Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Questions from a TCU fan

Started by TCUFAN, September 07, 2017, 11:06:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Next1_04

MuskogeeHogFan

TCU Fan, please take what some of our posters say with a grain of salt. There are certain ones who tend to be drama queens and over-embellish with regard to what they felt (with their expert coaching eyes) were negative plays in what was a first game of the season, that we won handily by the way.

That said, we are looking forward to playing your team. I think it will be a very competitive and entertaining game.
Go Hogs Go!

Next1_04

LRHawg

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 07, 2017, 11:32:27 am
You'll have to excuse us. We're still licking our wounds from the 49-7 win last Saturday. It has been a rough week

This. too soon.

Welcome to Hogville, We'll be very entertaining saturday night if we lose.

longpig

Quote from: LRHawg on September 07, 2017, 03:27:19 pm
This. too soon.

Welcome to Hogville, We'll be very entertaining saturday night if we lose.

He can have my chair.  Hogville is the last place I want to be after anything short of a perfectly executed W.
Don't be scared, be smart.

a0ashle

Hogville is akin to a wish on a monkey's paw for success, but the catch is we can never enjoy it.

Maximus Tusk

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 07, 2017, 11:32:27 am
You'll have to excuse us. We're still licking our wounds from the 49-7 win last Saturday. It has been a rough week
I'm not one to use the LOL acronym but, I LOL'd!!!!!!!!! That's stinkin funny!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

RebelW

Top Secrets:
You'll have to really watch Johnny Gibson, he goes in motion and can slide in at RB at any given moment.

Colt Jackson is replacing Pulley at CB.

Justice Hobbs is our wild Cat WB we are breaking out for y'all this weekend.
Be PREPARED!

Pudgepork

Quote from: RebelW on September 07, 2017, 06:07:08 pm
Top Secrets:
You'll have to really watch Johnny Gibson, he goes in motion and can slide in at RB at any given moment.

Colt Jackson is replacing Pulley at CB.

Justice Hobbs is our wild Cat WB we are breaking out for y'all this weekend.
Be PREPARED!

Dang! Give up all our secrets dude!    Might as well fill him in on Vinnie too, now that he's cleared to play

oldfart

welcome to hogville TCU fan...  enjoy fans from other teams coming on here for honest and fair discussion......

Hog N Bama

Quote from: LRHog on September 07, 2017, 11:26:47 am
Under the radar - Any wide receivers but Jred. Theyre all pretty new to the team. Also keep your eye out for some of the freshmen linebackers, and I think our freshman DB who's replacing pulley will be damn good, his names Kamren Curl

Allen had a pretty lackluster first game, but hopefully it was a one off due to new WR's and the OLine gelling for that first game. I could see as close as a 55-45 split in running to passing, or as wide as 70-30 depending on how good the running game is going. If we get down early, flip those.

Kicking game looks improved, especially on kick offs, i cant remember the last time we had a guy who could consistently put it out the end zone. Punting looks to be about average. As far as kicking goes, the biggest thing i noticed was our special teams unit looks faster and improved with getting to the guy catching the ball. Field Goals should be about average.

Most explosive player is going to be Chase Hayden or Jordan Jones. Jones can flat out fly. Dont be surprised if one of our plays is simply to send him flying down the side line and burning your corner, or a deep post. Hayden just needs a bit of a hole and he can easily be in your secondary... He can also fly, not quite as fast as jones, but for a RB watch out... if he gets in the secondary he very well may out run your safety, and if he doesnt watch for him to break his ankles.
thanks for helping the enemy with info. Loose lips lose games

HogFoo

Quote from: TCUFAN on September 07, 2017, 11:06:07 am
Hello, didn't come to ruffle any feathers, only wanted to learn some more about your team. I have a few questions about the Hogs.

It's pretty easy for me to read about the stars on your team but who are some under the radar guys I should keep an eye out for? Any Freshmen or RS freshmen I didn't get to see last year who are expected to be big time impact players?

We all know Bielema loves to run the football but y'all can pass it too. How has Austin Allen progressed since last year? What type of Run/Pass split do you think we'll see?

How is your kicking game? TCU's was abysmal last year and we have yet to see if it's improved.

Who is your most explosive player? Not necessarily your work horse (although it may be) but the guy who can take it to the house any time it's touched.

Looking forward to a good game, both teams have a lot they want to prove.

Also, please ignore anything from killerfrogs.com they're a miserable bunch of people.
;We know thats you Gary!   So youll get nothing from us!  haha..   

