Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Listening to Coach Calapari on Sports56 (internet) he blames the Officials

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 07, 2008, 11:15:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogginitall

Quote from: Tripod1 on April 08, 2008, 01:47:32 pm
My guess is whichever benefits your team.

AND, whichever benefits any team playing Texas, Memphis in basketball, Tennessee, or LSU in football.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Tripod1 on April 08, 2008, 10:45:06 am
No problem disagreeing, we all see things through different eyes.  Question to smokehouse though:  you placed the Hogs in that situation but used the other team as the ones slamming the ball to the floor.  What if it were a Hog player and the T was called?  You still agree a "rule is a rule"?  I still contend, on THAT stage last night, officials are going to do all that is possible from calling something like that.  Right or wrong, that is how the powers that be have it designed.

if a Hog player did that at the end of the game, and it was called a T, I'll admit that I'd be a little angry at having the T called (in the moment), but, really, after thinking about it I'd understand and be angry at the player for doing something that stupid. Doing something that could easily (and often is) T'd up when the game is on the line is just plain dumb, and I just don't feel that the nature of a certain game should lend credence to whether or not you make a call, that gets into a pretty big can of worms.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Tripod1

Quote from: Smokehouse on April 08, 2008, 01:57:02 pm
if a Hog player did that at the end of the game, and it was called a T, I'll admit that I'd be a little angry at having the T called (in the moment), but, really, after thinking about it I'd understand and be angry at the player for doing something that stupid. Doing something that could easily (and often is) T'd up when the game is on the line is just plain dumb, and I just don't feel that the nature of a certain game should lend credence to whether or not you make a call, that gets into a pretty big can of worms.
You are absolutely correct but the Big Dance is a Big Can of Worms. 

kindtotheswine

Quote from: Special Delivery Jones on April 08, 2008, 01:15:11 pm
Man why in the world do they even have rules?  Why mess up a great game by enforcing a rule?  Why screwup your chance at winning by doing something as stupid as slamming the ball to the floor that has most likely been a technical in 500 different instances this season.

EXACTLY...when you get there act like you belong there...