was not good.  Secondary? Yes much better.  Front 7 is about as physical as Pea Ridge.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 11, 2017, 05:37:06 pm
Me too. I'm in no way defending the result of this weekend. Our performance wash laughable if it weren't so pathetic.

If we are at 3 wins going in to Ole Miss, I'm off the train and gonna take a plane to the Darkside.

But saying he was throwing someone under the bus is stupid. Just because most people on Hogville don't have the football IQ to realize who he is normally talking about IRT the OL, DL, LBs etc, doesn't mean that he doesn't talk about players regularly in post game. They only reason everyone is pissy about the Hedlund thing is it's the first time they actually knew who he was talking about.
Horse hockey.

" GO HOGS "

Pigsknuckles

September 11, 2017, 08:55:05 pm #75 Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:46:35 pm by Pigsknuckles
Quote from: code red on September 11, 2017, 07:50:52 pm
Either way how would 2 fg made a difference?

The first miss was they same as a turnover and gave the ball back for an TCU score. The second broke our back on momentum. So yes, those misses were significant. To add insult to injury, TCU conceded the 2nd attempt. They did not even rush for fear of a penalty that could have resulted in a first down. Still couldn't hit a chip shot.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

wikipedia brown

Yes, cbb shoulda gone for it, or not, hindsight is a fools best friend.  Everyone is so empulsive. Maybe cbb goes 4-7 maybe he goes 8-3, we should figure this out at the end of the season. Not being a [CENSORED]; so i say less than seven wins he should be let go, 7-8, go forth with skepticism, 9-10 ride the bert train.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on September 11, 2017, 05:43:51 pm

All Bret has to do is look in the mirror and see where the responsibility lies...100%...And of course he won't call himself out.
What we are seeing is 5 years of "building toward a championship team"...And this is the result.
CBB will never get it done here and he's in over his head...And we have several more years of Bielema ball.

" GO HOGS "

ShadowHawg

What CBB pulled was weak and juvenile. He behaved more like a child than 4 million dollar coach.

He pouted about a kicker and spent ZERO time on how the offensive line ran 5 plays from the 4 yard line and gained a whopping 2 yards prior to the 2nd miss.

TCU had already won a victory and momentum when tell it like it is CBB decided to kick and it was just gravy when it missed.

The comments were petty and hopefully a stress induced mistake.

Smashmouth2004

Quote from: HotlantaHog on September 11, 2017, 06:37:28 pm
There is a difference between being hard on the players, which is fine in private, and making comments about the players in public.
Exactly what did Bielema say that was terrible? Instead of saying Hedlund he should have said the kicker? Anyone who was watching the game all know the kid choked on those 2 chip shots so you're now you're shocked that he said we need to replace the kicker? Now I'm mad that I have to defend Bielema!

hobhog

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 10, 2017, 10:15:31 pm
The kicking game is just another component indicative of the underlying problems caused by lack of sound leadership.

The media as a whole has become pathetic when it comes to Arkansas athletics... failing to call a spade a spade with any conviction.
As a group they've been cuckolded by the administration.

Wake us when someone with a broader audience has the cajones to call for the change the program deserves.

Good night.

Pancetta

I wonder how CBB would take it if JL went on tv and said, "CBB is a good practice coach. Makes the right decision 95% in practice. I gave him this big extension and then he goes out and coaches terribly in the 2nd half of 3 of his last 4 games. I mean it's juvenile to coach so bad that you lose back to back games in the second half. Obviously we are going to gave to make a change."  Now see how he likes it if he isn't making $4 million per year and has a huge buyout but he can leave for an insubstantial sum.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

PorkRinds

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 11, 2017, 09:22:52 pm
What CBB pulled was weak and juvenile. He behaved more like a child than 4 million dollar coach.

He pouted about a kicker and spent ZERO time on how the offensive line ran 5 plays from the 4 yard line and gained a whopping 2 yards prior to the 2nd miss.

TCU had already won a victory and momentum when tell it like it is CBB decided to kick and it was just gravy when it missed.

Zero time talking about not being able to punch it in? Did you watch the presser.  I'm pretty sure he talked about that. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 11, 2017, 09:22:52 pm

Yes it was.  He has (Bert) addressed and apologized for his comments yet?

DuffMcHog

Quote from: wachhog on September 10, 2017, 10:52:13 pm
Doesn't sound like the head coach inspires confidence in anybody. So, yeah, he should quit. The head coach should just quit.
These are kids who came to play for a man making 4.7 mil a year, and he  publicly throws one under the bus because he is frustrated? He has no idea how frustrated a whole lot of people are with him. And his boss.
Both should quit. Sooner rather than later..
Restore the Razorback Pride! WPS and GHG.

