Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee just landed a big one

Started by The Realist, April 01, 2008, 05:54:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Realist

Scotty Hopson.  Stole him from Miss State and Kentucky.  #2 Shooting Guard in the nation.
We recruited him early on but he committed to Miss State very early then had second thoughts on signing day. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Hogginitall

Congratulations.   Maybe you can get to the final game of the SEC Tournament or past the Sweet 16 in the NCAAT.  Oh wait, you're Tennessee....nevermind. 

The Realist

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 01, 2008, 05:57:46 pm
Congratulations.   Maybe you can get to the final game of the SEC Tournament or past the Sweet 16 in the NCAAT.  Oh wait, you're Tennessee....nevermind. 
Maybe you missed the part where I referred to We as Arkansas.  Goes to show where blind bias gets you. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Hogginitall

Everyone knows your a closet Tennessee fan....

The Realist

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 01, 2008, 06:04:31 pm
Everyone knows your a closet Tennessee fan....
Wrong.  I don't hide the fact that I go to UT.  And also make it clear that Arkansas comes way before Tennessee in anything. 
If you don't want to know an update on a recruit...so be it, don't read the thread. 
Childs, Gregory.

Hogginitall

Quote from: The Realist on April 01, 2008, 06:19:28 pm
Wrong.  I don't hide the fact that I go to UT.  And also make it clear that Arkansas comes way before Tennessee in anything. 
If you don't want to know an update on a recruit...so be it, don't read the thread. 

I did want to know an update on a recruit.....so I read the thread.  And then made the appropriate comments.  :)

gohogsgo006

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 01, 2008, 05:57:46 pm
Congratulations.   Maybe you can get to the final game of the SEC Tournament or past the Sweet 16 in the NCAAT.  Oh wait, you're Tennessee....nevermind. 

haha nice.

I actually thought Tenn had the talent to do very well in both tournaments. Now i will never put faith in them till they actually win something
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

3kgthog

Poor guy. He obviously wasn't presented with very good information.

msudawgs64

good for him and his mommy, who apparently is the mouthpiece for the kid.  He is a sure one and done, so good sign by UT, from all indications he is a team chemistry killer.  But I think this right here is why I am glad he is a Vol..

Kyle Veasy of the Jackson Clarion Ledger asked him today about how firm he was on the UT commitment, here was his response.

"I don't just commit to a school without signing," he said. "I'm going to sign."

yeah, whatever..don't sound like he is all that bright or has short term memory issues.

Plus when Veasey asked him why Tennessee, he said because they have tradition.  That one made me spit out my soda.

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Hogginitall

April 01, 2008, 11:02:31 pm #9 Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 11:11:13 pm by Hogginitall
Quote from: msudawgs64 on April 01, 2008, 10:41:40 pm
good for him and his mommy, who apparently is the mouthpiece for the kid.  He is a sure one and done, so good sign by UT, from all indications he is a team chemistry killer.  But I think this right here is why I am glad he is a Vol..

Kyle Veasy of the Jackson Clarion Ledger asked him today about how firm he was on the UT commitment, here was his response.

"I don't just commit to a school without signing," he said. "I'm going to sign."

yeah, whatever..don't sound like he is all that bright or has short term memory issues.

Plus when Veasey asked him why Tennessee, he said because they have tradition.  That one made me spit out my soda.

You have to be F-IN kidding me!  That's a riot!  Just a question:  Is he eligible yet?  If not, I'm sure Pearl will make sure he qualifies.

msudawgs64

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 01, 2008, 11:02:31 pm
You have to be F-IN kidding me!  That's a riot!  Just an question:  Is he eligible yet?  If not, I'm sure Pearl will make sure he qualifies.

not sure if he is or not, but based just on the info I posted, I would say he may have problems putting on his Nike's without the left/right markers.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Hogstocking

Quote from: msudawgs64 on April 01, 2008, 10:41:40 pm

Wow.  Hopson must think he's going to play for Pat Summit. 

Nashville Fan

Like most schools TN needs a point guard like the Ole Miss freshman.
Pittman or Bust!

opineonswine

I know everyone has their own rivalry wannabe for us...but for my distaste, Tennessee is it.  That orange and UT make me want to vomit.  I love the state and the people until they put on their fan hats.  Then they are despisable.

They are the team I hate most in the SEC.

Hogginitall

Quote from: bbrj on April 02, 2008, 10:43:10 am
You have to remember, it is a smooth transition from the prison orange they are used to wearing.  No need to change out the wardrobe!

Or, they don't even have to change or shower after being in the deer woods for a week.  They can head on down to Neyland to catch a game and fit right in.

gohogsgo006

Quote from: opineonswine on April 02, 2008, 09:11:25 am
I know everyone has their own rivalry wannabe for us...but for my distaste, Tennessee is it.  That orange and UT make me want to vomit.  I love the state and the people until they put on their fan hats.  Then they are despisable.

That is like me with Kentucky Basketball. If i could give the death penalty to 1 college team..it would be Kentucky Basketball. Even on their down year they beat us!
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

The Realist

You really don't see that much orange around TN.  Def not the way you see red in Arkansas.  Most of my friends hate the color and we def aren't wearing orange unless its at a game. 
Childs, Gregory.

Hogginitall

Quote from: The Realist on April 02, 2008, 02:22:18 pm
You really don't see that much orange around TN.  Def not the way you see red in Arkansas.  Most of my friends hate the color and we def aren't wearing orange unless its at a game. 

Or in jail......or in the deer woods....or if you are working near a roadway....or if you dress up like a pumpkin for Halloween.  Other than those times, just at a game.

dougieritch

As long as he doesn't go to KY that is fine with me.

The Realist

Quote from: Hogginitall on April 02, 2008, 02:45:56 pm
Or in jail......or in the deer woods....or if you are working near a roadway....or if you dress up like a pumpkin for Halloween.  Other than those times, just at a game.
Never been to jail, don't go hunting (Alot more of that in AR if we are being honest and realistic) Actually I can't think of one friend of mine who goes hunting on a regular basis like some of my AR friends, and nobody I am associated with has been picking up trash on the side of a road so yeah....you don't see it too often.
Childs, Gregory.

DeltaBoy

Life is short HATE All Orange and UTX2  ( Texa$$ and Tinnersee)
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Desperate Hog

Especially in basketball because of the way their players behave, like the smith trio.
"I've got dozens of friends and the fun never ends that is as long as I'm buying"-Tommy Shaw

Desperate Hog

Especially in basketball because of the way their players behave, like the smith trio.
"I've got dozens of friends and the fun never ends that is as long as I'm buying"-Tommy Shaw

The Realist

Ramar and maybe Jajuan yes...but why Tyler if you don't mind me asking?
Childs, Gregory.

HOGINTENNESSEE

The Realist

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 04, 2008, 05:20:15 pm
He will be gone in a year
Smith or Hopson?
I think Hopson is 2 and done.  Still raw in some areas.
Childs, Gregory.

PorkFryRice

LJHOG

I just hate whoever we happen to be playin', BB or FB.  Just seems so much eaiser that way.