Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 05, 2017, 07:54:34 am
I had remained hopeful once I saw the contract switch to Levy several months ago. If those pics are of the best of the new offerings, I think I'll just grab a few dog treats before I leave the house Saturday morning.

Now, about this Pepsi snafu...
What happened to pepsi?
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

Quote from: FraggleHog on September 05, 2017, 10:18:09 am
They still haven't put up the paneling. I don't imagine it will be done before Saturday at this point...

I don't expect it to be put up until next year. They haven't poured the concrete or done much else to the top of NEZ. There's a lot work that could/would effect the enclosure around the screen. I think their only goal was to get it up and running.

ricepig

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: ricepig on September 05, 2017, 10:37:00 am
Unfortunately, nothing.
hear hear. Why would anyone drink a Pepsi when he could have a Coke?
Levy may not be any better, but they can't be worse than Sodexo. It's not possible.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: ricepig on September 04, 2017, 01:16:36 pm
Yep, there haven't been the temporary bleachers for at least two years, maybe three. Probably around 77,000 or so capacity.
So is that our seating cap: 77,000? I suspect that standing room capacity increases with the expansion, but it would appear the SEZ jumbotron location points to not finishing that upper deck or adding any number of permanent seats up there. Am I reading that correctly?

ricepig

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on September 05, 2017, 11:10:36 am
So is that our seating cap: 77,000? I suspect that standing room capacity increases with the expansion, but it would appear the SEZ jumbotron location points to not finishing that upper deck or adding any number of permanent seats up there. Am I reading that correctly?

Capacity is 72,000 as it currently sits, with the finished NEZ and Founder's Suites in place of some EOC seats, it will be around 77,000. That includes 1500 for SRO.

FraggleHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 05, 2017, 10:36:42 am
I don't expect it to be put up until next year. They haven't poured the concrete or done much else to the top of NEZ. There's a lot work that could/would effect the enclosure around the screen. I think their only goal was to get it up and running.

I just didn't know if they would put up the backing to protect the interior components and back of the panel from the elements. I'm sure they are self sustaining and the panels are completely cosmetic, but just wasnt sure.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on September 05, 2017, 04:28:41 pm

I wish we could get the tweet embed function back on hogville.

Yeah, I'm not going to go to the trouble to copy the pictures and paste them in, haha.

ImHogginIt

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 05, 2017, 05:35:11 pm
That's a direct quote from Long isn't it ?  :(

Yep, pretty sure it was.

FANONTHEHILL

South End Zone board at 5pm today (Tuesday, 9-5-17)
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

ricepig

OneLardAlmighty

Looks like construction of the NW tower is well underway and steel for the NE tower is being brought in today.  Should be fun to watch.  I'm really eager to see how the towers change the profile of the thing. 

ricepig

Glad to see my Allstate net is up, although it doesn't look like it will catch much.

FraggleHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 06, 2017, 09:51:07 am
Glad to see my Allstate net is up, although it doesn't look like it will catch much.

Hopefully it catches all the kicks made by Arkansas kickers and all the kicks by opposing kickers fly into the construction area...  ;)

VirginiaHog

Looks like it is up against the steel?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

September 06, 2017, 01:08:51 pm #1120 Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 01:23:33 pm by OneTuskOverTheLine™
Quote from: FraggleHog on September 06, 2017, 10:03:52 am
Hopefully it catches all the kicks made by Arkansas kickers and all the kicks by opposing kickers fly into the construction area...  ;)

It would be nice to see a headline that read, "TCU didn't gave enough balls to finish the game in Fayetteville!"...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

RazorPiggie

I know I'll be up there Saturday and see it for myself but can anyone tell me what the back of the SEZ scoreboard looks like?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 06, 2017, 01:19:56 pm
I know I'll be up there Saturday and see it for myself but can anyone tell me what the back of the SEZ scoreboard looks like?

They tried to model it after the West side with a labyrinth full of erector set zombies and dragons to keep it safe...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 06, 2017, 01:08:51 pm
It would be nice to see a headline that read, "TCU didn't gave enough balls to finish the game in Fayetteville!"...

LMAO well played.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

RazorPiggie

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 06, 2017, 01:24:51 pm
They tried to model it after the West side with a labyrinth full of erector set zombies and dragons to keep it safe...

Dang it Tusk.

