Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

azhog10

FraggleHog

Quote from: azhog10 on August 25, 2017, 11:55:54 am
They are actually decreasing in size......

Addition by subtraction. I saw the stadium first hand a couple of weekends ago and something definitely needs to be done about that Gen Adm. bowl. It looks really bad. There are HS stadiums in TX nicer than Faurot Field. Decrease in capacity, but increase in Net Revenue due to converting Gen Adm to Suites/ Club Level seats.

Calling the Hogs from DFW

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 25, 2017, 11:53:37 am
It looks so much better than this: https://twitter.com/SECfootball/status/901123789097811969

Yuck, why leave the grassy knoll? Same reason we have the gap, nostalgia?

Makes me love ours even more.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

FraggleHog

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on August 25, 2017, 01:23:11 pm
Yuck, why leave the grassy knoll? Same reason we have the gap, nostalgia?

Makes me love ours even more.

Nostalgia and Tradition...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faurot_Field

"Rock M

The stadium's most historic and identifiable landmark is the rock "M" above the stadium's north end zone. The "M" is formed by whitewashed rocks and measures 90 feet wide by 95 feet high. The landmark was built in 1927 by a group of freshman students, using leftover rocks from the original construction of Memorial Stadium. This distinctive feature has not been immune to pranks, such as enterprising Nebraska or Kansas fans attempting to change the "M" to an "N" or a "K", but groundskeepers and students have in the past protected the landmark. One of the traditions of the football team is that seniors, after playing their final home game, take a rock from the "M" as a souvenir. The rock "M" is also whitewashed every year by incoming freshmen during welcoming activities prior to the first home game."

JackMcQueen

It appears we have an idea of how much space the side panels will take up on the new video board
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ricepig on August 25, 2017, 10:41:38 am
Visitors from the southeast corner, they are using the old cheerleaders dressing room. This is a one year deal only, there will be a new dressing room in the NEZ.
And from what I've heard, the old cheerleading dressing room isn't big enough to fit an entire team. There will be 20 or so guys dressing at a time. I like it though, I want our stadium to be as uncomfortable for the opponent as possible
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 25, 2017, 01:41:02 pm
And from what I've heard, the old cheerleading dressing room isn't big enough to fit an entire team. There will be 20 or so guys dressing at a time. I like it though, I want our stadium to be as uncomfortable for the opponent as possible

Yeah, J-Red or someone was commenting how nice our visitors locker room was, said we dress in a whole lot worse on the road.

FraggleHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 25, 2017, 02:33:45 pm
Yeah, J-Red or someone was commenting how nice our visitors locker room was, said we dress in a whole lot worse on the road.

Then we should paint it pink like Hayden Fry did for Iowa's visitor locker room. Come to think of it, I'm surprised Bielema hasn't done that since he's Fry's protege and has adopted a lot of things Hayden did...

theFlyingHog

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on August 25, 2017, 10:14:43 am
Just wanted to be post # 1000.
It's tradition to poast titties for milestone posts

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: JackMcQueen on August 25, 2017, 01:39:36 pm
It appears we have an idea of how much space the side panels will take up on the new video board

Ah very cool was wondering when we might see how this will look with ads and all. Badass.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 25, 2017, 02:41:43 pm
It's tradition to poast titties for milestone posts

As long as they are female ones...........
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Temporary padded wall will be going up next week to separate the field from
the construction area.

razorbackfan86

Chair backs being installed this morning.

razCzar

August 26, 2017, 01:07:56 pm #1014 Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 01:20:33 pm by razCzar
QuoteChair backs being installed this morning.

That was quick.  Looked like around 50 people knocked it out in just over 2 hours.  Imagined it would have been a handful of company installers doing it.  Wonder who all these folks are?  temps, UA employees, volunteers...

razorbackfan86

Quote from: razCzar on August 26, 2017, 01:07:56 pm
That was quick.  Looked like around 50 people knocked it out in just over 2 hours.  Imagined it would have been a handful of company installers doing it.  Wonder who all these folks are?  temps, UA employees...

I was actually thinking the same thing. They had a large group of people this morning and they knocked it out quick.

factchecker

Quote from: razCzar on August 26, 2017, 01:07:56 pm
That was quick.  Looked like around 50 people knocked it out in just over 2 hours.  Imagined it would have been a handful of company installers doing it.  Wonder who all these folks are?  temps, UA employees, volunteeers...

Fayetteville High School Band

https://twitter.com/fayarband/status/901452108901298176

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

870_hog

Isn't there suppose to be a statue placed in the new north end zone? If so any idea where it is going?

factchecker

Quote from: 870_hog on August 26, 2017, 01:45:47 pm
Isn't there suppose to be a statue placed in the new north end zone? If so any idea where it is going?

Northeast Corner - Outside the stadium:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: factchecker on August 26, 2017, 01:20:23 pm
Fayetteville High School Band

https://twitter.com/fayarband/status/901452108901298176

Thanks for the photos! Have been curious to see it at field level. Wondering whether the NEZ looks small or gets lost in the hill. Still looks huge to me and closes it in very nicely. Great proximity to the playing field.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on August 26, 2017, 02:38:45 pm
Thanks for the photos! Have been curious to see it at field level. Wondering whether the NEZ looks small or gets lost in the hill. Still looks huge to me and closes it in very nicely. Great proximity to the playing field.
YOU'RE WRONG! It doesn't close it in AT ALL! /s

:P

JackMcQueen

This was in a email from the athletic department on Friday

-Scaffolding has been removed from the south video board and the exterior metal has been completed.