Under the radar...  id say pretty much all of the WR's other than Cornelius.  We probably have more talent at WR this season than we did back when Joe adams, jarius wright and that group were here for us.  And that's saying a LOT.  The problem for us is they havent built a continuity with our QB.  Once they do, this offense will be pretty dang tough!   We lost an NFL prospect when Pulley went down.  Make no mistake about it, he was our best DB.  But, on an upnote, his replacement is bigger, taller, probably faster  he just doesnt have very much experience since he's a true frosh.  As the season progresses he will be a fine DB though.  Coach Rhodes is an excellent excellent DB coach.  So, dont think youll be wanting to pick on him very much in the game.

The biggest thing is that the Hogs moved to the 3-4  where we can utilize the talents of other guys we had.  One guy in particular TCU better watch out for is Randy Ramsey.  That guy is a complete stud in this system.  Long arms, tall, fast, kind of reminds me of some of those guys LSU usually has.  Very good for us. Not so good for you.  ;-)  Gone are the days that the middle is open for a QB run of 30-40yards +  That was definitely an achiilles point for our defense the last couple of years.  Not so much now.  We have speed and we have shut off the middle.  Sosa Agim is a man!  he will be in the backfield quite a bit. 

Allen didnt have a great game.  But, it was because he was holding on to the ball too long while waiting for the new WRs to hit their routes.  So, again, that will get better.  Our OL is still trying to figure out who the starters are, but i think they have found their lineup.  They all did pretty well in Run blocking, where we had trouble was with Pass pro.  1 or two guys in particular gave up some blocks.  Mainly one guy in my opinion.  Colton jackson.   He gave up about 3plays easily to and inside rush. When we moved the splits closer together from 8-10" down to 3-4" we didnt have near as much prob in pass pro.  But, again, i know it seems like a lot, Allen held on to the ball too much.   Now, to a trouble spot for you guys.  Our RBs are solid!  Much better than the group we had last year.  And as i mentioned, our run blocking is much better and our RBs are a LOT better.  We have a LOT of talent at RB and FB.  In fact, i predict thats how we beat TCU.  By playing sttraight up smash mouth football. We will keep you guys off the field and in check by being able to power run it right down your throats.  And when you stack the line, thats when we'll hit your rushing ends or Lbs with some screens or play action.  Cornelius has been cleared to play. So, look for more from our receivers this week.   

Since most of our players are new , cant really decide on who would be the most explosive in the group. Definitely Chase hayden.  But, i know we have some WRs that will have coming out parties soon.  I dont see them doing it much this game as i mentioned, we are going to power run you guys to death.  haha.. Some might say Hammonds is a special guy, i know we have some shifty WRs once they get the ball.  Like Nance. Or heck, even Whaley.  He can cut just like Alex collins did.  The new RB grad transfer D.Williams reminds me of Rawleigh williams, the RB we used last year.  And of course, Hayden. he reminds me of a young Jonthan Williams we had a few years ago.  Very good, very shifty, fast , explosive.  But, i think you, TCU should get used to hearing the names of our FBs.  Because those guys are gonna have big games knocking your LBs or DBs on their butts in this game.  Clearing the way for our RBs to gain big chunks.  I know you guys are putting in some beef for this game, but over all your defense is pretty light.  If our guys can get their hands on you, its over.  If you have success getting to Allen, then itll be a close game. 

Our special teams guys, probably average.  We dont have a 6-10 guy to block your FGs this season, but we have several guys that have insane verticals that could probably get to the ball if the kick is low.  Our punters pretty decent.  i think we are getting the ball into the endzone more this season than last few years .  So, returns wont be much of a matter in this game.  I think our coverage on special teams are as good as ever.

there you go "Gary"    haha... you can take what i said with .50 cents and maybe buy a stick of gum or something.    but, you know we are just gonna run run run, as some of your fans stated. since we run a fossil type offfense.   the thing is if you can stop it or not.  =-)
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Arkansas Fan

Our O-line is lead by Frank Ragnow at center, however, the left guard is manned by a redshirted grayshirt named Bret Bielema. He already has 10 pancakes.

oldfart

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 07, 2017, 08:54:24 pm
Our O-line is lead by Frank Ragnow at center, however, the left guard is manned by a redshirted grayshirt named Bret Bielema. He already has 10 pancakes.

and eaten many more

PonderinHog

jchill

Quote from: TCUFAN on September 07, 2017, 11:06:07 am
Hello, didn't come to ruffle any feathers, only wanted to learn some more about your team. I have a few questions about the Hogs.

It's pretty easy for me to read about the stars on your team but who are some under the radar guys I should keep an eye out for? Any Freshmen or RS freshmen I didn't get to see last year who are expected to be big time impact players?

We all know Bielema loves to run the football but y'all can pass it too. How has Austin Allen progressed since last year? What type of Run/Pass split do you think we'll see?

