Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally Hall says Florida wins tonight

Started by Craig O Squeal, March 10, 2006, 11:27:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig O Squeal

I hope not, and I don't think so...what do you say?

Tomhog™

I say the Hogs keep finding a way to win until they have a bad night.  Is that tonight?  I don't know.  I think the Hogs destiny is in their own hands and not Florida's...

BlakeHOGfanatic

I think Arkansas WINS tonight.  It will be a very good game and close but i think we pull it out. I like Wally and enjoy reading his columns.  But going against the Razorbacks in anygame when there your team isn't cool.  And it kinda makes me angry. :razorback:

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: Tomcat on March 10, 2006, 11:29:23 am
I say the Hogs keep finding a way to win until they have a bad night.  Is that tonight?  I don't know.  I think the Hogs destiny is in their own hands and not Florida's...
This has just been such a great ride for the past couple of weeks, I hate to see it end and have to wait until the dance to see them play again...you just really want them to win the whole SECT the way they've been laying it on the line lately...

razorbackfan4life

He's wrong, Arkansas will roll by 10+ tonight :).

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: BlakeHOGfanatic on March 10, 2006, 11:30:39 am
I think Arkansas WINS tonight.  It will be a very good game and close but i think we pull it out. I like Wally and enjoy reading his columns.  But going against the Razorbacks in anygame when there your team isn't cool.  And it kinda makes me angry. :razorback:
Yeah, I thought Wally was the Homerist of the Homers! :) Next to Sunshine Schaeffer of course...

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: BlakeHOGfanatic on March 10, 2006, 11:30:39 am

Wally is always saying stupid things, his column is only good for one thing, flooring for my dog pen
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Tomhog™

We must remember that Florida has 6 conference losses just like us.  Just because they've been top 25 all season doesn't mean that we don't have the ability to win a conference tourney game against them.  They are the defending champs and I would love to knock them off!

Craig O Squeal

Wally is always saying stupid things, his column is only good for one thing, flooring for my dog pen
[/quote]

+1 Sometimes he's okay, but it grates on me with his style sometimes of comparing things...with crap like "saying this was a big win is like saying the Pope wears a tall, pointy hat." And sometimes he'll do that all through his column..why don't you just say, "I can't think of one damm thing more to say, so I'm ending my column right here.?"

WindyCityHog

Bring it.

Should be a good game.

The best of the lot in the  SEC Tourney today.

hogsNbeer

We're are the better team as of right now....Won more games towards the end of the season.... Wally Hall is one thing and one thing only, and that is a big ol DOUCHEBAG!      Just ask Bobby Knight about Wally Hall's credibility.... :razorback:

Tomhog™

Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 10, 2006, 11:38:57 am
Bring it.

Should be a good game.

I'd say the ARK/GA game was the best of the 4 last night.  It appears the HOGS exciting style of play is back.  Those couple of dunks by Brewer were just awesome!

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 10, 2006, 11:38:57 am
Bring it.

Should be a good game.

One things for sure, oughta be a lot of screaming with Charles Thomas and WonderKim Noah... :)

jkstock04

I think this will be the toughest game of the SEC tournament for us...I really think it's gonna be hard for us to beat them.  I say if we beat Florida we win the SEC tournament...someone is gonna have to have an explosive game, and we're gonna have to keep attacking the basket from out post players...Thomas, Hunter, and Townes..its gonna be a tough one, but I do think it can be done...GO HOGS!!!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

I hope that Steven Hill doesn't let that Noah guy have any of those nasty-ass dunks on his head like he did the last time we played 'em.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Craig O Squeal

I really forgot, is Florida deep in regards to big men? Maybe if we get them into foul trouble and we can keep rotating bigs, along with the power of the throwbacks...who knows! :)

Mr.Mabry

Wish he would move to Florida then and write for them.

Bye Wally have a nice trip.

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: Mr.Mabry on March 10, 2006, 11:46:17 am
Wish he would move to Florida then and write for them.

Bye Wally have a nice trip.
Maybe he's just singing Florida's praises because one of his new buddies, David Bazzelhoff is from there...nothing like Brokeback Journalism..."David, I just can't quit you!"

litmachog

Boy I hope I'm wrong but I'm inclined to agree with Wally as we have already beaten a top 10 (at the time) team once and that was at home and now to come back and do it just a few games later on a neutral court.  Also, Arkansas will have played two games since Florida has played.  They played on Saturday and we played on Sunday.  Then we had to travel home and get ready for a late Thursday night game. 

Also, our big men are not playing as well as they did when we beat Florida the first time (except for Charles Thomas).  The hope is that the big men will step back up tonight and with it being a tournament game and Florida relying on outside shooting so much, I hope they come out tight to begin with and take a while to get going.  Then we can build a lead that we can hold to begin with.

