Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tonight Stan leads us to the next level

Started by Sanctified Swine, February 21, 2006, 01:15:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanctified Swine

This has been 4 years in the making, but tonight despite all the haters out there, we finally break the .500 mark in SEC play and become a legit bid for the dance. This is a true indicator that we are turning the corner and are much improved from year to year. This IS NOT sunshine pumping as some of you have put it. This is fact. Tonight before you go to bed pick the crow out from between your teeth heath haters, because you will be eating a good HOG portion of it. Stan and the Hogs will show us what they are serious threat and they are peaking at a good time in the season!! This is judgement week, according to ESPN and the judgement is HOGS ARE LEGIT!

cmevere1027

Thrilbilly

sooie dog

Quote from: Sanctified Swine on February 21, 2006, 01:15:54 pm
This has been 4 years in the making, but tonight despite all the haters out there, we finally break the .500 mark in SEC play and become a legit bid for the dance. This is a true indicator that we are turning the corner and are much improved from year to year. This IS NOT sunshine pumping as some of you have put it. This is fact. Tonight before you go to bed pick the crow out from between your teeth heath haters, because you will be eating a good HOG portion of it. Stan and the Hogs will show us what they are serious threat and they are peaking at a good time in the season!! This is judgement week, according to ESPN and the judgement is HOGS ARE LEGIT!

If what you say is true I'm going need to stop at the store and get some dental floss and toothpicks on the way home.  I have a feeling a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment.

ENHOG

\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

bdutt

Oh Please let this be true. Please, please, please
"Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who usually do."

kramegdoh

I do hope you are correct but I will have to be Missouri'ish.  They are gonna havta Show Me.

fusbal11

I would have to agree. This game is a huge measuring stick for Stan and these players. It's put up or shut time. If they can't bring it tonight then there is something seriously wrong.
Wooo Pig

RealSmartGuy

It is amazing that it has come to this, we go 7-6 in the weakest SEC in years, and we have turned the corner with two home wins, unreal, absolutely unreal,

7-6 and WE ARE BACK BABY!!!! WOOHOO

NEXT YEAR, WE WILL BE 8-5 AT THIS POINT AND BE FURTHER BACK

NATEHOGG216

I tell you what.  I am going to the store and getting some A1 to go on that crow.  It is gonna taste awfully good if we win and make me eat it.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

TuckFexas

Hope that limb is big enough to support you. How big a boy are ya?
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

NATEHOGG216

Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

mountainhog

we can only lose 1 more conference game , and this better not  be it , we still have to go to tennessee!  I think if we win tonite , then we get to go dancing!

Ugly Uncle

We will see.  I have fallen off the bandwagon, but I didn't fall off easily.  I don't think I will climb back on easily either.  I watched Heath's reaction after the game Saturday.  I was close enough to be heard by Heath, and I yelled "GOOD JOB COACH!  WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!"  I got caught up in his emotion when he pumped his fist in the air and kicked his leg.  It was a moment he deserved to enjoy.  I don't hate Heath, I really like the class that he shows in everything he does.  I also saw his face when people booed him when he was announced.  I felt really bad for him.  So, you see, I am not a Heath hater.

I hope he does succeed.  I am just not sure he is THE guy that will be able to take us to not just the next level, but the level we all want to get back to.  A NATIONAL POWER.  It will take more than a home win against Alabama for me to chase down, and climb back on the wagon.  I won't feel like I need to eat crow even if we blow bama out.  I will wait and see how the whole season plays out.  We have the talent to beat anyone in the SEC.  If we do well in the SECT, and win the first game of the NCAA's and play well in the second game...I might MIGHT see that I was wrong.  I do think he is improving as a coach...but not sure he can get us there...even if we beat Bama.
Retired Radio Host

NATEHOGG216

PennHOG

February 21, 2006, 01:46:46 pm #16 Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 01:49:55 pm by PennHOG
Quote from: uglyuncle on February 21, 2006, 01:35:18 pm
We will see.  I have fallen off the bandwagon, but I didn't fall off easily.  I don't think I will climb back on easily either.  I watched Heath's reaction after the game Saturday.  I was close enough to be heard by Heath, and I yelled "GOOD JOB COACH!  WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!"  I got caught up in his emotion when he pumped his fist in the air and kicked his leg.  It was a moment he deserved to enjoy.  I don't hate Heath, I really like the class that he shows in everything he does.  I also saw his face when people booed him when he was announced.  I felt really bad for him.  So, you see, I am not a Heath hater.

