Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lee Ziemba

Started by An old hog fanatic, February 12, 2006, 10:01:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

An old hog fanatic

I keep hearing that Ziemba has no interest in playing college football at Arkansas.  Anybody know whether or not this is true and if it is, why?  If this has been discussed on an earlier thread I apologize but I haven't really heard anything about the subject on this board.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

GrizzledHogFan

Just remember, Damian Williams had no interest in playing at Arkansas.   ;)
I don't know how all of those rumors started, but that's what they are--rumors.  Speculation about where he will or won't play is silly, especially this early on.  As we were recently reminded, nothing is certain until the ink is dry on the LOI.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

JackJohnson

Quote from: mid-georgia-hogfan on February 12, 2006, 10:01:43 am
I keep hearing that Ziemba has no interest in playing college football at Arkansas.  Anybody know whether or not this is true and if it is, why?  If this has been discussed on an earlier thread I apologize but I haven't really heard anything about the subject on this board.

I think it is all funny.  Ziemba parents both graduated from Auburn, so the spin is that his out of state ties are too strong for him to come here, same for greg jones who went to tenn from jonesboro after growing up in miss til the 10th grade.  Same for brett helms whose parents went to LSU but HE spent his ENTIRE LIFE in stutgart.

YET...
nathan jones, jr.'s and darious walker, and steve korte's fathers all PLAYED for the razorbacks (not just went to school there), but since they didn't grow up in ark (the way helms didn't grow up in louisiana, or ziemba didn't grow up in alabama) they personally doesn't have any ties to ark so it was too much to ask for these studs to come here.

I don't see how HDN gets the best of both worlds on this.  He wins both ways.  Those guys grew up out of state, so the ark ties don't matter.  Yet on the other hand, those guys grew up here, but those other ties win out??  I just don't get it...

wishiwasinark

I have heard the stories but I have also heard from people in the area, and from recruiting guys that his mother at least really likes Arkansas and Houston Nutt. An article said the same the other day. Auburn will be a strong draw but so will Mustain, WIlliams, McFadden and the Razorabcks who he grew up watching.  He said the same in the article.

Oklahawg

A good showing by the staff in spring evals, a positive camp experience and the in-state lure should give UA more than a fighting chance.

Even if these kids commit out-of-state I expect a good season will turn them back to the Hogs.

This is a perfect time for a great in-state crop of recruits to hit. We should have a solid season on the field next fall.

I hope to goodness that Malzahn and Wood are able to structure a sensible recruiting strategy and get us on the short list for some solid players.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: JackJohnson on February 12, 2006, 10:16:11 amI don't see how HDN gets the best of both worlds on this.  He wins both ways.  Those guys grew up out of state, so the ark ties don't matter.  Yet on the other hand, those guys grew up here, but those other ties win out??  I just don't get it...

it's pretty simple to me.  if a player wants to "get away" for college, it's tough as a parent to send your child to a school that's a long ways away.  on the other hand, if your child can "get away" by going back to a place where you've still got family and still have that security of "home" (even though it's not really home to him), then that's a pretty good option.

but, if Lee wants to play in front of him parents then he'll be a hog... if he wants to get out of NWA then I'm sure his parents will push Auburn
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Pig Power

They are good folks and this kid will play on Sundays. The family will be reviewing everything, but I think he will end up on the Hill when it is all said and done.

berryhog

Here is something Stewie posted earlier :
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,47379.0.html

BattleHawg

Quote from: Pig Power
/quote]
Quote from: Pig Power
/quote]

Pig Power, who is that chick in your avatar??

She is HOTT!!

BH

waphill

His position coach is a former coach of mine, and I don't think he is a big Arkansas fan. He is sending videos all over the country.

Cajun Hog

I don't know where he will end up at, but the hogs  :razorback: are high on his list.

berryhog

Here is an article from Junior Day at UA:  http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/147239/

Does anyone have any info about the Henry kid ?  I had not heard him mentioned anywhere until this.  Sounds promising.

TuckFexas

I work with a guy who goes to church with Lee. He says he's a good kid and does like UA, but hasn't come anywhere close to making a decision. He's just enjoying it.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

mj4president

USC has also been contacting Lee (just like everyone else except for texas, which is a good thing I HATE the longhorns) What are the chances he goes to UA with the powerhouses breathing down his neck?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: mj4president on March 04, 2006, 09:27:21 pm
USC has also been contacting Lee (just like everyone else except for texas, which is a good thing I HATE the longhorns) What are the chances he goes to UA with the powerhouses breathing down his neck?

See Mitch Mustain
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

mj4president

I dont know how to do a poll so just give your ideas. I think Ziemba is a hog. No way he goes anywhere else. This one is in the bag. Yours thoughts?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Josef

mj4president

One of the best OT in the nation and one of the best  OL the hogs will ever get.

