Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post your questions for Press Row in this thread

Started by Lanny, August 14, 2005, 08:17:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Join Bo Mattingly and Mike Irwin each M-F 7-9 am CST for your latest Razorback updates.  Listen on the dial in Fayetteville 1190 am or Ft. Smith 96.3 Fm.  One may also hear Press Row here at Hogville.net click Press Row at the top of the board.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

NWAhoops.com

Matt Jones caught his first pass in the NFL!

His first collegiate pass as a Razorback QB was for a TD, his first collegiate shot for the Razorback basketball team was a DUNK and now his first reception in the NFL..... a TOUCHDOWN, OH MY!!!

Matt is incredible.
If your kid needs a team visit my website. http://www.NWAhoops.com

mikeirwin

Quote from: NWAhoops.com on August 14, 2005, 08:34:28 am
Matt Jones caught his first pass in the NFL!

His first collegiate pass as a Razorback QB was for a TD, his first collegiate shot for the Razorback basketball team was a DUNK and now his first reception in the NFL..... a TOUCHDOWN, OH MY!!!

Matt is incredible.
His first catch as pro (in a preseason game) was actually for 20 yards and a first down.
The TD was his third catch of the game.

nathanj

Hey Mike, do you have any info about whether the Jacksonville Jags games will be aired here, even if they coincide with the Chiefs games?  I am sure that there are a lot more Jags fans since last season.

mikeirwin

Quote from: nathanj on August 14, 2005, 01:50:02 pm
Hey Mike, do you have any info about whether the Jacksonville Jags games will be aired here, even if they coincide with the Chiefs games? I am sure that there are a lot more Jags fans since last season.
We will carry the Jags whenever possible. We will do the same for the Chiefs. If there is a conflict between the two we will show Jacksonville.

nathanj

That's good news.  I am suddenly looking forward for the NFL to start.   

Slacker

The paper and yall suggest McFadden may be moved to Defense.

Doesn't sound like McFadden wants to change sides of the ball. (To the Defense).

If he gets moved over, against his will. Do yall think he'll stay? Or be looking for a transfer?

PigKahuna

What's the story on Desmond Simms?  He was Herring's poster boy for good defense in the spring and I've heard little since then...

nathanj

When and where can we pick up the Pigskin Preview?  I am pretty sure I heard E Sullivan say that it would be on Friday the 19th.

Bomis Hawg

Normally, they'll post the media guides on the respective coach's website sometime later on.  They are good about that, no matter how long it takes for them to update Hogwird.  I have all three  sports from last year.

I am going to become a Donor soon, probably next year.  That's the best way to go.  But, if you have a higher-speed net connection and haven't donated, they'll usually set the guides up on the websites -- probably a week or two prior to the season. 

Lanny

Bo,

Thanks for the info about yesterday's press conference.  It was a beautiful day in Arkansas, Aug 15, 2005.  Now how does this set with the current razorbacks at the quarterback position.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Feralhog

Are we on the air?  I can't get the stream to work?
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Ben Steiger

Good question. I cannot either.

Bo, with the commit of Mitch Mustain, how do you see the quarterback situtation shaking out in three years? I know that's some time, but with Casey Dick, Alex Mortensen, Robert Johnson, and Mitch, what are Mike and yours prelimenary thoughts?

Thanks!
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Feralhog

How will the Mustain committment change the future of recruiting this year and beyond?   
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

hoglicious

If Felix Jones is  as good as the talk about him so far, HDN should move D. Mcfadden to defense we need special athletes on defense also

Since 1894

Bo -

In 2003, Rivals ranked Robert Johnson as a 4 star Duall-threat QB.

Rivals.com Dual-threat quarterbacks 2003 (7)
Rivals.com Midlands Top 100 (37)
Rivals.com Texas Top 100 (29)

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=9260
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

BigBabyHog71

Hey Bo,

Do you think that Mitch Mustain will go to the fan appreciation day this weekend and if so will he get more attention from fans/media then the current razorbacks players

Run2Win

Where did you hear that footballs are bigger in college than in high school?  Is there some microscopic difference that I am not aware of???   

S.P.A.M. Hog

Bo...I wanted to thank you for spending time with my rug rats on Saturday night. I hope they did not bother you too much during your shopping adventure at Dillards. They were so excited to get the chance to talk to you. Thank You. 
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

Hog Bounty Hunter

V B Porkers

PAHog

I wonder if RoJo's ability as a starter would even be questioned had Coach Nutt put one of the best WRs in the country at WR instead of QB last year and allowed Johnson to be the QB.  I thought this should have been done after the fumble vs. Texas.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

HogPsych

August 18, 2005, 08:24:57 am #22 Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 09:40:37 am by HogPsych
Bo,
I definitely saw and agree with the excitement about Felix Jones.  He was clearly the best back (with maybe Poole a close second when healthy and not considering he and Hillis in the same group) on the field the 1st 2 days.  Didn't see/agree with your perspective on Rod Coleman.  Looked very skinny and not particularly explosive to me - what did I miss? 

Flatline

When it comes to Robert Johnson.  I hope and the rest of the Razorback Nation should hope that Robert turns out to be a great QB.  This allows MM to redshirt and then be a back up for a year.  If he turns out to be a stud in college which I believe that he will then he comes out as a RS Soph. with three years to play and with a lot of confidence.  That would be the best situation.

Flatline

I am sorry I did not finish.  Why does everyone want Robet to fail.  Why are they not supporting him??????

Biggus Piggus

Robert Johnson looked better than the others (when he was practicing), but that wasn't saying much.  Now that Alex Mortensen has gotten some first-team time and been productive, I think Nutt is preparing his Dr. Frankenstein surgical equipment.  He's going to sew those two QBs together, I assure you.
[CENSORED]!

HighOnHogs

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 19, 2005, 07:27:55 amHe's going to sew those two QBs together, I assure you.

Are you saying that he is playing one against the other for the #1 spot?  Doesn't sound like that here.

http://www.hogwired.com/tablestory.asp?Home_ID=1&Story_ID=7162

Biggus Piggus

No, where do you get that?  I'm talking about the attack of the two-headed QB.
[CENSORED]!

HighOnHogs

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 19, 2005, 08:11:03 am
No, where do you get that? I'm talking about the attack of the two-headed QB.

That's what I was referring to.  Isn't that the same thing as fighting for the one spot?

Biggus Piggus

Do you think Clark and Jones were fighting for No.1 in 2001?
[CENSORED]!

HighOnHogs

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 19, 2005, 10:05:33 am
Do you think Clark and Jones were fighting for No.1 in 2001?

Yes.  They both wanted to be better than the other and be called the #1.  Whether you call it a fight or not it is.

Biggus Piggus

No, Jones didn't have a prayer of being the No.1 QB in 2001.  He was worked in with a small set of plays so they could get him on the field as a changeup.  Certainly he expected to be No.1 in 2002, but there was no question as to what was going on in 2001.  Mortensen has a better chance of starting a game than the 0% chance Jones had in 2001, because he has been on campus for a year and has worked on the real playbook.  I don't expect Nutt to use him that way though.
[CENSORED]!

HighOnHogs

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 19, 2005, 11:19:05 amMortensen has a better chance of starting a game than the 0% chance Jones had in 2001, because he has been on campus for a year and has worked on the real playbook. I don't expect Nutt to use him that way though.

Thanks, you just answered my first question to you.  If he feels he has a chance obviously he is trying to make it to #1.  And if HdN plays them both he is looking for one of them to stand out.  "Stand out" to be #1.