Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: ricepig on September 08, 2017, 10:54:07 am
There won't be any drunks leaving the Alumni tailgate............
That's true. None of us alumni drink.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

SDZ_Hog

September 08, 2017, 12:34:22 pm #1152 Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:39:58 pm by SDZ_Hog
View is back on but now with ads on scaffolding. 

FraggleHog

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on September 08, 2017, 12:34:22 pm
View is back on but now with ads on scaffolding.  Maybe they can put up a sign language banner for quick reference for the refs for tomorrows game.

Looks like they added "COMING 2018" to the Barrier.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

So THATS what they were doing behind that veil! It looks NICE!!!! COMING 2018
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

010HogFan

that back corner of the endzone sure is close to the barrier. I hope nobody gets hurt.

311Hog

will construction workers be working during the game ? heh  thing isn't going to build itself

spe450

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 08, 2017, 01:21:16 pm
that back corner of the endzone sure is close to the barrier. I hope nobody gets hurt.

I think it's the same distance as the seats in the south endzone.

Godfather

Where are the fireworks going to be shot from?
WPS to the end.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: 311Hog on September 08, 2017, 01:36:18 pm
will construction workers be working during the game ? heh  thing isn't going to build itself
That would be awesome. Its about time we got some new pregame/halftime entertainment  ;D
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Godfather

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 08, 2017, 01:56:15 pm
That would be awesome. Its about time we got some new pregame/halftime entertainment  ;D

They're gonna fill that thing with Dodges that they are trying to sell, you know...  Spotlight a different one on every 30 second break..   :puke:
WPS to the end.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Godfather on September 08, 2017, 01:55:17 pm
Where are the fireworks going to be shot from?

Maybe from the tops of the scoreboards... It would be cool if they shot them off from both end zones this year. Hope we see lots of fireworks discharged on Saturday.

hogcam

Surely they are going to fix the screen before the game. WOO PIG

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: Godfather on September 08, 2017, 01:58:39 pm
They're gonna fill that thing with Dodges that they are trying to sell, you know...  Spotlight a different one on every 30 second break..   :puke:
Yeah I think all the University sees with those construction beams is ad $$$$$$$. I'm surprised at how few they have up there.

RazorPiggie

VirginiaHog

Quote from: hogcam on September 08, 2017, 02:14:05 pm
What's wrong with it?

FraggleHog

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on September 08, 2017, 02:27:06 pm
Yeah I think all the University sees with those construction beams is ad $$$$$$$. I'm surprised at how few they have up there.

They still have time... Doesn't take any time at all to get those ad banners up.

FraggleHog

Quote from: hogcam on September 08, 2017, 02:14:05 pm

Appears it is working just fine. I'm sure they were tweaking something with the contrast or making minor adjustments.

hogcam

Quote from: FraggleHog on September 08, 2017, 02:43:50 pm
Appears it is working just fine. I'm sure they were tweaking something with the contrast or making minor adjustments.
There is 1 square of it still not working. Right in the C of TCU. Been that way all day.

FraggleHog

Quote from: hogcam on September 08, 2017, 02:50:22 pm
There is 1 square of it still not working. Right in the C of TCU. Been that way all day.

So it looks like it malfunctioned between 12:38 and 12:48 today. It went to being fuzzy and unformatted. They have apparently cut the power to the panel and are probably now fixing it. Doesn't seem to be of any concern.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 08, 2017, 01:13:18 pm

They've taken "COMING 2018" down.

GoHogzzGo

Double red screens in the stadium right now. Pretty glorious.

First night game will be sweet.

sowmonella

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on September 08, 2017, 09:11:08 pm
Double red screens in the stadium right now. Pretty glorious.

First night game will be sweet.

Post a pic
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

RazorPiggie

GoHogzzGo

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ICEman

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 08, 2017, 01:13:18 pm
By placing the signage, it motions one to not pay attention to the asymmetric hulk under construction in the background.😉
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

OneLardAlmighty

Don't look now, but another big load of steel is arriving today.  Expect a lot of progress between now and New Mexico State.

