Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need some help from the Pro-Nutt camp

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, October 10, 2005, 08:25:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

I want all of you to give reasons why Houston Dale should remain the coach of the Razorbacks.  The only restriction is that you use facts and not opinions.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

hogken

okay! only winner since Hattie!; Already here;Mustain
one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

NuttsSacked

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 08:27:24 pm
okay! only winner since Hattie!; Already here;Mustain

Already Here?  So we should just keep him cause he is here?  I am sorry but that is the worst reason ever.  Why did we not keep Ford?  He was here already.....

Second, we don't have Mustain here, we have a VERBAL commitment, which in D1 football can amount to jack shiite come signing time.

South_Ark_Pig

Cause he is the best man for the job. PERIOD

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: South_Ark_Pig on October 10, 2005, 08:32:31 pm
Cause he is the best man for the job. PERIOD

Sorry that is pure opinion, please review the requirements for posting in the thread and edit at your discretion.

LAhog123

Just to restate the opening line, he asked for fact not opinion and to the best of my knowledge "because he is the best man for the job" is not a fact it is very much an opinion. Not bashing just saying.

Buff

Because we've only been down due to this investigation cloud.  Nutt will make us champs again.  Just wait until we get Mustain, then Nutt will open up the offense again.  :sarcasm:

hogken

all the other coaches named previously to take over are merely opinions also. just because a coach had success with another team doesnt mean it will hold true in Hogland....Herring? and if it did then Nutt falls in that same category as winning somewhere else!
one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

ThisTeetsTaken

October 10, 2005, 08:44:14 pm #9 Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 08:48:51 pm by ThisTeetsTaken
Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 08:41:01 pm
all the other coaches named previously to take over are merely opinions also. just because a coach had success with another team doesnt mean it will hold true in Hogland....Herring? and if it did then Nutt falls in that same category as winning somewhere else!
2 posts and neither were  answered with facts.  post less

Buff

y not just say you don't have a real reason as to why Nutt should stay? Herring doesn't have his kind of players or his assistants.  Give him time.  No one (i dont think) wanted Nutt fired 5 games into his career as our coach. 

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 08:41:01 pm

No they are not, they are options.  And we have not quoted coaches in this post.  I refered to a list of other coaches recommended.  Also they have posted better resume's than HDN and thats a fact. 

Just to fill you in HDN's one resume item as a D1 coach, was Boise St..... his record as a coach there?  4-7. 

hogken

FACT: Frank Broyles likes Houston Nutt! FACT: I like Houston Nutt! FACT: give me yalls tickets and i will gladly make good use of them!

hogken

Im sorry maybe I should start an OPTIONS thread! Here are your options! Cheer for your team and supporting cast! or continue to show support of something you cannot change!

LAhog123

You're probably gonna get upset about this hogken but in this particular post it doesnt matter that you like nutt or broyles likes nutt or president bush likes nutt etc. This is about LEGITIMATE reasons as to why nutt should still be the coach. So far, several posts, no reasons.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 08:48:58 pm
FACT: Frank Broyles likes Houston Nutt! FACT: I like Houston Nutt! FACT: give me yalls tickets and i will gladly make good use of them!

What the hell is that meaning?  How does that back up your claim to keep HDN?  Cause You Like Him?  Why are you not on the selection committee then?

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 08:53:03 pm
Im sorry maybe I should start an OPTIONS thread! Here are your options! Cheer for your team and supporting cast! or continue to show support of something you cannot change!

actually since fans pay for pretty much everything that goes on at the U of A, we have a voice, and collectivly, we can effect changes.  I am not sure if you realize how little FEDERAL OR STATE money supports the U of A sports program.

hogken

how can i get upset? HDN is still our coach as of earlier today!

NuttsSacked

Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 08:56:29 pm
how can i get upset? HDN is still our coach as of earlier today!

Your coach?  What number are you?

