Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Football Season will be bittersweet

Started by rlreev, August 18, 2005, 05:41:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rlreev

I am really looking forward to football season however, it is going to be hard on me to be in Fayetteville.  My son was a senior at the UA and passed away tradically in December.  I have not been able to bring myself to Fayetteville since then.  With football coming up I will be sucking it up and continuing my healing process by going to the games and tailgating.  It will be hard because my son loved our tailgate parties and was at every game with me.  As you can see, this is really going to be a bittersweet season for me.  By the way, my heartfelt appreciation goes out to Dr. White and the UA for awarding my son his degree posthumously.

Lanny

WoW, sad news.  I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

TulsaHawg

Quote from: rlreev on August 18, 2005, 05:41:23 pm
I am really looking forward to football season however, it is going to be hard on me to be in Fayetteville. My son was a senior at the UA and passed away tradically in December. I have not been able to bring myself to Fayetteville since then. With football coming up I will be sucking it up and continuing my healing process by going to the games and tailgating. It will be hard because my son loved our tailgate parties and was at every game with me. As you can see, this is really going to be a bittersweet season for me. By the way, my heartfelt appreciation goes out to Dr. White and the UA for awarding my son his degree posthumously.

My heartfelt condolences to you!

My daughter just graduated in May. There were 2 or 3 degrees awared posthumously from the Business School.

Very sad.

rlreev

My hear felt thanks for your  response.  My son was one of those three that was awarded his degree in the business school that day in May. Congraulations to you and your daughter.  When you lose a parent you lose you history. When you lose a son you lose your future.  I am dealing with that and the UA has been a grat support for me.