Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Billy Gillispie to Oklahoma State? (from the Kentucky board)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 01, 2008, 12:03:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

D Ive Wright

Quote from: drakehog on April 01, 2008, 03:42:28 pm
If BG were to leave Kentucky and Pat Forde did not rip him one bigger than he did Petrino after the Falcons thing, then he can eat crap.
Wow..anger..but thank you for responding.

PorkRyan

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on April 01, 2008, 03:40:15 pm
You won't hear a word out of Bill Self's mouth in the next few days that isn't directly associated with his team's Final Four game.  For one thing, he's smart enough to know that his team needs NO distractions right now, and he has to set the standard in that department. .

He just issued a statement that he is not interested and does not want to be contacted.  It was on ESPN Hot List.

heathtits

Yeah, I just heard it too, Pork Ryan. Although that doesn't really mean much these days, I still see NO feasible way anyone leaves a top shelf program like Kentucky or Kansas for OK STATE.

No matter how much money is involved it's still Stillwater.

opineonswine

Gillispie won't leave UK for Stillwater.  Surely he isn't that big a wuss.

Wildhog

Quote from: drakehog on April 01, 2008, 03:42:28 pm
If BG were to leave Kentucky and Pat Forde did not rip him one bigger than he did Petrino after the Falcons thing, then he can eat crap.

The world would call shenanigans.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

Quote from: opineonswine on April 01, 2008, 04:00:24 pm
Gillispie won't leave UK for Stillwater.  Surely he isn't that big a wuss.

Plus, the beer is weaker.
Go away, batin'

Hawgon

I don't know.  If OSU throws 4 million or so at Gillispie, he would have to listen.  After his up and down year at UK and the way the fans were about him when it was down, he has to know that they'll be ready to run him off next year if it is a similar year.

With T-Boone's money, I think there is a chance.

Hogtimes

Quote from: NuttinItUp on April 01, 2008, 01:48:34 pm
We need someone to give our athletic department $150 mil.

Actually I believe the total amount of his donations is $300 mil

Hogtimes

Quote from: NuttinItUp on April 01, 2008, 01:48:34 pm
We need someone to give our athletic department $150 mil.

Actually I believe the total amount of Pickens  donations  to OSU is around $300 mil

idiotghos

Quote from: Hawgon on April 01, 2008, 04:47:59 pm
I don't know.  If OSU throws 4 million or so at Gillispie, he would have to listen.  After his up and down year at UK and the way the fans were about him when it was down, he has to know that they'll be ready to run him off next year if it is a similar year.

With T-Boone's money, I think there is a chance.

Gillispie isn't stupid.  He knew very well what he was getting in to when he bolted for Lexington.  Actually, I was fairly impressed with how restrained the criticism of him was at times.  They have high expectations, but not impossible ones there, and ones Gillispie thinks he can meet.

The_Bionic_Pig

April 01, 2008, 05:23:08 pm #60 Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 05:24:54 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Everyone recall last year this time when the Texas A&M board was saying he had signed a extended contract when in fact he was about to take the Arkansas job until Billy Donavan turned down the Kentucky gig.   and the little stupid keep Gillispie March that was set up via a Aggie Message Board.

Its nice to be on the outside looking in for once...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Snoop Hoggy Hog

mathhog

Quote from: Pel Legs™ on April 01, 2008, 02:55:17 pm
Why would he leave Kansas for Okie State?  You really are Rick Schaeffer. 

Pel Legs, that's really cute.

Bill Self:
-born in Okmulgee, Oklahoma
-played high School ball at Edmond, Oklahoma
-played basketball at Oklahoma State University
-4 year letterman at  Oklahoma State
-all big-8 freshman at Oklahoma State
-Bachelor's Degree from Oklahoma State
-MASTER'S Degree from Oklahoma State
-parents live in Oklahoma
-Assistant Coach at Oklahoma State for 7 years
-Head coach in the state of Oklahoma (oral roberts, 4 years)
-Head coach in the state of Oklahoma (tulsa, 3 years)

Yeah you're SO right... why on earth would self go to Oklahoma State (*scoffs*)

i must just be rick...

sheesh, pel legs... read more, post less

AnthroHog

Maybe he would prefer being at his Alma Mater with less pressure to win.  I think Self has to turn them down first though.

chortle

Quote from: mathhog on April 01, 2008, 06:36:38 pm

Bill Self:

i must just be rick...

