Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 Former Razorbacks Remember Coach Kevin Johnson

Started by Scott Marshall, June 30, 2011, 10:01:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

Tuesday morning former Springdale High School football coach, Kevin Johnson, lost his 2 year battle with lung and colon cancer.  Coach Johnson's impact was much deeper than just the football field.  Former Dogs turned Arkansas Razorbacks, Ben Cleveland and Alex Tejada have great memories of their former coach.

Cleveland said one thing Coach Johnson taught him was, "The game of football is more than the game of football, it's about life lessons."

Tejada added, ""His influence really went on beyond the football field." "And I really wouldn't be here, right now, where I am today, in the position that I am, if it really wasn't for Coach Johnson."

"I'll never forget the memories that I have of Coach Johnson."

But the news Tuesday was tough for both to handle.

Cleveland said,  "I mean it's been rough." "But I know...The Lord has a great home, he's not hurting anymore."

Tejada said, "It's a wound that will always be there."

These former Hogs believe that Northwest Arkansas, and even the state of Arkansas, won't be the same without Coach Kevin Johnson.

Cleveland said, "There's going to be a big void not having coach Johnson around."

Kevin Johnson will be remembered at a service Friday morning at 10:00 at Cross Church in Springdale.

See full story here: http://nwahomepage.com/fulltext-news/?watch=1&nxd_id=250667