-Turf on the east sideline is being cleaned and groomed where an access road has been removed.

-Turf is being re-installed in the area beyond the north end zone.

-Temporary wall pads being erected next week to separate field level from construction area.

-Both north and south video boards are entering final phase of programming and calibration.

-North end zone game and play clock has been installed.

-Video board control room has been fully relocated
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

GuvHog

Quote from: JackMcQueen on August 28, 2017, 11:55:50 am
This was in a email from the athletic department on Friday

-Scaffolding has been removed from the south video board and the exterior metal has been completed.

-Turf on the east sideline is being cleaned and groomed where an access road has been removed.

-Turf is being re-installed in the area beyond the north end zone.

-Temporary wall pads being erected next week to separate field level from construction area.

-Both north and south video boards are entering final phase of programming and calibration.

-North end zone game and play clock has been installed.

-Video board control room has been fully relocated

I wonder if they are going to finish the exterior of the north video board before the TCU game.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

JackMcQueen

Getting a view of the side panels at work on the south endzone video board
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

FraggleHog

Quote from: GuvHog on August 28, 2017, 12:05:17 pm
I wonder if they are going to finish the exterior of the north video board before the TCU game.

It didn't seem like it took them long to get the paneling on the SEZ board... I bet they'll get it done.

AirWarren

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on August 26, 2017, 02:38:45 pm

Man that field level shot. Looks great.

woodhog14

rzrbackramsfan

Wow it's really starting to come together.  We're going to have the best stadium in the SEC. 

AirWarren

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on August 28, 2017, 04:29:48 pm
Wow it's really starting to come together.  We're going to have the best stadium in the SEC.

I like many others had apprehensions.

But this is going to be something to be proud of.

RazorBassin

So excited for this to be complete, we have always had a stadium I was proud of, but man this is going to be something impressive once it is done.  Will not hurt us, that is for sure!  WPS!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The endzone barrier is being constructed
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 29, 2017, 09:47:38 am
Man, I hope that can stop TCU's offense!

BassinHawg

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 29, 2017, 09:47:38 am

If that's really it it's hideous! They have a lot to do.

Can't believe that they wouldn't move some of that material further back or make it more symmetrical/straight across.

Looks like an accident waiting to happen on a deep fade to the corner of the end zone.

I hope they at least have a nice tarp with a logo to cover it all. 
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

hog of steele

Quote from: BassinHawg on August 29, 2017, 11:24:20 am
Looks like an accident waiting to happen on a deep fade to the corner of the end zone.

This is our home field advantage. If we can let a few of their players fall into a pit, it can only help us!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Can't believe that they wouldn't move some of that material further back or make it more symmetrical/straight across.

You're insane if you think they will just leave plain old plywood at the back of the end zone. Its gonna be covered by that padding with the razorback graphic (most likely) that you see around the stadium. Also they could move the supplies because construction will continue throughout the season and these guys have to be able to move their equipment around back there

GoHogzzGo

Agreed with boss hog on the padding. Also the distance is longer then it appears on the screen shot. Keep in mind the red is also outside of the playing field.

PonderinHog

I'd like to see an endzone barrier like this for the TCU game:

But substitute these for the poles:

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: AP85 on August 28, 2017, 04:50:17 pm
I like many others had apprehensions.

But this is going to be something to be proud of.

Ok, Who are you and what have you done with AP85?

Haha! Just kidding nice to see a positive post from you once in a while.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

FraggleHog

Looks like padding and additional wall being installed.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 29, 2017, 01:40:23 pm
I'd like to see an endzone barrier like this for the TCU game:

But substitute these for the poles:

This is seriously, I think, your best work.  I can't stop chuckling....   thank you!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Some were wondering if we would leave that plain plywood in the NEZ. Here's your answer

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 30, 2017, 01:40:59 pm
Some were wondering if we would leave that plain plywood in the NEZ. Here's your answer

Sweet, nice razorback red padding. Also cool to see the outline of what the chair back expansion will look like at ground level.

I will expect angry Scotsman now regardless   ;)

JackMcQueen

The score/stats panels are being tested on the south video board.
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

razorbackfan86

Quote from: JackMcQueen on August 30, 2017, 03:29:42 pm
The score/stats panels are being tested on the south video board.

Did we just hang a hundred on someone?

JackMcQueen

THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

razorbackfan86

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

flagstaffhog

The seating area in the NEZ look to be a long way away from the field...

Go HOGS Go
Go HOGS Go!

ricepig

Quote from: flagstaffhog on August 30, 2017, 08:06:53 pm

Go HOGS Go

Considering the 1st row starts right behind the plywood, I'd say it's pretty close.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: flagstaffhog on August 30, 2017, 08:06:53 pm

Go HOGS Go

NEZ is closer than the SEZ chair backs and boxes if that helps for perspective.