Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What do y'all think about the UT and Lville? Who wins?

Started by ALLVOL, March 26, 2008, 03:54:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ALLVOL

What do you guys think? Not many are giving us a chance it appears.

cosmodrum

Got Louisville in my bracket, but Tennie could pull this out, for sure. I actually think Tennie is the better team.

Just as long as JuJuan Smith SsTFU and plays well!  ;)
Go away, batin'

Adam Stokes

I have Louisville in my bracket also.  Tennessee is more talented but you guys haven't looked so hot in your last two tournament games.  Louisville has very good big men.  Good luck and represent the SEC well.

hoosier

I need UT to win in my bracket but L'ville has been playing well. I think this is the best match-up of the tourney so far.

cosmodrum

Quote from: hoosier on March 26, 2008, 04:35:18 pm
I need UT to win in my bracket but L'ville has been playing well. I think this is the best match-up of the tourney so far.

That along with UWV and Xavier.
Go away, batin'

opineonswine

toss-up.  a month ago I would have said Tenn...now I would give the slight nod to Louisville.  Should be a good game.  Won't matter.  UNC is unbeatable.

parrishw

Pitino is the better game coach in my opinion but I ain't got a dog in that hunt.

ALLVOL

Quote from: HogZ28 on March 26, 2008, 04:56:12 pm
i got UT going to the Final Four in my bracket so all i can say is  

GO VOLS!!!!
I like this guy!

ALLVOL

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 26, 2008, 03:56:10 pm
Got Louisville in my bracket, but Tennie could pull this out, for sure. I actually think Tennie is the better team.

Just as long as JuJuan Smith SsTFU and plays well!  ;)
Not a fan of players jawing at coaches either.

cosmodrum

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 26, 2008, 05:20:10 pm
Not a fan of players jawing at coaches either.

JuJuan deserved Pelphrey's "advice," but John probably should have just smiled and waived, or ignored him completely. It's funny, though.
Go away, batin'

ALLVOL

Quote from: ajs15razorman on March 26, 2008, 04:12:54 pm
I have Louisville in my bracket also.  Tennessee is more talented but you guys haven't looked so hot in your last two tournament games.  Louisville has very good big men.  Good luck and represent the SEC well.
We havent looked good in the last 4 games or so that we have played. Maybe the days off will help them get their head screwed on right.

ALLVOL

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 26, 2008, 05:33:27 pm
JuJuan deserved Pelphrey's "advice," but John probably should have just smiled and waived, or ignored him completely. It's funny, though.
I just don't like it. "Supposedly" he was jawing at the bench and not CJP but either way a player should have his mind on the game not the other teams bench. CBP was not very happy about it in later interviews.

cosmodrum

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 26, 2008, 05:35:33 pm
I just don't like it. "Supposedly" he was jawing at the bench and not CJP but either way a player should have his mind on the game not the other teams bench. CBP was not very happy about it in later interviews.

Yeah, it all fits into the "act like you've been there before," "respect the game" categories.

Then again, when you see a guy in the NFL celebrate in the endzone like a doosh or a LB act like he just single-handedly won the game every time he makes a tackle, it becomes obvious where that kind of crap is fostered. When I played sports, that stuff was considered bush league. Different sports, I know, but they see pros of any sport acting like prima donnas and talking a bunch of trash and think it's ok. I say leave it to boxers and pro wrestlers. And us moronic fans!
Go away, batin'

ALLVOL

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 26, 2008, 05:42:05 pm
Yeah, it all fits into the "act like you've been there before," "respect the game" categories.

Then again, when you see a guy in the NFL celebrate in the endzone like a doosh or a LB act like he just single-handedly won the game every time he makes a tackle, it becomes obvious where that kind of crap is fostered. When I played sports, that stuff was considered bush league. Different sports, I know, but they see pros of any sport acting like prima donnas and talking a bunch of trash and think it's ok. I say leave it to boxers and pro wrestlers. And us moronic fans!
I'm with you. Having and showing pure excitement is one thing. Being obnoxious is totally out of bounds and classless. No matter if he was jawing at Pel or the bench he was out of line for doing so.

cosmodrum

March 26, 2008, 05:52:02 pm #16 Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 05:54:20 pm by cosmodrum
Quote from: ALLVOL on March 26, 2008, 05:47:29 pm
I'm with you. Having and showing pure excitement is one thing. Being obnoxious is totally out of bounds and classless. No matter if he was jawing at Pel or the bench he was out of line for doing so.

Jordan after "the shot?" Absolutely. One of the most memorable moments in sports history. I think it's wonderful seeing a man feel like a kid. It's the promary reason people love the watch Brett Favre. It's what sports is all about. Dancing for every TD, etc, cheapens it.

I guess we should blame Icky Woods! lol

OH, and sorry for the derailing of the thread, by the way.
Go away, batin'

kuhog

I have Louisville in the elite 8. I think Tennessee can win, but I don't think they will. To me, Tennessee peaked to early. A month ago, Tennessee was a final four contender. Not so much now.

