Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 SF Dikembe Dixson (B-Ball)

Started by -Blu, December 15, 2014, 09:18:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 06, 2015, 06:22:53 am
Pretty solid recruit so CMA must have some better recruits to pick from.  I hope so because I thought Dixon would be a good player in time.  Thin but good athlete.  Maybe suspect shooting the ball from the perimeter was his down fall.  Don't know?

Well, I would love to get a older player at the SF spot who can help us immediately.

If we do in fact land Allen and Izundu, we will go into 2015 without a true SF/Wing, which is fine because we will be loaded at guard. We will go with a 3 guard lineup, with a Forward and Post

hoglady

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on May 06, 2015, 04:57:23 am
"Arkansas will not bring in small forward Dikembe Dixson .... for a visit this weekend." Per RD this a.m.

Hmmm.  Wonder what that means.

Richard said in the comments question - it was doubtful he was ever coming and has nothing to do with Allen.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Swinesong1

snf6278

Hawg Red

Quote from: snf6278 on May 11, 2015, 06:17:31 pm
That's interesting

A Florida offer isn't what it used to be...

Ray Piggers

Soooo... Is this guy still available?
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Hawg Red

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Hawg Red

Quote from: Ray Piggers on May 18, 2015, 10:36:50 pm
Would we get back on him?

At this point, I'd be for that. But, the question would need to be answer of why things cooled a couple weeks ago, or if they were ever really hot. But there are at least 5 SEC schools pursuing him right now. I'm not sure why we wouldn't be, to be honest. Maybe there is a reason. We may never know.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 19, 2015, 08:44:40 am
At this point, I'd be for that. But, the question would need to be answer of why things cooled a couple weeks ago, or if they were ever really hot. But there are at least 5 SEC schools pursuing him right now. I'm not sure why we wouldn't be, to be honest. Maybe there is a reason. We may never know.

There is no telling.  He is a 6'7" wing and this team lacks a wing foward.  IMO from here on out it's goin to be three guard lineups, a undersized 4 and 5 on the floor.

klp1

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 19, 2015, 08:44:40 am

WE decided not to offer.  It has been alluded to by media types the Arkansas and others have back off Dixson for reasons other than basketball talent. 

Hawg Red

Quote from: klp1 on May 19, 2015, 09:01:25 am

WE decided not to offer.  It has been alluded to by media types the Arkansas and others have back off Dixson for reasons other than basketball talent.

What other reasons? Character or academic?

klp1

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 19, 2015, 09:06:04 am
What other reasons? Character or academic?

Must be character.  Because he declared on twitter that he was eligible.  But also claimed to have offers and visits scheduled  that never were. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: klp1 on May 19, 2015, 09:59:43 am
Must be character.  Because he declared on twitter that he was eligible.  But also claimed to have offers and visits scheduled  that never were.
Could be way off here, but I thought the fact he was being courted by UK, Uconn and others as a soph. and in the middle of his junior year he transfers schools was a little fishy? Get in trouble? Became uncoachable?

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  May 18

Dikembe Dixson is not on campus. His dad said a rescheduled Tennessee visit could come later this week. We'll see. http://knoxblogs.com/fastbreak/2015/05/15/three-star-2015-small-forward-dikembe-dixson-to-visit-vols/ ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  May 19

Made another round of calls about Dikembe Dixson and Tennessee. From his dad and HS coach:

QuoteDikembe Dixson doesn't visit UT; father says film is the holdup

Dixson planned to tour Tennessee's campus Monday, but his official visit did not happen and had not been rescheduled as of Tuesday afternoon, according to his father.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Dikembe Dixson retweeted
Brandon @SabanNation_15  ·  May 17

Roll Tide @Ddixson_35

Dikembe Dixson @Ddixson_35  ·  May 20

This my only friend it never lied to me an it helped me reach my goals. #RoadToSuccess...
https://instagram.com/p/27LN_-jjEP/

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein  ·  22h 22 hours ago
2015 wing Dikembe Dixson will visit DePaul on 5/29-5/31, source told @CBSSports. Will also visit Wake Forest on 6/4.

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 1h1 hour ago

2015 wing Dikembe Dixson has committed to UIC, source told @CBSSports. Big time get for Steve McClain.

Dikembe Dixson ‏@Ddixson_35 37m37 minutes ago

I made my decision which was UIC wanted to be back home. Thanks everyone that supported me 🏀✊🏾📝...
https://instagram.com/p/3wD--eDjEH/

Dikembe Dixson ‏@Ddixson_35 15m15 minutes ago

Only guy that showed up to support me. None of my teammates even showed up but this kid is now apart of my family

Biggus Piggus

University of Illinois at Chicago? The Flames? Why didn't anybody in the SEC sign him? Why did he fall all the way to UIC? Wretched. Just because they're available in March doesn't make them all-stars. In fact, it might mean the opposite.
[CENSORED]!

TomBigBeeHog

another swing and a miss!  ;)  :puke:   ::hornsdown::  :razorback:
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!