FraggleHog

In stadium camera is... well... I dunno.

Either they covered it bc the team is doing walk-thrus or a construction worker decided the camera was a nice coat hook for his vest.

FraggleHog

Nice look at how the stats will be displayed during the game... I like the new format!

GoHogzzGo

Huh, was wondering if they might block the camera once the game is actually on TV. Perhaps they are doing it sooner? Or as you said might be walk thrus I guess.

Funny the scores they keep putting up on the scoreboard, sure hope that happens haha.
And those screens look darn good.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

BassinHawg

It looks like they started putting up banners to cover up the metal structure and that may be why camera was blocked.

I read somewhere that Jeff Long said there was a plan to utilize the NEZ Space on game day until it was completely finished. Maybe this is it.

It would be nice to dress it up a bit and it could make the noise level better.

"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

jst01

looks like they are practicing on the field and covered the cam. 

And I doubt they cover that north end with some kind of grand banner that blocks the steel structure. The play clock is already on the structure and I think when the cameras show that end, that's what you will see on TV.

sowmonella

The Broyles Banner from last week at WMS would look good
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Sivad

Quote from: sowmonella on September 07, 2017, 09:59:51 pm
Yes it sure would.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: sowmonella on September 07, 2017, 09:59:51 pm
I don't think I noticed it. I was just excited that college football is back

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 08, 2017, 04:52:20 am
I don't think I noticed it. I was just excited that college football is back
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Guess I didn't go by that part of the stadium. It looks awesome though. Would look really nice hanging in the NEZ somewhere

HogFaninMemphis

The Broyles banner would look fantastic hanging somewhere in the NEZ. I'm really excited for the game Saturday. It feels like FAMU was just a scrimmage and this is our first game.
Hopefully I'll be able to get up to NWA for the Auburn game and get to experience firsthand what the place sounds like with that construction site deflecting sound.

FraggleHog

Cloak is still on the camera... Definitely up to something... Not sure what. But they are obviously wanting to hide something going on in the stadium until gameday.

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: FraggleHog on September 08, 2017, 09:26:37 am
Cloak is still on the camera... Definitely up to something... Not sure what. But they are obviously wanting to hide something going on in the stadium until gameday.

It would appear so.  Meanwhile, another big load of steel has arrived, and the big cranes are active at both ends.  Looks as if we're going to see some significant movement over the next week or so.

riccoar

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The new parking lot (previously referred to as the illuminatti + ricepig parking lot) is ready for Saturday

Been10Hog

Quote from: FraggleHog on September 07, 2017, 02:37:56 pm
Nice look at how the stats will be displayed during the game... I like the new format!
Best part about it is the score!! I'd take it!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 08, 2017, 09:59:45 am
The new parking lot (previously referred to as the illuminatti + ricepig parking lot) is ready for Saturday

I think he's using the helicopter pad this weekend.
This is my non-signature signature.

311Hog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 08, 2017, 09:59:45 am

lol how fast can grass grow? i saw them putting down the sod yesterday.

FraggleHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 08, 2017, 10:43:04 am
lol how fast can grass grow? i saw them putting down the sod yesterday.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your statement, but sod is laid fully grown.

311Hog

Quote from: FraggleHog on September 08, 2017, 10:47:53 am
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your statement, but sod is laid fully grown.

yeah i know that, but will it holdup to thousands of people walking on it most of them drunk, 2 days after being lain? and it is on a steep decline.

FraggleHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 08, 2017, 10:49:05 am
yeah i know that, but will it holdup to thousands of people walking on it most of them drunk, 2 days after being lain? and it is on a steep decline.

I imagine they'll have that area taped off with signs that say "New Grass, Do Not Walk".

I agree with you though... The drunk will be oblivious to these warnings.

ricepig

Quote from: FraggleHog on September 08, 2017, 10:52:36 am
I imagine they'll have that area taped off with signs that say "New Grass, Do Not Walk".

There won't be any drunks leaving the Alumni tailgate............

311Hog

Quote from: FraggleHog on September 08, 2017, 10:52:36 am

Yeah and there is usually tailgates all over this area, i am curious how they are planning to deal with that.

goodguytex

Quote from: FraggleHog on September 08, 2017, 09:26:37 am
They might be worried opposing teams might use the camera to spy on what the Hogs are doing in practice. It's possible they might keep it covered until after the season is over.