Boarsnest

October 10, 2005, 08:57:46 pm #19 Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 09:06:00 pm by Boarsnest
Because of his great play calling which is so balanced and unpredictable, because of his great recruiting history which has never left us void in any areas of top notch athletes, because Frank and Jim wouldn't have anyone to kiss their arses, because the SEC needs a Vanderbilt caliber team in the western division, because no one else can come up with the excuses that he can!!! and we get all of this for the bargin price of 1.5 million, hell give a 20 year extension Frank!!!

merccedes

Nutt has proven he can win at this level
Proven to be at least adequate recruiter of offensive talent, ie Jones,  Macfadden, Mustain
The defense should improve under Herring, fact backed up by Herrings past defenses
Proven to run a good clean program that graduates players
How are those?

WilsonHog

I'm going to be a little over the top here, but posters like hogken have driven me to it.

If you did not possess enough sense to obtain a college degree, you have no business posting on a message board with those who did.

If you do not possess the ability to use logic, rational thought, and objectivity to craft well thought out arguments, you have no business posting on a message board with those who do.

If you do not possess the ability to write at least three consecutive paragraphs in a cogent, well-written manner, preferably in complete sentences and with correct capitalization and punctuation, you have no business posting on a message board with those who do.

Carry on.

LAhog123

HAHA a good clean program??? Does anyone have the numbers on just how many CURRENT players have DUI's or DWI's on their record and still play?

PIGINAPOKE

I love the mich is here gig... NO HE IS NOT!! AND this win does nothing to help jack s**** Git off the glass pipe. If you were in Mustains shoes would you go to a pitch & catch team and squander MILLIONS of dollars.. Forget what mawmaw Mustain said about the loyal gig...Guy can play anywhere in the usa..watch...............ADIOS
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: merccedes on October 10, 2005, 09:02:43 pm
Proven to be at least adequate recruiter of offensive talent, ie Jones, Macfadden, Mustain
The defense should improve under Herring, fact backed up by Herrings past defenses
How are those?

I could take those induvidually, however combined i disagree...

Answer this, can he

Nutt has proven he can win at this level with at least adequate recruiter of offensive talent, ie Jones, Macfadden, Mustain

I know that makes no sense, but he has not proven he can win with the recruiting he has done.  He has won some with his recruiting, however he has not win big quality games, ie losing record against teams with a winning record.

The defense should improve under Herring, fact backed up by Herrings past defenses Opinion, pure opinion, no facts back this claim up

Graduate rates are not exactly stellar, so again i believe this is opinion.

merccedes

You brought it up lahog why dont you tell us.

NuttsSacked

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 10, 2005, 09:05:05 pm
I'm going to be a little over the top here, but posters like hogken have driven me to it.

If you did not possess enough sense to obtain a college degree, you have no business posting on a message board with those who did.

If you do not possess the ability to use logic, rational thought, and objectivity to craft well thought out arguments, you have no business posting on a message board with those who do.

If you do not possess the ability to write at least three consecutive paragraphs in a cogent, well-written manner, preferably in complete sentences and with correct punctuation, you have no business posting on a message board with those who do.

Carry on.

I know of someone on this board that sells real estate in Texas.  That automatically qualifies him as a con-artist.  It's know wonder he loves HDN so much considering all they have in common.   

hogken

well Wilson, I do not have a colege degree, so maybe your right! You had better save your posts for Degree holding posters and Ill find some with 3 successful Century 21 real estate offices to posts to.

NuttsSacked

Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 09:11:48 pm
well Wilson, I do not have a colege degree, so maybe your right! You had better save your posts for Degree holding posters and Ill find some with 3 successful Century 21 real estate offices to posts to.

Speak of the Devil.  Getting a little rattled there, Ken?

hogken

sucksack, Ill drive my Jaguar to your house and let you take it for a spin! JUST DONT TOUCH MY DWIGHT YOAKAM IN THE CD PLAYER!

corndo

Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 09:13:49 pm
sucksack, Ill drive my Jaguar to your house and let you take it for a spin! JUST DONT TOUCH MY DWIGHT YOAKAM IN THE CD PLAYER!

