Big games for the SEC tonight

Started by -Blu, December 05, 2013, 03:07:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Miss State vs TCU (ESPNU 6:00)
Mizzou vs West Virginia (ESPN2 6:00)
Ole Miss vs K State (ESPN2 8:00)
Vandy vs Marshall (No station listed)

The Vandy game isn't really that important they should be able to beat Marshall easily at home, but the other 3 games are going to be big for the SEC.  I'm going to watch the Missouri game vs WV, this is their first real test against a decent team, this is going to be a good measuring stick on how good they actually are, because at this point it's really unknown about them.  We also should learn a lot about Ole Miss as they play K State.

Hawg Red

Only time I ever root for other SEC schools is OOC basketball because the league is so down right now the RPI boost is needed.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on December 05, 2013, 03:10:55 pm
Only time I ever root for other SEC schools is OOC basketball because the league is so down right now the RPI boost is needed.

Yea I need to be rooting for SEC tonight, but I can't root for Frank Haith or Marshall Henderson, something inside me just won't let me.  I know they need to win for our league, but I'm secretly going to be rooting for the other teams.

Breems

Quote from: -Blu on December 05, 2013, 03:13:12 pm
Yea I need to be rooting for SEC tonight, but I can't root for Frank Haith or Marshall Henderson, something inside me just won't let me.  I know they need to win for our league, but I'm secretly going to be rooting for the other teams.

Haith didn't do himself any favors by exposing his mental problems in last year's game. The dude has issues.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

nextlevel

Quote from: Breems on December 05, 2013, 03:26:15 pm
Haith didn't do himself any favors by exposing his mental problems in last year's game. The dude has issues.

He lost his only coach good at the Xs and Os to Navy because that spot was deemed to need a better recruiter...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Hawg Red on December 05, 2013, 03:10:55 pm

I think the league will be better this year than last.  We've got 2 teams that I feel comfortable thinking are locks for the tourney:  Florida and Kentucky.  But I think several other teams have a shot at the field:  LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Missouri, and maybe Alabama. 

I think the SEC gets 5 spots.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

JonClaudeVanHam

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." - Nietzsche