Calling All Hogs

I think he meant the State of Arkansas will lose tonight because he is covering
he game and will be writing about it tomorrow. LOL

Kinghog1

Wally is as DUMB as a Door Knob..........I've never took anything he says for real or for the truth
Tough Titty said The Kitty but the milk is still good

PigPusher

If one listened to the interviews of the guys last night they are not afraid of anyone right now.  The other thing that is different than earlier this season is that they now very well know how to win as a team.  I say they will win and maybe in big figures.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

HOGLUVIN

Mike Irwin said FL too. Broke my heart.

Can't we just ignore the odds, the standings, the stats and just give em some unconditional HOGLUVIN.

HOGS by 20 baby. WPS!!!

taintlint

mword

Didn't Wally Hall said that Florida was going to win last time the Hogs played them? I wouldn't listen him.

taintlint

Quote from: schweine on March 10, 2006, 12:52:12 pm
Didn't Wally Hall said that Florida was going to win last time the Hogs played them? I wouldn't listen him.

Read his article. He did not say we would lose.

pigture perfect

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on March 10, 2006, 12:46:30 pm
Mike Irwin said FL too. Broke my heart.

Can't we just ignore the odds, the standings, the stats and just give em some unconditional HOGLUVIN.

HOGS by 20 baby. WPS!!!
Love the optimism. If we win by 20, There's no containing myself. If we win by 1 in overtime, I'm pleased.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hawgndaaz

regardless of his opinion, Wally deserves some credit. I'm not crazy about the guy, but IMO he is the epitome of a good writer. No matter if you hate him or love him, you are STILL going to read his column every day, and usually first! Also, I think he often does a good job writing from a fan's perspective.

p.s. just because i said he is a good writer doesn't mean he's not a jackass!

cmakrzrbak

Quote from: hogsNbeer on March 10, 2006, 11:39:52 am
We're are the better team as of right now....Won more games towards the end of the season.... Wally Hall is one thing and one thing only, and that is a big ol DOUCHEBAG!      Just ask Bobby Knight about Wally Hall's credibility.... :razorback:

Yup.  Its a good thing WH is a total Douchebag who knows very little about anything but his lack of manhood.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

Ross U (HDHF)

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: taintlint on March 10, 2006, 12:53:45 pm
Quote from: schweine on March 10, 2006, 12:52:12 pm

Read his article. He did not say we would lose.
He said it on the radio this morning...

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

HawgLover08

The way we have been playing, I think very few teams in the whole country can beat us. That is if we keep playing well thought....you never know.

Lokirain

Wally Hall is a tool. Who cares what he said. As far as if he's right, that's why we play the games. I wish Hall would get fired and Arkansas could get a real columnist.

SuaSponteHog

Hogs win in a close one.

By the way if you didn't already know Joakim Noah's dad won a tennis tournament about a hundered years ago and his mom is an old "supermodel". Hopefully the JP guys will make sure we know about this at the start of the game, at halftime, and at the end of the game.

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: SuaSponteHog on March 10, 2006, 02:27:17 pm
Hogs win in a close one.

By the way if you didn't already know Joakim Noah's dad won a tennis tournament about a hundered years ago and his mom is an old "supermodel". Hopefully the JP guys will make sure we know about this at the start of the game, at halftime, and at the end of the game.

Annnndddd....have you heard, by chance, that Barry Booker is in his old hometown and used to play ball at Vanderbilt?? Have you heard that the guys in the truck are ugly and that Dave Baker wishes he had a thin microphone like Wink Martindale? If you haven't, I'm sure they will repeat this at least 30 times during the game tonight....

Sir Goh Mcgipder

Quote from: hogsNbeer on March 10, 2006, 11:39:52 am
Yes, Wally's columns are always full of douchbaggery! What a bag!

musiccityhog

Your name? Fletch F. Fletch
Your Address? Seven
Your occupation? I'm a Shepherd

BloodRedHog

Quote from: Craig O Squeal on March 10, 2006, 11:37:56 am

+1 Sometimes he's okay, but it grates on me with his style sometimes of comparing things...with crap like "saying this was a big win is like saying the Pope wears a tall, pointy hat." And sometimes he'll do that all through his column..why don't you just say, "I can't think of one damm thing more to say, so I'm ending my column right here.?"
[/quote]

I miss Orville Henry's columns -- the best sports writer Arkansas has seen.
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

Richard_white

MY wife said that New Orleans Saints would win the superbowl this past NFL season.  Also my wife said that Wally knows what he is talking about.  (sarcasm)

WPS

razorbk1

Wally Hall is an IDIOT! He don't know his but from a hole in the ground.

GO HOGS!

Calling All Hogs

The level of information and opinion is so much higher on hogville than the sports pages of the ADG
that I usually know all I care to know before I look at the paper.