Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So, Memphis loses because of free throw shooting....

Started by NuttinItUp, April 07, 2008, 10:49:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDeal

Quote from: hogsanity on April 08, 2008, 09:17:22 am
They gave the game away because of what people had been saying about Memphis for at least 3 seasons, THEY COULD NOT MAKE FREE THROWS.  People have sai about Memphis that, due to the weak sister league they play in, they could get away with games in which they shot 40% from the FT line, but it would get them in the NCAAT, and it did. 

That comment sort of reminds me of the 97 year old man that smoked all his life and when he died saying "See , I told you that smoking would kill him".

hogsanity

Quote from: BigDeal on April 08, 2008, 11:46:31 am
That comment sort of reminds me of the 97 year old man that smoked all his life and when he died saying "See , I told you that smoking would kill him".

Only if the smoking actually killed him.  FT's DID KILL Memphis.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

NuttinItUp

Quote from: spit on April 08, 2008, 04:23:31 am
yeah maybe but w/o luck last couple games THEY WOULDN"T HAVE.
The point was that it wasn't all due to luck, though. You have to have some skill, or you don't win a national championship.

Newcoachplease

Quote from: The Realist on April 08, 2008, 11:10:46 am
Do you seriously believe this?  You mention Kansas playing Texas close.  Memphis DESTROYED Texas.  So let me get this straight...you are blaming the fact that Memphis lost on the fact that they pummeled Texas and didn't keep it close so they can get that "game experience" that they already have from being an experienced squad who played the #2 ranked Out of conference schedule in the nation?

Georgetown, UConn, Arizona, Gonzaga, Oklahoma, Tennessee, USC, Mississippi State, Texas, UCLA, Michigan State....you are seriously trying to discredit the schedule of a team who played ALL of these teams?  And you believe it?  Can I have some of your kool-aid? 
Yes I am, play those teams, than play in a real conference, than get back at me.

They played in conference:

UAB 12-4 4 23
Houston 11-5 5 24-10
Southern Miss 9-7 7 19-14
UCF 9-7 7 16-15
Tulsa 8-8 8 25-14
UTEP 8-8 8 19-14
Marshall 8-8 8 16-14
Tulane 6-10 10 17-15
East Carolina 5-11 11 11-19
Southern Methodist 4-12 12 10-20
Rice 0-16 16 3-27

Boy that is tough!

Out of that thier non conference list, we played 3 of those teams, and 2 of them twice!

Than we play "meaningful" games throughout the season. Memphis doesnt play games that matter, Rucker Park has more games that matter than Memphis!

spit

Quote from: NuttinItUp on April 08, 2008, 01:12:51 pm
The point was that it wasn't all due to luck, though. You have to have some skill, or you don't win a national championship.
all I said was "kansas got lucky".
Do you seriously take that to mean that i dont think Kansas has any skill?  if so u r an idiot.
Your second sentence in that post - naahhh really??  ya don't say. 
thats kinda elementary don't you think?  Yeah everybody needs skill to go that far... not everybody has to get lucky to win it. 

NuttinItUp

Quote from: spit on April 09, 2008, 02:30:28 am
all I said was "kansas got lucky".
Do you seriously take that to mean that i dont think Kansas has any skill?  if so u r an idiot.
Your second sentence in that post - naahhh really??  ya don't say. 
thats kinda elementary don't you think?  Yeah everybody needs skill to go that far... not everybody has to get lucky to win it. 
I was simply responding to what you were saying and implying. If you make a blanket statement that "Kansas got lucky", you have to expect someone will respond telling you that it didn't all come down to luck. You shouldn't make broad generalizations and blanket statements if you do not want to be corrected.

spit

Quote from: NuttinItUp on April 09, 2008, 02:35:37 am
I was simply responding to what you were saying and implying. If you make a blanket statement that "Kansas got lucky", you have to expect someone will respond telling you that it didn't all come down to luck. You shouldn't make broad generalizations and blanket statements if you do not want to be corrected.
No correction needed, thanks anyway.  Kansas got lucky.  This implies and says that IMO kansas got lucky.  It doesn't mean, say, or imply anything else.  It is hardly a "broad generalization or blanket statement", give me a break.  It wasn't that deep man, you are just trying to start stuff and its stupid. 
Somebody saying "team got lucky", doesn't need or ask for corrections.  If you disagree then maybe you should be saying they would've won without luck, that they didn't get lucky, didn't need it.  otherwise please just stfu.

hogninja

I say "Fresh legs"  and stand by it. :razorback:

NuttinItUp

Quote from: spit on April 09, 2008, 02:55:28 am
No correction needed, thanks anyway.  Kansas got lucky.  This implies and says that IMO kansas got lucky.  It doesn't mean, say, or imply anything else.  It is hardly a "broad generalization or blanket statement", give me a break.  It wasn't that deep man, you are just trying to start stuff and its stupid. 
Somebody saying "team got lucky", doesn't need or ask for corrections.  If you disagree then maybe you should be saying they would've won without luck, that they didn't get lucky, didn't need it.  otherwise please just stfu.
You are really getting worked up over this, aren't you? Chill.