Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Wally deserve a full paycheck?

Started by JJHog, October 13, 2005, 08:28:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JJHog

Half of what he writes is stiaight from the message boards
" Think Right, Do Right"

A Boy Named Sue E.

I don't know what amazes me more. Wally keeping his job or Nutt keeping his.

JJHog

Quote from: HoopHog on October 13, 2005, 09:09:12 am
ACTUALLY - he does what the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette wants him to do...write opinion columns and generate discussion. He does that and despite the fact that he pisses people off...you still read him as do many across this state. So, he helps sell papers and performs as the Demazette wants him to perform. He stays firmly in the public eye - thanks to threads like this and responses to everything he writes. So, yeah...he does (unfortunately).

I would never buy a paper to read Wally ( I used to).

He offers no insight at all. His insight is reading a message board full of wannabees.

We should start a false rumor here and he would read it and print it.

" Think Right, Do Right"

snortman

Do you remember the movie North Dallas Forty where Matusak says "When I call it a game, you call it a business, and when I call it a business, you call it a game" thats Wally in a Nutshell(pun intented).

Wally's all about spin control: When Arkansas win, HDN is the man for Ark,he does more with less, When Ark loses its because of the NCAA cloud. It's like trying to fight city hall. Frick Wally.

GorillaJMonsoon

How much would you pay not to ever have to read Wally Hall's column again?  $5? $10? $15? This would be a one-time payment. Let me know.

JJHog

Quote from: HoopHog on October 13, 2005, 09:50:55 am
Quote from: JJHog on October 13, 2005, 09:48:54 am
Quote from: HoopHog on October 13, 2005, 09:09:12 am
ACTUALLY - he does what the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette wants him to do...write opinion columns and generate discussion. He does that and despite the fact that he pisses people off...you still read him as do many across this state. So, he helps sell papers and performs as the Demazette wants him to perform. He stays firmly in the public eye - thanks to threads like this and responses to everything he writes. So, yeah...he does (unfortunately).

I would never buy a paper to read Wally ( I used to).

He offers no insight at all. His insight is reading a message board full of wannabees.

We should start a false rumor here and he would read it and print it.

I'm curious. What motivated your posting this thread?

his column today mentions a lot of things we talk about  on message boards (nail biting, frank's guilt, etc)

http://www.wholehogsports.com/story_print.php?paper=adg&storyid=131390
" Think Right, Do Right"

A Boy Named Sue E.

I dropped my subscription to Demozette 2 years ago because of Wally. I haven't missed it one bit.

Inigo Montoya

Just read his article while dropping the kids off.  Good thing cause I ran out of toilet paper.

e_dub

Quote from: Inigo Montoya on October 13, 2005, 11:02:43 am
Just read his article while dropping the kids off. Good thing cause I ran out of toilet paper.

I think that pretty much sums it up.  This should be the end of this thread: nothing more left to say.