You forgot that the fans at Kansas all but hate him too. I'm sure that had he not made the F4 this year, they would have been calling for his head anyway.

hei5manhog

Yeah if Self lost to Davidson i don't think he would have been allowed on the plane home.  With that team, after his first round outs, he'd have to hitch hike back to lawrence to get his stuff. 
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

3kgthog

You cannot fix things by throwing money at them. Look at our basketball coaching search. We threw all kinds of numbers around, but we wound up with an up and comer. An up and comer that I'm very happy with mind you.

SLC

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 01, 2008, 07:27:00 pm
You cannot fix things by throwing money at them. Look at our basketball coaching search. We threw all kinds of numbers around, but we wound up with an up and comer. An up and comer that I'm very happy with mind you.

You are right.  We pretty much stumbled around during the coaching search and got lucky.  Paid $90K for a recommendation we had already received from other coaches (Petino and Donovan). 
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

UKWildcats

they are no truth to this what so ever it is a false statement

fu-man-soo

I am told that billy g long coveted the kentucky job, he has it and will keep it.

UKWildcats

Quote from: fu-man-soo on April 02, 2008, 02:02:01 pm
I am told that billy g long coveted the kentucky job, he has it and will keep it.

yea he will have it for a while even though he has not signed a contract yet but he will  sooner or later

fu-man-soo

Quote from: UKWildcats on April 02, 2008, 02:07:10 pm

yea he will have it for a while even though he has not signed a contract yet but he will  sooner or later

also, it will take billy g at least 1 more year to have his way with all the women in lexington

UKWildcats

Quote from: fu-man-soo on April 02, 2008, 02:21:15 pm
also, it will take billy g at least 1 more year to have his way with all the women in lexington
lol   well he is not married and was married once before and basketball broke it up so maybe

fu-man-soo

Quote from: UKWildcats on April 02, 2008, 02:22:46 pm

lol   well he is not married and was married once before and basketball broke it up so maybe

trust me, he is busy.

chortle

Quote from: fu-man-soo on April 02, 2008, 02:34:52 pm
trust me, he is busy.

In the immortal words of fictional sports agent Bob Sugar: "Pimpin' ain't easy, but it's neceeeessaaaarrrrryyyyyyyyyy"!

Wild Bill Hog

Can you imagine the meltdown in Aggieland if BG ends up at T. Boone State.

fu-man-soo

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/apr/03/jayhawks_even_keel_upon_arrival_texas/?sports

• More on Sutton: John Rohde of the Daily Oklahoman says the school is dreaming if it thinks it can land coaches from powerhouse programs.

"Oklahoma State is a good basketball job with a nice following. But it's not in the same stratosphere as Kansas or Kentucky," Rohde wrote. "This is why KU's Bill Self won't be the Cowboys' next coach, and neither will UK's Billy Gillispie.

Rohde's realistic list of possibilities: Anthony Grant, VCU; Sean Miller, Xavier; Kevin Stallings, Vanderbilt; Chris Lowery, Southern Illinois; Keno Davis, Drake. Former Arizona assistant Kevin O'Neill also could be a candidate, the Tulsa World reports.

farmhawg

After having one coach with a drinking problem why would OSU want another?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

centarkswine

ConwayHog

April 03, 2008, 02:59:17 pm #79 Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 03:02:37 pm by Pel Legs™
Quote from: mathhog on April 01, 2008, 06:36:38 pm

Bill Self:

i must just be rick...

Might as well be.  This would be like Urban Meyer leaving Florida for Mississippi State (if that were his home).

You can post 3,000 lines about him being from Oklahoma.  There's no way anyone in their right mind would leave a winning basketball program for that dump wannabe in Stillwater.

I'd keep the "read more, post less" stuff to yourself.