Hugehogsfan

I would say that he is going to have his options, so hopefully GM and AW can get their claws in early and lock up this huge OL player that is a must get next year.

mj4president

We already have him. No chance he gets away from Arkansas. Sorry Auburn, USC and all of the other teams that want him, lee is a hog.

Hoop

Do ya'll know something that I don't know?
Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

thahawg

Hogs because two reasons.
1. Our focus next year is OL.
2. He will be our #1 target for the 2007 recruiting class.

Pig Power

Quote from: waphill on February 24, 2006, 12:58:02 pm
His position coach is a former coach of mine, and I don't think he is a big Arkansas fan. He is sending videos all over the country.
His position coach is my brother. He's doing what any HS coach would do (if you have a future NFL lineman you have coached) by sending tapes to all of the schools. As for being a Hog fan, he's watched his share of games.

mj4president

Coach Bray is your brother?

Pig Power

mossfan3

Pig Power, keep us updated.

12under

Quote from: JackJohnson on February 12, 2006, 10:16:11 am

I think it is all funny.  Ziemba parents both graduated from Auburn, so the spin is that his out of state ties are too strong for him to come here, same for greg jones who went to tenn from jonesboro after growing up in miss til the 10th grade.  Same for brett helms whose parents went to LSU but HE spent his ENTIRE LIFE in stutgart.

YET...
nathan jones, jr.'s and darious walker, and steve korte's fathers all PLAYED for the razorbacks (not just went to school there), but since they didn't grow up in ark (the way helms didn't grow up in louisiana, or ziemba didn't grow up in alabama) they personally doesn't have any ties to ark so it was too much to ask for these studs to come here.

I don't see how HDN gets the best of both worlds on this.  He wins both ways.  Those guys grew up out of state, so the ark ties don't matter.  Yet on the other hand, those guys grew up here, but those other ties win out??  I just don't get it...
you are just obviously looking for any reason for hdn to not get any love for any reason.  and btw, he doesnt "win" if ziemba goes somewhere else.

rightdp

March 14, 2006, 05:46:03 pm #28 Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 05:47:43 pm by rightdp
Quote from: Pig Power on March 13, 2006, 04:56:29 pm
Quote from: waphill on February 24, 2006, 12:58:02 pm
His position coach is my brother. He's doing what any HS coach would do (if you have a future NFL lineman you have coached) by sending tapes to all of the schools. As for being a Hog fan, he's watched his share of games.

As for me being a leprechaun, I like to eat broccoli.  Oh, wait a minute.....those 2 statements have nothing to do with each other.  I have watched my share of Notre Dame games.  Do you have any idea whether or not I am a fan of the Irish?

Ben Steiger

Quote from: mj4president on March 13, 2006, 07:58:52 pm

I know a Rogers quarterback (Pig Power, PM me, and I will tell ya who he is), and here's what he says, after talking personally with Ziemba.

His mom really likes HDN and the Hawgs; from what I hear, the Arkansas coaches have been talking with this kid.

He personally wears Auburn and Notre Dame shirts to workouts, and tells my friend he's interested in those two schools. I'll keep y'all updated...
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Porkahontas

Quote from: Ben Steiger on March 15, 2006, 10:30:50 am
Quote from: mj4president on March 13, 2006, 07:58:52 pm

I know a Rogers quarterback (Pig Power, PM me, and I will tell ya who he is), and here's what he says, after talking personally with Ziemba.

His mom really likes HDN and the Hawgs; from what I hear, the Arkansas coaches have been talking with this kid.

He personally wears Auburn and Notre Dame shirts to workouts, and tells my friend he's interested in those two schools. I'll keep y'all updated...

After seeing the circus that came along with the recruitment of Mustain, Cleveland, Damian, Crawford, Broadway, and those guys, all I've gotta say about this is to let me know when it's a week from signing day.

Until then, it's all double-talkin' jive. Damian and Ben were committed to Florida early last year and ended up at Arkansas. Until they're coming down the home stretch, it doesn't matter who they like now.

mj4president

Oh no he wears Auburn shirts to work out in. LOL. I doubt he gives a lot of thought as to what shirt he wears to work out. Is that Rogers QB Cody Kirby?

Tomhog™

Great linemen want to block for great qb's.  We have a great one already (still not proven, but highly sought after) in Mustain and possibly another one in Dick.  A successful season this year will go a LONG way in landing the rest of the in-state linemen recruits...

Ben Steiger

Quote from: mj4president on March 22, 2006, 11:48:35 am
Oh no he wears Auburn shirts to work out in. LOL. I doubt he gives a lot of thought as to what shirt he wears to work out. Is that Rogers QB Cody Kirby?

No, it's not Kirby I know.

I am just saying what he is doing. Rather pointed, however, that since he's lived here all his life, he doesn't wear more Arkansas shirts...
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

DOGALUM

I've heard Auburn as well.......but was told in the same sentence that it's still WAY too early to eliminate anybody.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!