I know no one wants to talk about this anymore since we got embarrassed by TCU, we're saddled with a huge buyout, we ran out of water, NWA has ruined football, and the sky, generally speaking, is falling.  But this 'new stadium' will be there long after Bielema, his successor, and all of us complainers are long gone.  Who's to say that those who come after us will no enjoy it, or that we might not someday field a team that can win in it.  Meanwhile, watching it take shape may be more fun than watching football.

buldozer

That red is awesome! I wish they could turn out the lights on the opposing team on third down and hit the red! Lol

Kevin

I am beginning to think this expansion, is for part of it to be named after jeff long.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

buldozer

Not realistic for it to be named after long. He is not from Arkansas, never played at Arkansas, has only been employed at Arkansas a short time and right now is probably not in such good graces with the fan base.

AirWarren

The holding in of boos is coming right along.

311Hog

Quote from: AP85 on September 13, 2017, 09:06:39 am
The holding in of boos is coming right along.

yeah hearing boos both times the kicker came out is probably not a good thing.

HillBillyHogfan

I hear there is a change order in for the endzones... they are going with the CFL design. Feel it will benefit the program

Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: 311Hog on September 13, 2017, 09:22:15 am
yeah hearing boos both times the kicker came out is probably not a good thing.

How did the fans know?  Aren't we the dumbest people on earth?  To be sure they were booing the decision not the player.  At least not until he missed them.

So which is worse, the fans booing or what BB said?

goodguytex

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on September 08, 2017, 06:22:35 pm
They've taken "COMING 2018" down.
No they haven't. It's still up there on the red barrier.

factchecker

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on September 13, 2017, 04:54:38 pm
How did the fans know?  Aren't we the dumbest people on earth?  To be sure they were booing the decision not the player.  At least not until he missed them.

So which is worse, the fans booing or what BB said?

I have faith and say that the fans were booing the decision.  There was also a time where the stadium booed when we punted the ball.  It was more displeasure in the ineptness of our offense then with a certain player.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on September 13, 2017, 05:14:07 pm
I have faith and say that the fans were booing the decision.  There was also a time where the stadium booed when we punted the ball.  It was more displeasure in the ineptness of our offense then with a certain player.

Correct, and if you listened to the PC, Bielema said that he was calling missing the FG juvenile, not Hedlund.  As he's stated, he's been Cole's biggest supporter, he kept trotting him out there for the past two years, haha.

goodguytex

HogFaninMemphis

JackMcQueen

Swung by last night to take a better look at it. Alot of inside work has been done since the TCU game.
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

FraggleHog

Quote from: JackMcQueen on September 19, 2017, 09:25:43 am
Swung by last night to take a better look at it. Alot of inside work has been done since the TCU game.

Yep. Now that the frame is up, there won't be too much more progress that's clearly visible until they start working on getting it "in the dry".

OneLardAlmighty

With the towers beginning to take shape on the corners and some of the work that's been done in the past couple of weeks, this thing is starting to look pretty cool.  I'm curious whether any of those who didn't like the design have changed their minds since it's getting easier to envision the finished product and since the animated mock up was released.  Assuming that's pretty accurate, that clarified a lot of features that I was unsure about with all the different, more two dimensional renderings.

FraggleHog

Pillars for general admission area/ plaza starting to come up:

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: JackMcQueen on September 19, 2017, 09:25:43 am

Love it thanks for sharing.

rzrbackramsfan

The stadium renovation is looking pretty good today.

FraggleHog

They are definitely working hard... it's just going to be hard to see any obvious advancement until they start putting up the facade/ windows, etc.

FraggleHog

Façade starting to be put up...

Cinco de Hogo

Coming down I-49 the other day and at about the Weddington exit if you look east you can see the two cranes sticking up over the mountain top.  Just struck me as funny that just over that hill is a whole University that is completely hidden.  Now going north is another story.

ricepig