I hope he does succeed.  I am just not sure he is THE guy that will be able to take us to not just the next level, but the level we all want to get back to.  A NATIONAL POWER.  It will take more than a home win against Alabama for me to chase down, and climb back on the wagon.  I won't feel like I need to eat crow even if we blow bama out.  I will wait and see how the whole season plays out.  We have the talent to beat anyone in the SEC.  If we do well in the SECT, and win the first game of the NCAA's and play well in the second game...I might MIGHT see that I was wrong.  I do think he is improving as a coach...but not sure he can get us there...even if we beat Bama.

Is that true.  Was there booing when Heath was announced?  That's just wrong I don't care how angry you are at him.  Those people are probably Philly Eagles fans too.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

HogInaStrangeLand

Despite my intense hatred of Heath after the Ole Miss game,
I'm glad I didn't start demanding for his release.

However, he needs to get Arkansas off the bubble, they have more potential than that.

I read an article in the AJC on Sunday about the top 10 Basketball teams to fall from Grace.  We came in second behind UNLV...difference is Tarkanian won his lawsuit against the NCAA, Nolan lost his against his own employer, the one that is still paying him.

WE NEED STAN TO GET US OFF THE BUBBLE, INTO THE DANCE, LAST AT LEAST ONE SONG, AND RETURN NEXT YEAR FOR AN ENCORE!!!

So all you fans please make the game, cheer for his ass when announced, and yell the whole friggin game, despite the score.

Because Stan's the only hope for the rest of the season and the NCAAT, then either he's gone, and we're back two steps, or he's still there and we've moved ahead one step.

Thrilbilly

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 21, 2006, 01:35:18 pm

Uncle I have really grown to like all you post. Just letting you know. Spewing common sense is always a good thing.

fusbal11

I just think booing anybody that represent the Razorbacks is completly classless.  Vent all you want to your friends or on message boards, but don't disrespect the razorback program by booing at a game----just completly classless.
We are the Razorbacks, we are a family, families stick together and take care of problems "in-house"
Wooo Pig

GO

Maybe I am wrong here but while a win tonight would be great!!! I do not think it says we are back. Yes we would have beaten two good team at HOME. IMHO the Tennessee and Georgia games will tell if we can turn a corner. Winning at home with our talent should be a given. We just have to learn to win on the road against anyone.....Do that then I will say we are turning that corner. Until then, I will be watching and hoping.

GO

oldbooniehog

They've got to prove it to me first.

Even if they win tonight, I'm still not that impressed.

I will get back on the bandwagon the day that the number of Stan Heath SEC road wins becomes more than the number of seasons he's coached at Arkansas.

That means he's gotta get two more....one to tie, one to go ahead in the win column. And they've got exactly two SEC road games left this season.

The Hogs get to 5 SEC road wins during the Stan Heath era, and I'm excited again.

Until then, I'm skeptical of everything.

oldbooniehog

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 21, 2006, 02:42:28 pm
They've got to prove it to me first.

Even if they win tonight, I'm still not that impressed.

I will get back on the bandwagon the day that the number of Stan Heath SEC road wins becomes more than the number of seasons he's coached at Arkansas.

That means he's gotta get two more....one to tie, one to go ahead in the win column. And they've got exactly two SEC road games left this season.

The Hogs get to 5 SEC road wins during the Stan Heath era, and I'm excited again.

Until then, I'm skeptical of everything.

oldbooniehog

that sounds like a fair measuring stick

Sanctified Swine

Not saying that we are all the way back by any stretch...but I am saying that a win tonight is aa very strong indicator that we are on the way back. We have a crazy long way to go to get back to where we were, but tonight is the night that we show that we are getting there. Tonight is the night that the Heath haters should have to acknowledge that we are on the way up (albeit slower than we would all like!) Tonight is the night that we can honestly make our case on ESPN that we should be tourney bound!

