Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any chance we can get Les Miles or Bob Stoops?

Started by Sweet Feet, September 10, 2017, 02:11:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Feet

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Hogtimes

jacobp

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Hogtimes

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 10, 2017, 02:13:47 pm
Would take stoops. Would not want Miles. 

Who wouldn't take Stoops, but he ain't coming to Arkansas  no more than Gruden or Pete Carroll.

ErnestHamingway

Why the F would anyone want Miles to coach here???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought he was the main reason we always had a chance to beat LSU. He recruited great talent because there's a ton of talent in La, especially in the NO/BR area.

HoggieStyle

Miles is a non- starter. We have turf,  not grass.

ShadowHawg

HawgPound

No. Miles might come but I don't see it being a success.

Bubba's Bruisers

Miles would almost feel like another JLS type hire.  Dude is goofy and couldn't field a competent offense with all world talent.

Besides, we're still at least 14 months away from officially starting a coaching search anyway.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

longpig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 10, 2017, 04:15:05 pm
Miles would almost feel like another JLS type hire.  Dude is goofy and couldn't field a competent offense with all world talent.

Besides, we're still at least 14 months away from officially starting a coaching search anyway.

Bert can screw up and get himself fired before then, he's not Harley Bob unstable but he is human.  Maybe he'll duke it out with a critic at a bar or somethin.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Großer Kriegschwein

Jeff and Les have a history.

Much of it will be whether or not Les thinks he can win here. I'm sure Jeff and Les communicate.
This is my non-signature signature.

theFlyingHog

I'll root for Texas before I accept Leslie as our coach. This is so stupid it has to be trolling

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 10, 2017, 04:38:19 pm
I'll root for Texas before I accept Leslie as our coach. This is so stupid it has to be trolling

If Les is unemployed when we let Bret go at the end of this season or next, I'd probably invest in some burnt orange.

I'm sure that will be Jeff's 1st call.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hawgzinbowlz

longpig

Any chance we can get Steve Sarkisian, Bo Pelini, Ron Zook.................... 

Don't be scared, be smart.

Torqued pork

If Miles could recruit toe-to-toe with Orgeron for Louisiana's best, but that wouldn't happen.

ballinhog

If the guy that loves blocking people on twitter does actually get fired, one of my top choices would be Derek Mason.

Seriously. I think he's a great defensive mind, I think he would recruit well here, and he would probably actually take the job. He would need to hire a great offensive coordinator. I wonder if Kevin Kelley would be a good offensive coordinator in the SEC.  Not suggesting that's who I like or want, just curious. He seems pretty innovative

Athog

PonderinHog

I'd rather have Lane Kiffin.  (That was hard for me to type.)

hogsanity

Quote from: ballinhog on September 10, 2017, 11:55:39 pm
If the guy that loves blocking people on twitter does actually get fired, one of my top choices would be Derek Mason.

Seriously. I think he's a great defensive mind, I think he would recruit well here, and he would probably actually take the job. He would need to hire a great offensive coordinator. I wonder if Kevin Kelley would be a good offensive coordinator in the SEC.  Not suggesting that's who I like or want, just curious. He seems pretty innovative

Why do you think he would recruit well here, and by well I mean better than 6th or 7th in the SEC.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Ex-Trumpet

I think Charlie Weiss is available, as is Houston Nutt.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

sowmonella

So the door blocking the idiot posters has been breached. This is just plain dumb at this point. In 3 weeks if we are 3-1 this will be forgotten and the same posters will be talking smack on the Bama boards.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Boog41

Quote from: sowmonella on September 11, 2017, 09:02:33 am
So the door blocking the idiot posters has been breached. This is just plain dumb at this point. In 3 weeks if we are 3-1 this will be forgotten and the same posters will be talking smack on the Bama boards.

This ^^^

Cementhog

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever Class of 86

Pork Twain

Why the hell would we want Miles?  He could not get it done with all the LSU talent and the stockpile Saban left him.  He has never been anything more than HDN with more talent
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pigsknuckles

Stoops retired because of a genetic disposition to heart failure. Saturdays game would have killed him. Don't even want to think about Miles.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

NoogaHog

While we are talking about underachieving coaching hires like Miles and Leach, let's not forget that this man is available:
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

MJ2

yraciv

Quote from: NoogaHog on September 11, 2017, 09:23:53 am
While we are talking about underachieving coaching hires like Miles and Leach, let's not forget that this man is available:

He isn't available. Head coach of the D2 Kentucky State Thorobreds who lost 50-0 to McKendree University last week.

NoogaHog

Quote from: yraciv on September 11, 2017, 09:30:13 am
He isn't available. Head coach of the D2 Kentucky State Thorobreds who lost 50-0 to McKendree University last week.

As an aside, my daughter's ex-bf played baseball at Kentucky State for one year. He could only stand one year, he made the place sound like a hell hole.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

Quote from: Cementhog on September 11, 2017, 09:13:55 am
Mike Leach.....if a change needs to be made.

Yeah, killing it at WSU. His best team got murdered by Hootie.

Go away, batin'