Possibly Next season
10 (25%)
Tubby maintain's Calapari's protocol
9 (22.5%)
Memphis AD will demand Football incentive
21 (52.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

The_Bionic_Pig

Tubby Smith has a good relationship with Mike Anderson going back to his day's at Georgia and Mike at Missouri.

I will assume their familiarity dates back to MA's day's as a asst. Coach while Tubby Smith took the reign's at Kentucky.
(Tubby was a asst. Coach in the SEC in 86' but Arkansas didn't join the SEC until 92')

I would assume if Arkansas maintains a residence in the top 25 this upcoming season the benefits to Memphis (American Athletic Conference) Strength of Schedule along with the proximity of a natural rival may reunite the two programs in the 2017-18' season.

Besides the obvious recruiting benefits to Arkansas its a fantastic/hyped short travel for our fanbase.

One could easily forsee 3K Razorback fan's flooding a NBA arena *FedEx Forum*
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

FineAsSwine

I would definitely be one of the "3000". Would be great to add Memphis as a regional rival. A game like that would quickly surpass some of our SEC games in popularity, especially if we get a couple of really good players out of Memphis who get to go home and play in front of friends and family like when we had Day, Huery, Bowers and Elmer Martin out of Memphis and on the same team.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Little Lady Back

Please let this happen!! Would be a great series. If we can open that Memphis door again, a lot of good can happen.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Little Lady Back

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 21, 2016, 08:01:35 pm
I would definitely be one of the "3000". Would be great to add Memphis as a regional rival. A game like that would quickly surpass some of our SEC games in popularity, especially if we get a couple of really good players out of Memphis who get to go home and play in front of friends and family like when we had Day, Huery, Bowers and Elmer Martin out of Memphis and on the same team.

Agree with all of this FineAsSwine!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Cinco de Hogo

Well at least it won't be in The Pyramid!  Went there for an Ole Miss game and half the Arkansas fans were drunk and i was afraid they would fall down the steps.  Thankfully it's a Bass Pro Shop now for those who don't know.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*