My appeal to Hog fans is this, put down the hate and cheer like crazy! Cheer for the program's improvement, Cheer for our future, cheer for every single player (even DONTELL and TOWNES) and for crying out loud cheer for STAN! Negativity is not the best motivator - These guys need our backing - they need to know we support them thru thick and thin! If we need to make a change due to lack of progress -- lets cry for that after the season - but while we are playing cheer for them like the wild razorbacks we are. EVEN FOR THE COACH - He is part of the team and during the season should feel our support and hear our support - If I had am employer who was constantly complaining about everything I did, and ripping me for every mistake I made, it would not take long for me to lose heart. However, if I had an employer who I knew wanted the best for me and from me and was encouraging and supportive I would want to work my butt off for him. Listen, if after the season we conclude that we are going backwards then lets yell for a change -- AFTER THE SEASON!

BUT FOR NOW we are moving forward and now is the time that every single Razorback on that team, both the unis and the suits should hear us loud and proud!

hogman64

Quote from: GO on February 21, 2006, 02:31:09 pm
Maybe I am wrong here but while a win tonight would be great!!! I do not think it says we are back. Yes we would have beaten two good team at HOME. IMHO the Tennessee and Georgia games will tell if we can turn a corner. Winning at home with our talent should be a given. We just have to learn to win on the road against anyone.....Do that then I will say we are turning that corner. Until then, I will be watching and hoping.

GO

I agree with this.. If we win tonight it will not  be totally out of the norm for a Stan Heath team, so I dont think it  is turning the corner and I dont think it is crow eating time.. We very well could win tonight then lose at Tenn and Ga.. and beat miss st at home  go 8-8 and even win one game in the tournament.....that would not qualify as a "we are back" moment,it would just mean we are now better than horrible..... a win tonight could be a part of a great finish but we will  have to see how it plays out.. In the meantime   Go Hogs  Beat Bama...............

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Sanctified Swine on February 21, 2006, 02:51:48 pm
Not saying that we are all the way back by any stretch...but I am saying that a win tonight is aa very strong indicator that we are on the way back. We have a crazy long way to go to get back to where we were, but tonight is the night that we show that we are getting there. Tonight is the night that the Heath haters should have to acknowledge that we are on the way up (albeit slower than we would all like!) Tonight is the night that we can honestly make our case on ESPN that we should be tourney bound!

My appeal to Hog fans is this, put down the hate and cheer like crazy! Cheer for the program's improvement, Cheer for our future, cheer for every single player (even DONTELL and TOWNES) and for crying out loud cheer for STAN! Negativity is not the best motivator - These guys need our backing - they need to know we support them thru thick and thin! If we need to make a change due to lack of progress -- lets cry for that after the season - but while we are playing cheer for them like the wild razorbacks we are. EVEN FOR THE COACH - He is part of the team and during the season should feel our support and hear our support - If I had am employer who was constantly complaining about everything I did, and ripping me for every mistake I made, it would not take long for me to lose heart. However, if I had an employer who I knew wanted the best for me and from me and was encouraging and supportive I would want to work my butt off for him. Listen, if after the season we conclude that we are going backwards then lets yell for a change -- AFTER THE SEASON!

BUT FOR NOW we are moving forward and now is the time that every single Razorback on that team, both the unis and the suits should hear us loud and proud!

There was a smattering of boos when Heath was announced at the Florida game.  Tonight I will be in the stands cheering for everyone associated with the hogs.

I think we should cheer and scream for our team and coaches.  I still don't believe Heath is going to get us to where we all want to go...but you know what...I am cheering for him to prove me wrong.  I hope the crowd is crazy so the nation can see that Arkansas is still wild about their hogs.  That Ramar Smith will see what it is like to be in an atmosphere like this.  That future recruits watching on T.V. will have to admit that playing for fans like us would be fun.

Still, in all my enthusiasm, I will think that we need a better coach.  I hope that Heath does prove me wrong, but tonights game won't be enough to do that.  A win doesn't prove me wrong tonight, but a loss might just prove me right.