How is your kicking game? TCU's was abysmal last year and we have yet to see if it's improved.

Who is your most explosive player? Not necessarily your work horse (although it may be) but the guy who can take it to the house any time it's touched.

Looking forward to a good game, both teams have a lot they want to prove.

Also, please ignore anything from killerfrogs.com they're a miserable bunch of people.

What are TCU's first 20 scripted plays?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: longpig on September 07, 2017, 02:32:21 pm
Your horned frog LBs and DBs being reported as smallish but lightning fast, we may see Enos attempt to create mismatches with some of our tightends and larger receivers.  Cantrell, O'grady and Patton at TE and Martin, Nance, Pettway and ofcourse Cornelius at WR.

Unfortunately not Martin
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

sowmonella

Quote from: jchill on September 07, 2017, 11:22:46 pm

What are TCU's first 20 scripted plays?

8 incomplete passes, 7 rushes for -12 yards, 3 fumbles and 2 interceptions would be nice.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

al_pigcino

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 07, 2017, 03:17:15 pm
It is simple for tcu... stop the Hog's rushing attack, especially in the second half, and you will have a chance to win.  If you can't stop the rush for 4 quarters you are in deep dodo and you will be creamed like a can of Bush's Best corn.
Because we didn't return a guy who literally completed over a mile of passes last year?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: sowmonella on September 08, 2017, 02:59:40 pm
8 incomplete passes, 7 rushes for -12 yards, 3 fumbles and 2 interceptions would be nice.

Shouldn't be hard with them playing Pookie from New Jack City at [insert position]
This is my non-signature signature.

hawgbawb

Has the TCU poster who started this thread given us any valuable info back about their team, or did he just throw out the bait and disappear?
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Hogfan46

TCUFAN
Walk-On
Surfing the web at Hogville.net
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Questions from a TCU fan
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2017, 01:46:40 pm »
ReplyQuote
Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 07, 2017, 12:27:31 pm
Welcome TCUFAN to Hogville!!! This is where you can find all things Razorbacks and then some...I hope you got the answers you were inquiring and looking fwd to a great game.  Now that you are armed with the knowledge from the Hogville Faithful, can you do us a favor and reciprocate the unanswered questions for us??? ???

Sure thing,

Under the radar/freshmen - While TCU returns a number of starters from the offense last year, you're going to see some new faces, especially in the receiving corp. Kennedy Snell scored the first TD of the season for TCU on a play that made ESPN top 10 and Jalen Reagor earned the starting spot at WR as a true freshman. On defense, TCU has a new face at the DT spot that finally brings some weight to that position. Ross Blacklock is a RS Freshman who is 6'4 320 and was disruptive against a week Jackson St. Oline. Interested to see how he matches up against y'all.

Patterson has been very high on Hill throughout camp which is very unusual for Patterson. I'm not on the Hill train yet and he still has a long way to go to earn back the trust from most fans. Co-OC Doug Meachem "left" for Kansas in the off season and Sonny Cumbie has complete control of the offense. We also brought in Sonny Dykes to be an offensive analyst in the off season. From what I understand, There is going to be more of a focus on the run and less substitutions. Last year, we'd go uptempo but kept subbing which sort of defeats the purpose. So look for a much more balanced run/pass offense and it'll probably use more uptempo than we did last year.

Well, Song, our "starter" was hurt last year and that killed us in a few games. He's healthy now but couldn't outright win the starting spot in camp (does a lot for our confidence in him). he was 8/8 on extra points but he hasn't kicked a field goal yet so it's a huge, huge unknown. Our KO kicker did a good job last week putting it in the endzone, however I think he kicked one out of bounds. Basically, our kicking game is somewhere between unknown and unproven.

Turpin is explosive. He's exciting to watch and as long as he's healthy he's a threat to take it to the house whether it's a Punt return, KO return, hand off or reception. We try to get the ball in his hands anyway we can think of.

Hog N Bama

September 08, 2017, 08:41:30 pm #73 Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 09:02:41 pm by Hog N Bama
Quote from: hawgbawb on September 08, 2017, 07:52:23 pm
Has the TCU poster who started this thread given us any valuable info back about their team, or did he just throw out the bait and disappear?
He got so much valuable info he needed no more. I'm glad you guys weren't alive during WWII or we would be speaking Japanese

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 08, 2017, 08:41:30 pm
He got so much valuable info he needed no more. I'm glad you guys weren't alive during WWII or we would be speaking Japanese

I tried warning these knuckleheads on the first page of this thread, but they were so engrossed in thumping their chests, even to the enemy, as to what great knowledge they had, and what great football experts they were that they would not listen......  sheesh.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)