What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: merccedes on October 10, 2005, 09:02:43 pm
Proven to be at least adequate recruiter of offensive talent, ie Jones, Macfadden, Mustain
How are those?
What has he won at this level?

Would the best teams in the SEC retain an "adequet recruiter"?

You're right, the defense SHOULD improve under herring but that is in no way a fact.

Runs a "good, clean program" that graduates players? Prove it.

merccedes

so its not a fact that herring has had success as DC before, and it sounds as if you know the grad rates off hand, so please tell me those so you can back up your statement.  I also think it is obvious that most nutt haters on here dont really want to hear sound reasons why he should be retained as evidenced by the harsh replys to my post

NuttsSacked

Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 09:13:49 pm

Jaguar?  I can see that.  LMAO!!!

hogken

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: merccedes on October 10, 2005, 09:16:25 pm
so its not a fact that herring has had success as DC before, and it sounds as if you know the grad rates off hand, so please tell me those so you can back up your statement. I also think it is obvious that most nutt haters on here dont really want to hear sound reasons why he should be retained as evidenced by the harsh replys to my post
He (herring) may have had success before but to say he will have success here is merely opinion.

I asked YOU to prove the clean program and graduating of players comments because YOU made them.

corndo

Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 09:18:20 pm
id hide my profile too! teenager huh?

This seems to be getting a little childish. Can't we all just get along???  :D

NuttsSacked

Quote from: corndo on October 10, 2005, 09:22:43 pm
Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 09:18:20 pm
id hide my profile too! teenager huh?

This seems to be getting a little childish. Can't we all just get along?

You're right, Corndo.  I'll leave the boy alone.

TulsaHogFan

Still Waiting on your response to mine Mercedees. 

Also waiting on someone to post actual facts? 

This thread went nowhere fast, thanks Huggers!

merccedes

ok TTT you win i cant prove everything and i am not going to spend the time searhing to prove it to you! Also i am now  NUTT HATER i am pulling my entire donation away from football selling my remaining tickets all because of the astute conversation since i joined this board. well maybe not.

BuschHawg

I wanna see Nutt go as bad as anyone else...But, I have to give credit where credit is due

To sum HDN up in one word.....Precious!....An that's a fact jack!!! ;D

BuschHawg

hogken

BuschHawg

So are you saying Nutt didnt inhale?

BuschHawg

hogken

me either, i was just holding it for a friend!

merccedes

I am 1st and foremost a razorback fan, 2nd i support the coaches (notices i did not say nutt) because in my OPINION that is what is best for the program until the powers(right or wrong)  that be decide to make the change. I dont not agree entirely with the decisions that nutt makes but i also dont believe it helps our program in any way for me to come here and be derogatory towards  anyone who impacts the decisions that a recruit makes to come to arkansas or not. i believe in taking care of my business and let things like the nutt situation work itself out and if it takes  a year of me donating and not liking the results then the upside is just a little less taxes to pay. If nutt is fired tomorrow then i will support the new coach til he is goneand if i ever feel i cant cope with the decisions that are being made i will fine somewhere else to take my kids and spend my money.

hogken

TulsaHogFan

SERIOUSLY, can we get this thread back on track?  I am waiting with baited breath to hear the reasons (Not opinions) on why Nutt should be retained this year.

hogken

were only 2-3 at this point! after this season i will acess the situation! If Nutt leaves ,we will have a sinking ship, those blue chippers will transfer quicker than you can say Fire! HDN!

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 10:14:52 pm
were only 2-3 at this point! after this season i will acess the situation! If Nutt leaves ,we will have a sinking ship, those blue chippers will transfer quicker than you can say Fire! HDN!

Did the blue chippers that went 9-3 leave after Ford?  No, argument there.

We are only 2-3, thats horrible.  Honestly i would want us to be 8-3 every year, and we have not even faced our toughest season.

We

hogken

you will have to remind me of those blue chippers?