Buschman

got louisville in my bracket but i hope sec wins. going to watch the lady vols play sunday and tuesday because my wife loves them. I will be wearing my arkansas shirt and my son will wear a u conn shirt. a house divide

ALLVOL

Quote from: Buschman on March 26, 2008, 05:55:45 pm
got louisville in my bracket but i hope sec wins. going to watch the lady vols play sunday and tuesday because my wife loves them. I will be wearing my arkansas shirt and my son will wear a u conn shirt. a house divide

You married well but it seems you're not raising your son very well!  ;D

Buschman

but you got to laugh about that, we give her hell but she takes it well

Beaverfever

Louisville=better coach
Tennessee=better players
Should be the best game of the tourny so far.  I'll take tennesee though.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Buschman on March 26, 2008, 06:02:12 pm
but you got to laugh about that, we give her hell but she takes it well

I was just joking. I bet it does get entertaining.

The Hog

Lofton did not practice Monday or Tuesday.  He was in a boot after the Butler game.  Report says he should practice today and play tomorrow night.  I bet this made Vol fans nervous and Cards fans happy.
Automatic RUN!

ALLVOL

Quote from: The Hog on March 26, 2008, 06:18:33 pm
Lofton did not practice Monday or Tuesday.  He was in a boot after the Butler game.  Report says he should practice today and play tomorrow night.  I bet this made Vol fans nervous and Cards fans happy.
You could tell he was slowed in the Butler game quite a bit. Hoepefully he will be fine. If not others have to step up. But I think he will be fine.

idiotghos

What're you guys gonna do at point guard?  I know BP's not too happy with Ramar, but Prince was a turnover machine the times he took it up the court against Butler and I don't think I've seen #15 make a shot.

TNhawgfan

There is a lot of pressure on Pearl and the players to finally make it out of the sweet 16.  Maybe too much.  Pitino has been there before and knows how to get it done - I'm going with UL in a close one.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

010HogFan

Louisville looked real good against OU..

I think they pull it out...close ball game.

ALLVOL

Quote from: idiotghos on March 26, 2008, 06:59:14 pm
What're you guys gonna do at point guard?  I know BP's not too happy with Ramar, but Prince was a turnover machine the times he took it up the court against Butler and I don't think I've seen #15 make a shot.
I think Ramar will be point. I cant imagine using Prince against their press.

jacksonhawg

I have to give the nod to L'Ville because they are playing exceptionally well right now, on top of that Petino is a better, more experienced big game coach than Pearl. I am really excited about watching the game b/c I think it will be really exciting.

jgphillips3

I'm about 60/40 leaning toward Louisville pulling this one out.  Tennessee will have to regain their early season form to win this one or advance any further.  However, it seems that Pearl's UT teams always tire as the season wears on and don't look as good late in the season as they do early.  Should be a good game either way.

BloodRedHog

Tennessee...I think Pearl is a good coach and you have talent.
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

jharwell

I give the edge to Tenn. I really think it depends on the pace of the game. The faster the pace the better for UT. Pitino will have a good game plan though. No better coach in a one game situation imo.     

- Jason

HogNuttz

Got that matchup in my bracket.  I've got Louisville winning.  That's been the best region in my bracket.  I've only missed two games and have 3 of the 4 left.  I've only missed two in the south but only have 2 of 4 left.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

bsking

I garuntee a tennessee win.  No doubt.  Louisville isnt nearly athletic enough to keep up with tennessee.  I wont be suprised to see a 15+ margin of victory.

cthog99

Quote from: bsking on March 27, 2008, 11:06:38 am
I garuntee a tennessee win.  No doubt.  Louisville isnt nearly athletic enough to keep up with tennessee.  I wont be suprised to see a 15+ margin of victory.

i do not see tenn have anyone to stop caracter or padgett up front

Smokehouse

Louisville is one of my two final four teams left...

not that my bracket can me salvaged anymore.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

ALLVOL

Quote from: jharwell on March 27, 2008, 09:57:57 am
I give the edge to Tenn. I really think it depends on the pace of the game. The faster the pace the better for UT. Pitino will have a good game plan though. No better coach in a one game situation imo.    

Quote from: HoustonTXAg1990 on March 27, 2008, 12:39:37 am
Pitino will kill Pearl.
He would get blood on his pretty white suit

The Realist

All of ESPN is picking Louisville, except for Fran Fraschilla.  Thankfully he does know more than most on there.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

im f*cking sick and tired of you coming on here asking about tennessee. who cares this is a razorback board.  they are gonna lose anyway.  "nobody is giving us a chance."  nobody wants your sob story about how yall dont get respect.  go back to ibleedorange.com or something like that ask all the rest of your homers.  so stfu or go back to tennessee

cosmodrum

Quote from: #69 on March 27, 2008, 04:11:17 pm
im f*cking sick and tired of you coming on here asking about tennessee. who cares this is a razorback board.  they are gonna lose anyway.  "nobody is giving us a chance."  nobody wants your sob story about how yall dont get respect.  go back to ibleedorange.com or something like that ask all the rest of your homers.  so stfu or go back to tennessee

You don't have to read this thread, or post in it. Way to be classy, cool guy.
Go away, batin'

Col.Mccoy

We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union. - Lone Watie

firemanhogfan

I have Louisville.  But, what do I know?  My bracket is SCREWED!

The Hog

Vols will probably win ugly.  They has consistently managed to win on the road but nothing pretty about it but a win.  I will stay with ugly.
Automatic RUN!

HoustonTXAg1990

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 27, 2008, 02:13:19 pm
He would get blood on his pretty white suit

Apparently he was good enough to do it without breaking a sweat, much less dirtying his fancy threads.