DuffMcHog

BB throwing Kicker under bus was classless. I've been watching Hog games my whole life and I'm 53. At this point I'm wishing for a three win season if that's what it takes to get his classless act out of town. And I don't really care who the replacement is. Just get him gone and go from there. He's

DuffMcHog

What if he'd said "The quarterback missing those open throws is inexcusable, juvenile. We'll find someone else because I can't go down that road again" or, "stepping out of the back of end zone was inexcusable, not what we see in practice "?

hogcard1964

Quote from: DuffMcHog on September 12, 2017, 09:02:30 am
BB throwing Kicker under bus was classless. I've been watching Hog games my whole life and I'm 53. At this point I'm wishing for a three win season if that's what it takes to get his classless act out of town. And I don't really care who the replacement is. Just get him gone and go from there. He's

Then you're actually hoping for a meltdown of epic proportions which isn't going to happen.  As of right now they have 5 automatic wins on the schedule going forward (A & M, New Mexico St., Coastal Carolina, Ole Miss and Mizzou), with 1 already put away.  They're not going to fire him if he wins 6 games. I also believe Auburn may be a winnable game.  Now if he chokes and loses the next two, he'll be gone by October 1, but that's not going to happen.  They're automatic wins.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 10, 2017, 09:18:43 pm
And Steve Little and Kendall Trainor etc etc.

And Steve Cox.  and to answer the question, it was handled poorly by coach which for some reason does not surprise me at this point.  He is done here and he knows it.  The only questions now are how and when it goes down and if JL is sent packing with him. 
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

PolishPigPower

What CBB said still isn't as bad as what I and about 2/3 of the stadium said on Saturday.  There aren't participation awards in college tackle football.  I don't care what he said.  I just don't want to hear a gong like that in a stadium again unless Chuck Barris is coming out to give me money.
Quote from: Cooper on November 16, 2008, 10:35:46 pm
I might try my hand at some porn.

Quote from: Breems on May 02, 2011, 02:55:14 pm
Last post in the Tavern here.  See you guys.  Have fun.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BroyledNutts on September 11, 2017, 12:56:29 am
Yeah, Brett ... those two missed field goals are what lost the game. It wasn't the complete lack of an offensive line, only one effective running back, a QB with happy feet and no accuracy, a receiving corps that was completely absent, a lousy offensive game plan, and an out of shape defense that was completely gassed by the 4th quarter thanks to too many offensive 3 and outs - it was a kicker leaving 6 points on the field ...

BTW, you lost by 21 ... 3 + 3 does not equal 21 ...

Nailed it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 13, 2017, 08:55:40 am
Nailed it.

Well, he nailed it except for the fact that he claimed the coach said something he didn't actually say.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 11, 2017, 06:53:09 am
I modified the thread title just a little bit.  No need to kick a dog while he's down.

Thank you.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on September 11, 2017, 07:58:01 am
I had no issue with what Bielema said post game. If you have a QB who is tossing interceptions, no one bats any eye when the coach says "he has to make better decisions". If an RB is putting the ball on the ground, he gets called out for poor ball control. A missed chip shot FG is the same as a turnover in the red zone. Why shouldn't that be worthy of post game comment?

None of what you posted is even close to what Bielema said about Hedlund.  He said he was done with him and he'd never let him kick again, just go for it on 4th down every time.

And if Bielema ever publicly said that about a qb or rb that was struggling then that would be just as wrong.  It's a coaches job to correct players' mistakes.  (Some might even call it coaching)

Bielema showed his ass in the PC, and it's a big one.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HouSwine

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 13, 2017, 09:14:23 am
None of what you posted is even close to what Bielema said about Hedlund.  He said he was done with him and he'd never let him kick again, just go for it on 4th down every time.

And if Bielema ever publicly said that about a qb or rb that was struggling then that would be just as wrong.  It's a coaches job to correct players' mistakes.  (Some might even call it coaching)

Bielema showed his ass in the PC, and it's a big one.
BS

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 13, 2017, 09:33:16 am
Which part?  Did you hear the PC?

Yes, and I posted the transcript. He didn't say that he would never let him kick again. You are inferring that from his statements.

I personally would only let him kick another field goal if we had a 30 point lead.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 13, 2017, 09:39:08 am
Yes, and I posted the transcript. He didn't say that he would never let him kick again. You are inferring that from his statements.

I personally would only let him kick another field goal if we had a 30 point lead.

You are correct, I inferred that.  But it was definitely implied, which should never have happened publicly.  Handle that crap behind closed doors.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 13, 2017, 09:43:02 am
You are correct, I inferred that.  But it was definitely implied, which should never have happened publicly.  Handle that crap behind closed doors.

He didn't imply it. You inferred it. It's alright though. People will take away from the PC what they will take away. I personally don't care one bit whether Hedlund ever sees another snap of Razorback football. If Allen had thrown 2 interceptions, he would have commented directly on that and everyone would have known who he was talking about.

Hedlund is a big ole boy and he should be able to take it. If he can't then he needs to move on out and go kick for Abilene Christian.