Go Hogs...make us proud tonight.  We will be there to help.
Retired Radio Host

Sanctified Swine

hoggystyle78

Let me get this straight, we lose to Ole Miss a few days ago then beat Florida AT HOME and we're all of the sudden turning the corner?, UNBELIEVABLE! There is no way this team should be a bubble team, not this year in this league. I swear some of the same one's on here all hyped up about the BB team will be the first ones in line to hang Stan if we lose tonight! If we win tonight I will be happy to eat all the crow you can serve up, afterall, it will mean my beloved Hogs beat the Tide. By the way, how will you be serving the crow and will side dishes be made available to us "haters"?

swoopeshog

Let's win tonight and then beat the Vols!  That's a start.  We've got to finish the season strong and make a sweet 16 appearance to believe in Stan.
Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.

WilsonHog

Maybe a different level, but (barring a tremendous second half) definitely not the next level.

TuckFexas

I think your limb you went out on is about to snap Sanctified....please grab Stan on the way down.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Sanctified Swine

OH YEAH!!

CROW ANYONE?

WAY TO GO Razorbacks and way to go Stan Heath.

Sanctified Swine

Like I have been saying since way way back.... We will finish 9-7 with one SEC Tourney win and an invite to the big dance with a 21-10 record! I got hammered for believing!

hogfancb

sportscrazy

We are just a couple wins away from glory!!!  This team is good enough to win out and potentially take the SEC tournament.  This team can do it as long as we continue playing with energy and togetherness.  This team is capable.  If you don't think we can then ask yourself one question:  is there one team in the SEC that we can not beat?  I think we know that answer considering all six of our SEC losses have been by a total of 16 points and we should have won everyone of those games.  We now have the confidence and momentum it is time to take it on the road and beat the vols.  Go HOGS!!!!

Topcat

How about last Wednesday night? AR wins 2 home games and now we're going to the tournament. There are 2 road games left and SH still has a 3-27 record. It was a great win tonight but Stan Heath is still Stan Heath. I'm not convinced.

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: Sanctified Swine on February 21, 2006, 11:01:41 pm
Like I have been saying since way way back.... We will finish 9-7 with one SEC Tourney win and an invite to the big dance with a 21-10 record! I got hammered for believing!
Quote from: Sanctified Swine on February 21, 2006, 10:59:38 pm
OH YEAH!!

CROW ANYONE?

WAY TO GO Razorbacks and way to go Stan Heath.

give me a damn road win against somebody besides auburn then you can say we deserve a look at the dance
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

Ugly Uncle

Wow.  I said that a win tonight would not get me back on the bandwagon, and it wouldn't have...and I guess, still hasn't.  But what made me rethink it just a bit was the way he coached in the second half.  The decisions that he made and the changes that were made during the game...well, wow...he looked like a real coach.  He made me proud with the way that he handled the post game stuff also.  I really, really, really, like Heath.  I am still cheering for him to prove me wrong.  Still has a way to go, but I have to admit...I'm considering my distance from the wagon right now.
Retired Radio Host

whatsshakinbacon

Weren't we favored to win this game by 7?

Expected to win?

Just because we came back from 18 down doesn't mean we're world-beaters guys.

I like the way we won.  We showed some grit.  We didn't give up.

But c'mon....this was a game we should have won.  They only had 8 scholarship players for crying out loud.  Let's see if we can win a dawgonned game on the road before we proclaim ourselves as the best team in the land.

Bacon out...

Richard_white

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 22, 2006, 01:21:12 am
Wow.  I said that a win tonight would not get me back on the bandwagon, and it wouldn't have...and I guess, still hasn't.  But what made me rethink it just a bit was the way he coached in the second half.  The decisions that he made and the changes that were made during the game...well, wow...he looked like a real coach.  He made me proud with the way that he handled the post game stuff also.  I really, really, really, like Heath.  I am still cheering for him to prove me wrong.  Still has a way to go, but I have to admit...I'm considering my distance from the wagon right now.

Same here with me but like you said he has a long way to go.  I saw the desire to win in Heath tonight like I never saw.  With over alittle 20 seconds to go I saw Stan from a distance and he was jumping after Brewer made that final shot and I have been looking for that all year.

I am not saying that I am off the wagon but after the last 2 games he has me thinking.

One more thing he needs to play McCurdy more and let Donterrible collecting splinters.

WPS

RebelHawg

Hell of a win tonight. Stan did a pretty good job tonight. WPS

HogInaStrangeLand

Bacon.

When someone shoots the way Steele did for Bama, you can throw out the predictions.